Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• michael10michael10 Posts: 29
    Currently looking at the FX35 w/ touring, and tech packages. The car will be used mostly by my wife who is in sales and is on the road a lot. My question is how is the Navigation system? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • franklin3franklin3 Posts: 3
    Considering to purchase FX35 (2005). Any recommendations?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    Try the Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion for recent deals by other members.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jpa300jpa300 Posts: 8
    Check to see what version of DVD nav you have. New updates are available at http://www.zenrin.com/index.html
  • ffb13ffb13 Posts: 181
    i have used the system a few times and find it dead on.
    in conn. north carolina and florida,it has taken me right to the front door of my destination ,from 450 miles away .
    it works great.

at times i get a ---disc error --display...................shut car down and restart and it will come back.

aside from this ,all has been ok
  • asacharasachar Posts: 14
    I was about to purchase a new FX35, but was told my credit is good, but not enough credit to lease the vehicle. I ended up financing a 2003 FX45 with 28,000 miles on it. Fully loaded, premium, touring, tech and dvd system. I am told the last driver is a real good client of theirs. Total is 34,000 (was $40,000). I am putting 10,000 down (as they will only finance me $25,000 becaues of the credit issue). 7% interest comes to about $472/72 months. I love this car, and am so excited. I wanted a new one, but if this is all i can settle on..I don't mind. Any feedback??
  • GischpelGischpel Posts: 133
    I don't think this is a good deal. You are going to be paying big bucks for a used car until 2011. I'd put $10k down on a newer 35 and shorten my payment period.
  • asacharasachar Posts: 14
    I wish I could do that, but the amount to finance a new one for me is $700+ per month!! That is way too high!! I only drive it about 65 miles a week (if that). This credit thing is really stupid!! My best option right now is a used one. They won't even lease one to me. I was initially interested in an fx35 with tech and touring, but with the interest rate on a new vehicle, and the price I would pay is $41,749. Thanks for the advice!!
  • ltmarksltmarks Posts: 28
    Michael,
    The Nav system is by far he worst that i've used. Light years behind honda/acura and a lot behind Lexus.
    My major gripe is that you cannot ask it to find the nearest ___ (you name the location). For example, if I want to find a walmart, i type in walmart and it will list walmarts 200 miles away right next to one 3 miles away- without regard to which one is closest. This is excruciatingly frustrating. By definition a GPS system should know what city you're in- and what locations are closest to you- why this system doesn't is a mystery.
    There are many other gripes- no touchscreen, can't use it while driving (although there is a simple modification for this), and generally clumsy controls.
    All this aside, it does work if you know the address of the location you want to go to- just not for finding places when you don't know where they are.

Here's the catch- the Nav (tech) package comes with the backup camera and IR remote door locks. Those two features are simply amazing and are almost worth getting the crappy $4000 Nav system just for those. The camera is a lifesaver and starting the ignition without a key is very convenient.

If you have the money, I'd get it- just be warned that the Nav system isn't the best.
  • fxfxrfxfxr Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen the Sheer Platinum paint job? I can get a very good deal on one and have no true pictures to look at. Does it look like a moving mirror? Is it obnoxious or slick? Thanks.
  • kd270kd270 Posts: 23
    iam looking to lease the FX35 for 3 or 2 years now I would want to know which would be better move for me a 3 or 2 year i know that with the 2 year the car depreciates much more, but then again i dont want to be stuck with a 3 year for some reason.. another question is my dealer in ny is willing to go between $450 to $500 on the 3 year with the sports and the touring package, and 499 on the 2 year and that is with 12K per year. now what numbers should I look for meaning.. I think iam getting a good deal but what could be the hidden charges or the "hidden" things that I should look for? plus if I want to buy the car when the lease is over what should I do? this dealer wants me to pay first months payment plus the security dep and the dmv fees and the bank fee which should equal to about $2000. Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• cuecue Posts: 13
    any news on whats new for the 2006 model? redisign in the works yet?
    There's nothing under the Future Vehicles tab except the Skyline.

Anyone?

Steve, Host

• djf500djf500 Posts: 3
    :confuse: Does anyone know if the Sirius radio kit sold on grubbsperformance.com is the same as the kit sold by Infiniti parts? It's considerably cheaper & I have friend who can install it (since my FX doesn't have Sirius from the factory - the dealer wants to charge me $750 - and I can get the parts online & installed for $460)

Anyone who knows about this stuff or has uses Grubbs before - let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
  • fx_rocfx_roc Posts: 2
    just want to topic talking about FX35's AWD mode and it's affect on the ABS..any comments are welcome.. would be nice to find out about it..
  • dantedante Posts: 92
    I have a 2004 FX35 AWD with, among other things, the NAV System. I don't use it like a yellow pages, only to take me to a specific address and, until last weekend, it worked just fine.

This past weekend, however, the NAV system was totally messed up. The NAV did not match up with the location of my car, consequently, its instructions were all wrong. I noticed that at times the satellite icon, instead of being bright green, was a pasty yellow and sometimes gray. This happened for hours such that in order to get where I was going I had to (gulp) pull out the old fashioned road map. And since I am lousy at following maps as I am driving, that was very annoying.

Is it my NAV or was the satellite out of orbit this weekend? Do I need to re-set the NAV? How do you do that?

Thanks, Jon B.
  • lovemyfx35lovemyfx35 Posts: 1
    My FX35 got flat tire from company parking lot :cry: . We need to replace the flat tire. But costco tire service people meatured the tires are already 10% left. They have to replace all 4 tires :surprise: . I am not sure because the miledge is one 27,745 on my SUV. They told me that they are high performance tire and worn faster. Is this true?

Thanks,
  • GischpelGischpel Posts: 133
    You seem to be about average as far as wear goes. I have seen a few people get into the 30's with their OEM tires, but not sure how. I will need new tires by thw itme I hit you mielage or soon after.

I picked up a set of OEM Goodyears with 500 miles on them and have them sitting in my garage ready to be mounted. Someone bought a new FX and wanted 22 inch tires and wheels, so he unloaded them for a great price.
  • stevefx45stevefx45 Posts: 17
    I have an FX 45 with the 20" wheels and got about 27,000 miles on the original tires -the wear bars were clearly telling me it was time. A friend at a tire store told me any tire for that size wheel will be speed and performance oriented so forget about getting over 30,000 miles.

I bought Toyo Proxes ST becasue they had the msot aggressive looking tread of the only 4 choices for that size wheel -hoping it helps in the snow. Alos, service ammager at Infinit told me Pirelli ahd announced a very aggressive (almost a true snow tire) pattern due out and then pulled it.