Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• Premium (91+ Octane) is required in the FX45 V8 Engine, however it is only recommended in the FX35 V6 engine.
  • The aftermarket air filter would be the first thing I'd check, especially with the idle speed being off from normal. Nissan's VQ engines Mass Air Flow sensors are pretty sensitive and could be malfunctioning if the air filter wasn't installed pefectly or was maybe over or under oiled.

I'd go to an AutoZone if you've got one close to you as they'll read the code for free, then you'll have an idea what's causing the CEL.

I'd bet on the air filter though.
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    It somehow resolved itself. I filled up the tank 'coz I was almost out of gas and after about 45 miles, the lamp went away. The idle RPMs are back to where they were.

Someone from another forum said that it may have been due to the vehicle sitting for 3 weeks and the initial use had a rich fuel mixture which may have temporarily fouled up the OS sensors. Everything's OK, now. Thanks.
  • buster6buster6 Posts: 104
    I am having a loud squeak from the brakes while backing up in the morning. I spoke with my service advisor about it when I had my last oil change. He said that there is a new bulletin out for this issue but no resolve as of yet (2 weeks ago). Does anyone else have this issue, if so has Infiniti done anything for you yet, or do they have the issue solved as of yet? Thanks
  • buster6buster6 Posts: 104
    I have had a problem with my drivers seat (leather where you sit) pulling up and stretching. I had it replaced once (when the car was 1 month old and 3,000 miles). I now am at 4 months old and 12,000 miles and am having the same problem. I am 5'10" and weigh 150 lbs, so I don't think it is anything related to abuse or my proportions. When I brought the issue up to my service advisor, he agreed with the problem, but said Infiniti would not cover another leather seat cover and wants to send it to a leather repair shop to have the seat re-stuffed with the underlying material (thinking that it is not the actual leather but the foam under that is the problem). Has anyone else had this issue or a different resolve? Thanks
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    What color leather is it? I'm betting it's graphite. Other people have had this problem and it seems to be most prevalent on graphite. Brick and willow have had nowhere near the same problems as far as I know.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Desert SWPosts: 1,611
    I'm having the passenger (graphite leather) seat replaced in my G35 for that reason.
  • I own a 2004 FX35 silver light beige interior love it.Easy on the eyes never goes out of style.
    Car has 5,500 mls. not a bit of trouble.The ride is somewhat harsh,hey it's a truck what do you expect. Leo-K
  • Tell them the recommended process the 2nd go around is unacceptable. I didn't know the warranty only covered one of everything. The seat leather is a problem on lots of FX's and they should cover every occurence within reason with OEM parts. How do you think re-stuffing with add'l padding will look? Exactly!
  • Can't say that I have a big problem but the leather is certainly gathering on the sides. Passenger seat looks worst, but then I mostly drive alone to/from work and can notice it.

How much leather was puling up, 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch ??
  • Will an AWD FX35 get me up a very long steep driveway in the dead of winter? I'm in the market for a new SUV and love this car. I am told that AWD will work just as well as my current 4WD. I live in New England and our winters can be very harsh. I want to be sure I won't have a problem. Are the 18" wheels better than the 20" for this type of driving? Thanks!
  • The AWD with good winter tires should take care of you. The tires are going to make just as much difference as the AWD option.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    Well I am at 24k and my wear indicators are showing. Thinking of going to Toyo Proxies. Any other suggestions. Looking to get a longer life tire than the stock.

Crikey I hope you guys are ok from all the hurricane activity.
  • stanny1stanny1 Posts: 962
    Have a 2003 FX45 with 22k. I could have gotten about 25k on the original Goodyears but I ran over something bad on the freeway here in San Diego. Whatever it was, it not only punched through the tread but put a hole through the 20" wheel.
    Discount Tire will not patch a tire with such a small amount of tread left. Besides, I've got to find a replacement wheel (silver-painted, not chrome).
    Does anyone know of a good source for a stock 20", either new or used?
    I looked at tires on Tirerack and tires.com and the stock Goodyear has the highest speed rating, temp rating and softest rubber for the money. It's also the quietest tread design compared with the Kumhos and Goodrichs.
    If a stock wheel is going to cost big bucks, maybe I'll just go with new wheels like MBs from tires.com and maybe the 22" size to boot!
    Next call is to Grubbs Parts Dept unless anyone knows of a less expensive place to buy a stock wheel?
    That "space-saving" spare is pretty wierd looking!
  • Found this on ebay: 4 OEM brand new wheels + tires for $2895.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1- &item=7922932961&category=66486

There is a number on the page that you can call. May be they can sell you one.
    Try craigslist if that does not work out for you.
    Good luck.
  • cppcpp Posts: 36
    One of the other FX forums regularly has wheels listed for sale - one guy now has 4 listed for $900. 2003, 20", titanium. Can't mention the website, but you should be able to find it with Google.
  • hey all..... been a while since I've been here.

I have 38.9 K on my FX45 and the tire wear indicator has just let me know it's time to replace them so I'll get about 40 K on them - guess they have held up pretty good comparatively.

CL- I researched those Toyo Proxes tires as well & the reviews I've read seem to indicate that they will not be as good in the snow as the RSA's & that they may not last as long. They are also slightly more expensive than the RSA's. They do look great though. I think I am going with the OEM's - had good luck with them and I do have snow to contend with.
    Thanks for the Tire/Wheel Help. 38.9k on the RSAs is incredible. I wish I could drive that restrained.
  • Anyone consider (or have experience with) Falken Ziex S/TZ-01 (or the Ziex S/TZ-04).
  • wow, thanks msu....had never heard of them & my searches didn't turn them up but they look promising. Cheaper than either the RSA's or the Toyo's and they have a 50K wear warranty. The specs sound like they should handle like the OEM's. Do you have a link that includes reviews?.... would sure like to know how they handle in the snow.
  • stanny- I think I just got lucky. I don't drive it 'restrained' - my favorite thing to do is accelerate through turns & feel that .89 G's.
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    Sometime next month is all I know at the moment. They are rolling of the production line as we speak.
    Whenever I try to be unrestrained, the "Slip Light" comes on and my fun gets cut short!
    I found a new wheel at my local Infiniti dealer for $400. A new one was over $900! It was a "take-off". The dealer had a lot of these, and I'm sure they are almost pure profit.
    Seems like there are more than a few buyers who finance replacement wheels at the time of FX purchase. The Service Manager mentioned "Spinners" and I feel myself lucky that I have not seen an FX with Spinners. I'm praying I never do or I'll have to buy another model. Around here, I've seen loads of new Pearl White Escalades and Navis with paper plates and expensive wheels including spinners. These "mobile jewelry" vehicles seem to stay in the right lane for some reason, along with Hummers. FXes are usually in the left lane.
    Of course, if I had that much in wheels, I'd probably be in the right lane also, with someone in a Geo Metro lead car looking for road debris that could pop my 24" wheels!
    20" is risky enough!
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    wow pete 40k on the goodyears that is awesome. Don't have snow to deal with in houston so that is not a worry. Will have to check out the falkens also as the Discount tires here have them.
  • shotgunshotgun Posts: 184
    I have a Golden Sand and am very pleased with it. It doesn't show dirt, stands out in a crowd, and looks absolutely spectacular at night in the glow of sodium and regular streetlights...
    Thanks for you well wishes, buddy. I guess Jeanne wants to visit Disneyworld too, like Charley and Frances. Charley was rough but quick. I wasn't here for Frances, as I was on vacation. I boarded up this time since Jeanne looks quite unpredictable. Everything should be OK, I hope. :)
    Funny this subject came up since I was looking at tires (albeit 18s) in this month's C&D and R&T. There aren't very many choices for 20s, but 18s are quite plentiful.
  • I do not have personal experience with Falken Tires (hence my question); however all I have heard are good things. I first learned about them regarding replacement tires for our MDX. Perhaps this size (for the FX) is new enough to make finding reviews difficult, but general reviews for other sizes are readily available.
  • 40k on the tires! I agree. Fantastic! At 18k mine are looking pretty thin. Don't think they'll get past 25k. In fact, not sure I've ever gotten more than 30k on any car from a set. Then again, I guess I have to own them that long to know! LOL