Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi TT Problems and Solutions

13»

Comments

• bobdibobdi Posts: 1
    Can't say this car has been anything but reliable since I bought it new very soon after it hit showrooms. I did have the instrument cluster problem I see many others have experienced. Instrument cluster lights would quit working (not good) for no reason. Fixed under warranty on the third try when the whole cluster was replaced by the dealer. No problem since.
    My reason for visiting the forum is that I am currently having an overheating problem. My excellent repair shop has gone down the trouble resolution path replacing the sensor that activates the cooling fans and putting in a new thermostat. He was about to replace the water pump, when I started overheating and called on the owner who I have known for 15+ years. He worked on it and found hydrocarbons in the antifreeze. Looks like a had gasket or cracked head.
    Anyone else have this type of experience with their TT. If so, did you have a similar problem.
  • albyjalbyj Posts: 1
    Hey do you know how to adjust the time and date on an 01 audi tt? I changed my battery out of my keyless entry and now it wont lock or unlock what should i do?
  • I have been having a problem restarting my TT after driving for a while. If you cut it off, it will not immediately start. If you let it sit for a while and "cool off" it starts fine.

Anyone with those problems?
  • flannflann Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 225BHP TT and in the last 6 months it's REALLY started to bug me. The latest problem is with the power steering - when turning hard left or right it feels like the wheels are rubbing the wheel-arches. The steering also feels like it has too much play in that I seem to be turning the wheel a lot more than I should have to! The dealer says that the Haldex unit is not working and needs to be replaced - has anybody any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • hey what is the temp fix for the glove box...
  • mareemaree Posts: 1
    Hello
    I'm trying to make a decision here regarding the RACK system for my 2001 TT Roadster. I wondered if ANYONE out there has used the EXPENSIVE - $1000.00 trunk rack that Audi sells? It's nice looking, good for luggage and skis. But the Audi dealer here in Portland has only sold 1 or 2 since the Roadster came out!!! So, no real history or advice as to how well it works. I'm not worried about permanency on my car, just something nice looking and functional to haul my [non-permissible content removed] and my skis to the mountain!

Thank you!!
    ~ maree
  • robm4robm4 Posts: 2
    My handle on my glove box came off. How I got into the box was by opening the door and removing the side cover on the dash. Should hard, but it comes right off and pops back on. There is a hole and if your use a small screwdriver and place it in the hold it will push in the rod on the glove box.
    rob
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have had to replace a car key, which ended up costing over $200 or $300. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, April 2, 2006 containing your daytime contact information, the cost to replace your key along with the make and model your vehicle.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• jeeyoungjeeyoung Posts: 3
    I have the same problem. I got it when I lived in California. I got a job in new york so I shipped it to my parents so that they can drive around. I didn't want to sell it. I love the car. I have 2003 convertible midnight blue and it is beautiful. Anyways, during the winter, when my mom pulls away from the drive way, it stalls and feels like it is going to stop. When the car slows down at the traffic light, there is a hiccup. Took the car to the dealer and asked and they said when car changes gears, there is this gap and it feels like a hiccup. But even my civic didn't do that. How can I fix this?
  • jeeyoungjeeyoung Posts: 3
    Please call AUDI Advocate immediately 1-800-822-2834 (AUDI) with your problem. We need to let AUDI know these issues. I am so frustrated.
  • vealboyvealboy Posts: 10
    I was really thinking about getting a 2001 Audi TT Quattro Coupe. Now after reading this, I may reconsider. I really, really like the way the car looks. I am going to test drive it today...
  • tjack1tjack1 Posts: 4
    Just Wait!!!!
  • brugrebrugre Posts: 4
    My 2003 fwd auto roadster has had a wierd problem since new. When going slow and suddenly having to step down on it, as in pulling into traffic off a driveway, the car feels like it stalls. I have to let up with traffic closing in to get it going, very hairy! I've read that this condition has shown up in many 1.8T's in audi and volkswagen. My onboard shows no record even though the dealer says I describe the problem perfectly. They won't fix it without the readout. Hundreds of maf's have been replaced but they claim there is no recall or service bulletin. Anyone have any info or has gotten audi to fix this on warranty?
  • David,
    I have an 2002 audi tt. I am having problems with the top engage light. The top is latched and the light stays on. How did you fix yours? red13
  • I had the same problem with the top engaged light staying on and the solution was to replace the instrument cluster. This was done by the dealership under warranty. The new cluster also repaired s few other problems ie: DIC LCD's were being cut in half, doors would lock eratically and gas door would not always open, had to do it from inside the trunk on a couple of occasions. Also, the driver's side window would not drop when the door was opened....passenger side worked fine. Hope this helps, the cluster was the culprit.
  • I have a 2000 TT 1.8. As with many people posting, I have a series of problems with the car.

Currently (last 3 months) the engine runs rough and has power loss problems. 2 issues:

1. When I start the car in the morning it runs rough, makes popping noises and I can not just drive off, it will only go about 5 miles per hr and if I try to accelerate it starts hopping and jolting violently - again with little power.

2. After it warms up in the driveway, I can go faster, but still have power problems and it runs rough - all day.

When I go to accelerate, if I push slowly on the peddle, the car will jolt and bounce roughly..also exhibiting power loss problems. SO, to be able to merge with traffic, I have to floor it and then it hesitates for a second or two and then (it seems) the gas flows properly - because the engine lets the car accelerate smoothly - but fast. I have to floor it through all the gears until I get to cruising speed.

When running a consistent speed, it will also sometimes jump a little. Seems like the fuel flow is not consistent and I thought it might be a fuel filter, but then figured, if it was clogged, it would be clogged when I floor it too - right?

I have the typical electrical instrument problems as well, but have had them for 2 yrs and live with it. So they are not part of this issue.

the Engine light came on about 3 weeks before this problem started.

Anyone have any ideas
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    You've probably noticed new discussions appearing all over the forums. What's happening is that we are closing generic, everything-in-one pile discussions like this and creating smaller discussions that deal with specific areas of interest. You'll find a number of discussions listed at the top level of this group: Audi TT

When you're ready to post, please check the discussion list there for the appropriate discussion to post in. If you don't see a discussion that fits your question or problem, feel free to create one. We can deal with accidental duplication of topics as things progress.

While you're at the top-level, don't forget to click on "Track This Group". That way, you'll be able to track all of the discussions that are already here, as well as any new ones as they are created.

Using the "Read New Posts" link will mean you won't miss anything on the TT board. If you see a discussion that doesn't interest you, all you have to do is click on the "Remove Track" link within the discussion.

Thanks for your understanding and help in making this group a great resource of information for TT owners!

Claire

HOST

13»
This discussion has been closed.