Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• cretecrete Posts: 105
    Fresh Alloy boards have the latest info on the FX45 from Infiniti.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=FX45

I don't think anything is official yet maybe that's why Edmunds hasn't updated info in the future vehicles section. So far things look interesting for the FX45.

• WOW...with all the traffic on this topic it seems as though the FX will be a flop...what do you guys think?? Just look at the threads of the Murano/RX330/XC90 heck even the 3 year old MDX - they get a LOT more traffic!! I wonder if infiniti/nissan monitiors these threads to see what's the buzz?? I don't mean to hate...I like the vehicle on paper...but IMO the looks aren't the greatest, plus the resale on infiniti kind of scares me off. Just curious but how hard do you think it would be to get one for invoice on January 6th?? :)
  • I'd say the only way you'll ever buy it at invoice on Jan. 6th is IF it's a total flop. Typically at introduction vehicles are sold at MSRP or very close to it, until the supply catches up with demand. Early adopters usually pay more in order to be one of the first ones to drive a new model. I agree that the looks of the FX45 aren't its strong suit, at least for the more traditional buyer. It'll be a niche vehicle, much like my current car (Audi allroad) which I appreciate 'cause you don't see many others on the road.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    I agree that the forum traffic seems low for a vehicle that is a month from introduction. Perhaps it is due to the incredible number of new competitors: Aviator, XC90, RX330, Murano, SRX, 4Runner, GX470, and Pacifica come to mind. Is there enough business out there for all of these guys? Overhanging all of this is the cult favorite, the MDX, which is going to get a major boost in production. From a styling standpoint, the FX45 certainly stands out, but does the market want far-out styling?
  • djasonwdjasonw Posts: 624
    I was originally interested in this vehicle until I got a closer look. WAY too radical for me. I ended up getting a leftover '02 allroad at dealer cost. Great car, handsomely styled and well appointed.
  • ALRITE I JUST TALKED TO MY INFINITI INSIDER AND THE FX35 IS SUPPOSED TO START AT 37,000 AND FULLY LOADED AT 44,500 WITH SPORT, PREMIUM AND TECH THEY WILL ARRIVE MID JANUARY
  • THE FX35 WILL AVILABLE MID JANUARY FOR A BASE PRICE OF 37,000 AND A FULLY LOADED TESTESTED PRICE OF ABOUT 44,500 IT HAS 280 HP AND 270 LB FT OF TORQUE THE FX45 WILL START AT 47,000 AND RUN TO 53,000 WITH 310 HP
  • Are you considering buying the Infiniti FX45, the Volvo XC90 or Lexus RX 330? A tv producer is looking for folks who are likely to buy one of these vehicles in the future. If you fit the bill, and would be willing to share part of your experience with the media, please send your daytime contact information and vehicle shopping list to jfallon@edmunds.com by January 15, 2003

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Does anybody know if the FX35 will come with a CVT like the Murano?
  • Saw the FX45 on a turntable at the DC auto show several days ago. No salespeople around, and no sticker or pricing info outside the turntable. Person handing out Infiniti brochures didn't want to meet my eyes, but when it was unavoidable, she said she thought the price would be in the mid-40's.

FX45 reminded me of the Murano I saw several minutes earlier at the show---large tires, hybrid SUV/station wagon/sporty, but the FX45 doesn't have the smiley face in front that the Murano has, and from the front, the FX45 reminds me somehow of 1930's cars. You know, the ones in gangster movies. But in a neat way. I was impressed, but of course didn't get to sit in it.

BTW, the Audi TT was also on a turntable. What's the deal there?? It's been out since '99. And now they have only 2 models instead of 4, and you can't get an automatic with a quattro. And the A4, although sleek, has a ragtop, not a hardtop. No way.
  • sysadbsysadb Posts: 83
    I was at the Auto Show in DC Friday. I saw the FX45 and asked the girl the same question. She said she thought it would start in the high 40's. It sounded pretty much like the option list would be short like the M45 - only a few expensive features like distance CC and voice recognition would be extra. I couldn't get a good look at the interior, but it's much more expensively finished than the Murano. Great wheels and tires - other than Porsche's Cayenne it'll probably be the fastest SUV around (if that's what one would call it). I asked about a FX35, and she said it was "months" away. I didn't have a lot of confidence in the girl's info, to tell the truth.

As for the TT on the turntable, Audi could have been "featuring" it in their display, or just decided not to screw up another car. Some dealers limit the cost of the show by locking the cars (or using a turntable) to keep the cars from being worn out. 5 days at the show can get a car enough abuse to change it's status from "new". That's especially true of sports and expensive luxury cars, which gather lots of attention. I remember when Ferrari *used* to be at the show they would place TWO velvet ropes 10 feet away from the car in an attempt to keep scratches off the car.

DB
  • pf01pf01 Posts: 35
    canadiandriver.com has posted some more information about FX45 and FX35 in their autonews section. FX45 is going to have 315 horsepower only. This is disappointing. I think Nissan missed a golden opportunity here. They should have made FX45 their flagship from now on. The Q45/M45 twin are hopeless against their German and Lexus rivalries. Nissan should have made the engine in FX45 more powerful than Q45. Another possibility is that Infiniti overstated the Q45 horsepower(340) in the first place.
  • I was at the LA auto show and i recieved some literature on teh FX45/35
    as for horse power the it is 280 w/ 270lb ft for the v6 and 315 w/ 329 lb ft for the v8 it has intelligent cruise control the smart key video entertainment system and everything u could imagine the pictures on fresh alloy are accurate and the car does look like that sorry it dosent have side mirror turn signals
    also the grubbs infiniti site has everything teh literature has the car has bi xenon lights standard
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    from Edmunds' Coverage of the 2003 LA Auto Show: 2003 Infiniti FX45/FX35.

Thanks for your comments!

Revka

Hatchbacks & Wagons Host

• pbhattipbhatti Posts: 87
    Could someone tell me why the FX45/FX35 is considered a "wagon" when the Chrysler Pacifica, Subaru Legacy/Outback, Subaru Forester, BMW X5, Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, Audi Allroad, Nissan Murano, Acura MDX,... are all listed under the SUV section?
  • pbhattipbhatti Posts: 87
    It's built on the FM (G35, upcoming GT-R) platform and has wieght distribution of 54:46 on FX45.

Dimensions:

- wheelbase: 112.2-inch

- front track 62.7-inches; width between the two front tires

- rear track 64.6-inches; width between the two rear tires

- overall width: 75.8 inches

- height: 65.0 inches

- head room (front/rear) 40.8 / 39.5 (w/o sunroof) 39.6 / 39.3 (w/ sunroof)

- leg room (front/rear) 43.9 / 35.2

- hip room (front/rear) 54.3 / 55.0

- Shoulder room (front/rear) 56.9 / 57.4

- Cargo dimensions (L x W x H) seat up 28.5 / 42.0 - 55.7 / 29.2

- interior passenger volume: 105.1 cu.ft

- cargo volume: seats up 27.4 / seats down 64.5

Photos:

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/infiniti2003/fx45.shtml

Pricing:

FX45 Base MSRP $44,225

FX35 Base MSRP $35,700

FX45 Premium Package $2,100

FX45 Technology Package $7,600

FX35 Premium Package $2,600

FX35 Sport Package $3,900

FX35 Technology Package $9,400

FX45:

- 315 HP AWD (ATTESA ET-S all-wheel drive system; same one as the Skyline GT-R)

- 329 lb-ft of torque

- standard 20" wheels

- 15/19 (City/Highway)

- 0-60 6.3 secs. (from C&D)

- .87g (from C&D)

FX35:

- 280 HP RWD or AWD (ATTESA ET-S all-wheel drive system; same one as the Skyline GT-R)

- 270 lb-ft

- standard 18" wheels

- 16/22 (City/Highway) V6 AWD

- 17/23 (City/Highway) V6 RWD

more info: http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2003vehicles/fx45/specs.shtml

• cticctic Posts: 291
    They look pretty much the same to me and dimensions are within inches of each other. I read that the Murano was built on the Altima platform and the FX45 on the G35 platform, but are the Altima and G35 platform the same thing?
  • the Altima is a front wheel platform & the G35 is a higher performance rear wheel drive platform.
  • tostos Posts: 12
    Check out the height. The Murano is 9" taller than the FX. That's significant.