Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Avenger

124»

Comments

• chow1chow1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello dodgegal. I have a 99es and my wife has a 98es. We bought them only about a mth apart. To sorta answer your question I wouldn't wast my time or money on your car. You'll be glad you didn't in the long run. Good luck.
  • chow1chow1 Member Posts: 2
    The fuel pump is in the tank. I should know. I've had to have mine replaced twice in the past 11 mths. Good luck.
  • iman10123iman10123 Member Posts: 2
    Don't do it unless your ready to push your vehicle off the road/streets due to poor electronics design by dodge /mits, these vehicles will stall out with no warning what's so ever and start up when its ready to do so. trust me i own one,john ,jane and tom we all own a money sucking machine and the dealership dosent give a darn they continue to mislead people into spending not 100s $$ but 1000s 0f $$ on unneccesary repairs so if your ready to go broke, and risk your life trying to push the vehicle of the ca. freeway with 3kids in the back one child in a carseat then i would still say do'nt do it.Why ? Because unlike the dealer i do care for others lives and i have respect for every hard earned $$$ one makes to enjoy not to throw away on a Very Poor Designed Vehicle the dodge avenger. :mad: :lemon:
  • princess440princess440 Member Posts: 1
    hello i have a dodge avenger1998 this car is the worst it keeps cutting off1st they say its the battery post not tight enough now i got that done and it keeps cutting off wat am i 2 do..smh do anybody know wat the problem is.it shuts off no warning no nothing then takes its time 2 restart then sometime i have 2 get a jump.........
  • qaz123qaz123 Member Posts: 2
    Had the same happen to me a few months ago if you look under the hood there are 3 small black squares(i do not know what they are called sorry) on the drivers side close to the windshield One of them works the switch to turn on the car I replaced all 3 of them had to get the parts at the dodge house cost me about 150.00 but it stopped the problem.
    they are some kind of relay switch.
    the other problem i had was the fuel filter also had it changed and car runs much better but over all the car is a real POS. im in the process of selling it now and will be glad to get anything for it to get rid of it soon.
    good luck to you.
  • bauxbaux Member Posts: 8
    my 2008 dodge avenger recently started to leak a lot of water into the feet area of the backseat on the drivers side.. the carpet is soaked and it fills up to a over an inch.. i cannot tell where the water is comming in from.. i took the backseats out and found the foam was soaked and there was a pool of water inder each one as well...before i go in and spend hundreds of dollers can somone give me any ideas please, it has s sunroof as well but i cant tell anything from looking
    thank youu...
  • avengerhateravengerhater Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a Dodge Avenger 2 years ago. What a piece of crap. trunk leaked, transmission slipped, hard starts. would die turning around. constant problems. what a piece of sh*t!!!! Take my adice DO NOT buy this car. after 2 years fighting with the dealer filing complaints with the BBB and the Bureau of Automobile repair I was finally able to get rid of it under the Lemon law. It was a terribel ordeal. so Please take my advice DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!
  • avengerhateravengerhater Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a new 2009 Dodge avenger, it was terrible all kinds of problems. finally got rid of it last year...do not buy this car.
  • avengerchickavengerchick Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2008 avenger about 8 months ago. 4 days after i bought it the front drivers side wheel fell off. the studs all broke off. a clean break sheered right off. car was fixed through insurance(an at fault accident so they say). 7 months later the rear wheel on the drivers side fell off. no one seems to know why this is happening, chrysler canada doesnt really care. Any advice? Im scared to death to drive this car :(
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited October 2012
    avengerchick, you might want to check with the NHTSA or Transport Canada to see if there are any recalls or reports about this. You can file a report there too.

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• blad3zblad3z Member Posts: 1
    I bought an Avenger abt a month ago. Stopped and stalled when I got it. Took it and got the codes pulled and was throwing TPS, MAP, and low 5v output. Replaced TPS and MAP and still didn't fix the problem. Any ideas?
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    blad3z, this might be a good question for our answers section, where some of our regulars hang out answering quick questions:
    http://answers.edmunds.com

After you post your question, you can check for responses by clicking the "my answers profile" link near the top of the page.

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review