Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004 Lexus LS430 Large sedan

2»

Comments

• carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,569
    Nice review of the new LS430. Keep in mind there will be naysayers on this board who discount state-of-the-art Nav. systems and other electronic wizardry as unimportant. They turn a blind eye to these and other refinements and prefer to denigrate the Lexus marque using descriptive tones invoking "Buicks" or "refrigerators". I don't bother to argue these points, just agree to disagree with them.
  • Good information and great thoughts in these posts. Going to Vegas on the 20th hope to see an 04.I think California my already have some off the boats.
  • samnoesamnoe Posts: 731
    Will the new Lexus finally offer illuminated controls for the power windows, door locks & mirrors, as most other simple Ford & Chrysler cars do?

Can somebody explain me why on the earth shouldn't a company that luxury as Lexus offer illuminated controls?
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    My 2001 LS430 has illuminated controls for the windows,locks, and mirrors. Even the door handle is illuminated. In my opinion there is no finer car than an LS430. My car will be 3 years old next month and has 38000 miles on it, and has never needed one repair.
  • wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
    All I have to say is LOOKING GOOD LEXUS!
  • Requires a trained eye to tell the difference between this and the '01-'03's. 6 speed tranny seem to be the major difference. Same engine. Keyless entry and bluetooth (for cell phones) are the other major changes. Latest DVD nav supposedly is more thorough. I find it hard to pay a $20k premium between this and a low mileage '02. As far as waiting for an ALL NEW LS in 2006 -- geez... has there been any all new LS since 1989? The interior looks much nicer, but it's always evolutionary.
  • Lexus of Orland in Chicago has a white 04 on the floor. They told me 4-6 weeks if i order now. Going to see it next week.
  • I read in the Tribune that Orland has 6 in Stock.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 334
    My 2002 LS430 has a small green light on each of the four windows and the door lock button. I believe this is enough illumination to find what you are looking for. The door handles are well illuminated and the intensity of the light reduces when the key is turned on. Even the floor lighting is good and it also reduces in intensity when the key is turned on. I suggest that a prospective or new owner check out the illumination in a dark room/garage to get the full understanding and familiarity with all the lighting. I am very pleased with the excellent job Lexus has done with interior lighting.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    several posts back someone detailed the evolution of the LS design changes (I believe it was lenscap).

~alpha
  • Since this vehicle is now out, we'll shortly be closing the discussion and asking everyone to continue in the active Lexus LS discussion. Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2»
This discussion has been closed.