Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• my 03 with about 50K miles does not have this problem. i do treat mine with plastic/vinyl cleaner and protectant about once or twice a year.
  • wolfie1wolfie1 Posts: 14
    I to have noticed the speedo error on 08 FX35, and it does seem to be about 10% when comparing it to my Garmin GPS (65mph on the speed is barely 60 per GPS)

This is really a lot..I have owned 2 other Infinitis prior to this one (both G35s) and the speedo was only off by 1-2mph, not 5-6.

This is borderline fraud...since I'm being overcharged by 10% on milleage on my lease!

Anyone try taking up this issue with Infiniti Customer service?
  • audreymaudreym Posts: 103
    Aren't the speedo & odo seperate mechanisms?
  • cruzdavecruzdave Posts: 7
    On our 04 FX 35

CD inserts and ejects ok but won't play and gives "Check Disc" message.
  • I AM READY TO BUY A 09 FX 35.CAN ONLY AFFORD 2 WHEEL DRIVE WITH 20 INCH WHEELS OR AWD WITH 18 INCH WHEELS.I LIVE IN ARKANSAS,NOT MUCH SNOW BUT PLENTY OF RAIN.DO I NEED AWD????????
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I think you can do just fine without AWD. Another consideration is that the extra weight of an AWD vehicle will cost you a little more at the gas pump due to somewhat lower gas mileage. Gas prices are likely to go back up when the economy turns around.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Skip the 20 inch wheels, if you can. If you search this forum, you will see multiple complaints about the way the fx is in the snow with the 20's, and from my experience, the 20's cause the fx to really get squirly on cupped pavement. If i were to get one again, I would get the awd with the 18's.

I have had 2 g35s, both rwd, and now a awd fx35 (08), I loved the way the rwd handled, the awd doesnt have the same feel, but I do love not getting stuck in the snow on our skip trips to Vermont, so the awd is the way to go if your going to see much snow.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    My 2003 continues to be the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Just had my first real problem, if you can call it that. After 90,000 miles, the muffler (behind the stainless steel exhaust pipes) developed a rust spot and needed to be replaced - not unusual for any car here in Minnesota where they use lots of salt in the winter. I learned this after taking it in to have the dealer diagnose the problem, and in an hour or so I got a voicemail at work from the dealer's customer service rep. She said it was $810 to replace, but because I had been such a good customer (always had maintenance done at the dealer and always completed those customer surveys afterwards) she called Infiniti and they agreed to absorb all but $275 of the repair. This was without me doing any complaining and before I had even talked to her about the diagnosis or cost.

Just want to get this out there because this kind of service is not very common these days. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to be a repeat customer.
  • thx for your advice........
  • grobblinsgrobblins Posts: 1
    When I read the above post, I had to consider that the same thing was happening with my 2005 FX 35. I bought it 6 months ago and have had steadily increase respiratory issues. I had my car tested. It was negative for Legionell but positive the these: Cladosporium, Penicillium, Fusarium which are harmless and naturally occurring.
    Luck for me its not the car, because I love it.
  • I was just told by my dealer that my 04 FX45 needs a new muffler because it has a leak in the flange area. I was told the the FX45 has two mufflers.. a center one and a rear one and the rear one is the problem. The dealer wants $761+ tax for a replacement. I see that there are many aftermarket mufflers available but I do not know if they are good replacements. The dealer's service department has said that they know of many people that try aftermarket mufflers but that many of them aren't good fits because the pipes arent bent properly. I do not know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    Jeff, see my post #335 above. You may want to ask the dealer to approach Infiniti to see if they could share the expense with you.
  • I know your post is older but I hope you still sign on... I have the same issue with my 08 FX35, the odometer, compared to my garmin, is about .038% over what it should be. I brought it up to my dealer, who denied there was a problem, and said go to infiniti. I emailed the consumer affairs dept, and they told me to call the financing dept. Did you deal with issue, I could use some pointers on how to approach this with them.

My speedometer is also off by 5mph. They put in a new one but said it was an issue they had no fix for at that time...

Any help is appreciated, thanks
  • Hello from Sweden!
    I have a problem with my FX35 that i shipped from the states...I knew that the Nav system was a problem. Think its locked to US region...but there must be a way to unlock the system and make the Navigation open to all maps...the GPS must be the same all over the world...Hopefully someone could help me with this issue...it must be the same problem on all cars exported to Europe.

I was thinking to either unlock the DVD player...or make a regionfree copy of a europe map would solve it...but i dont know how to do it.

I would be so happy if someone out there can help...Greetings from Sweden//Arne Johansson
  • I suspect your problem is that the DVD is only for North America. There is no European data on it. I would contact Zenrin to see if they have a DVD for Europe.
  • Yes the maps are for US...but i have tried the european maps , but there seems to be a lock in the system...could the DVD be locked to US...like it is on some regular DVD players?
    Any advice would be helpfull!
    Thank you//Arne Json
  • Did you actually replace the DVD in your system. If not, then the DVD that came with the car has no European GPS data in it (I suspect). I don't think it is a matter of being locked out, there simply is no data to access. On the Zenrin site, the product info suggests on USA and Canada data is on the disc. I can only recommend contacting Infiniti and Zenrin to see if a European DVD is available.
  • aq684caq684c Posts: 2
    hello just recently purchased an 06"fx35 AWD and need beige/tan oem floor mats
    anyone have any ideas?
    i tried ebay the dealership says they dont make it anymore pls help
    thank you
    I brought up the issue of my fast speedo the last time I was in for service. There comment simply was "we won't do anything because your GPS is aftermarket". In other words, they didn't even acknowledge an issue.

My FX now has 22k miles on it, and by my calculation, the mileage on the speedo is now about 1800 miles over true mileage. At 20 cents/mile on the overage rate for leases, thats $360 worth of overcharging.

I have 2 years left on my lease yet..so still have time to rattle the cage at Infiniti more.

btw, for the numbers...when my Garmin 205 gps says 65, my fx speedo says 71.