Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

hudraheadhudrahead Posts: 169
edited March 20 in Pontiac
Bottom line MSRP was $20325.00. Base VIBE with mono paint pkg., ABS, Moon & Tunes Pkg., A/T, 16"Alloy wheels, power pkg. and cargo mat.

After dealer discount, $2000 rebate and another $1000 from GM card out the door price was $16706 plus state sales tax & title transfer. No dealer fees etc. of any kind plus 4.3% GMAC financing.

Ths was a internet "GM Buypower" transaction for a family member. I never set foot in the dealers showroom and ALL costs, discounts etc were exactly as stated in the original quote. Plus free oil changes for as long as she owns the car plus servce by appointment, free loaner car and / or pick-up and delivery @ the owner's home !! A nice no haggle deal as far as I'm concerned.

hud :):)

Comments

• gatordudegatordude Posts: 7
    Good deal! Similar to mine. I got the base Vibe with 1) power pkg, 2) auto transmission, 3) moons and tunes, 4) side air bags, and cargo mat/floor mat/stainless steel exhaust tip for $16450.00 after the $2000 GM rebate and a $1200 dealer rebate. Also got $500 for buying a GM car after an import (sorta like loyalty discount). Oh, MSRP was around $21000.

Also, we had an old GM card so we had about $3000 credit saved on it. Final price: $13450.00
  • Hi gator dude,

How do you get the loyalty discount? I'm very interested to understand this special rebate.

Thanks
  • scottdudescottdude Posts: 177
    I read elsewhere that if someone owns an import and does the GM 24 hour test drive, then buys the GM car, the dealer gets $500 from GM. Some dealers will pass this on to the customer, I guess.
    Danny, I got the $500 rebate for owning an import before I bought the Vibe.
  • mrgeneseomrgeneseo Posts: 4
    Hi, guys. The $500 rebate you are talking about is called the GM Conquest Rebate. You will be eligible for it if you have a non-GM car in your household. It does not have to be an import.
  • Am I qualify fot this Conquest Rebate if I have one GM car and one Toyota car in my household?
    I think you only get the $500 if you trade in a non GM car.
    No trade-in required. All you have to do is show them that you have a non GM car (mine was a Honda), prove that it's yours, and you get the $500 discount. I kept my Honda, BTW.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    J Koons Pontiac GMC in Tysons Corner VA. This is the Pontiac site for DC area United Buyers Service (UBS). The price is preset. UBS is the best and only way to buy a car if you are in the DC area!
  • tinosassotinosasso Posts: 16
    is 16600 after rebates a good price for an black 03' vibe w/ abs, montone appearance package, moon and tunes, power package, side airbags and 16' alumnimum wheels???
    thanks
    tino
    tino: run it through Edmunds fair market value calculator; you can find it through the home page. You insert all the options, and it will tell you very close to what the dealer paid for the car. Then look up the current incentives for the Vibe. You will then know the answer to your question.
    tmv with those options was 19481...gm currently offers 3500 in consumer rates which would bring id down to 16000. Dealer told me at first he wanted 16900 and i asked him if he would take 16600. When i mentioned 16000 he said it was way below invoice. I also have 700 if gm card earnings i want to use.
    do u think its a good price?
    he, he...having paid $20,200 for my AWD Vibe when the first ones were built, sounds like a great price from my vantage point. Go for it....remember, you're getting a Toyota after all!! Enjoy
  • abeljabelj Posts: 2
    I bought my 2003 Vibe new in May from Bellevue Buick-Pontiac-GMC via the internet. It is a base Vibe with 5-speed manual transmission, Frosty White Monotone package, Power Package and 16" alloy wheels. I paid $15,600.00 plus tax and license. My buying experience was relatively painless. I just did a locate from Pontiac's web site and the Bellevue dealer responded via email right away. I emailed him back and he called me. Once he located a 5-speed he called me and offered to sell it to me at "200 over invoice" plus I got another 2000 off that with the rebate. TO tinosasso, I think you are getting a pretty good deal on your car, especially if it is an automatic since they cost an extra $825.00(msrp)over a manual.
    If the target price you wanted to pay was $16K, you probably should have offered $15,500. Can you go to another dealer to try this?

Or if you really love the car and plan to keep it awhile, paying that extra $600 might be worth it.
  • lawsondlawsond Posts: 1
    Are you getting the $2000 rebates on 2003's or 4's? All I'm getting is a $1000 rebate, plus measily $500 off for the non-GM thing. What am I doing wrong? I got this from a dealer and an on-line do it for me place. (For a 2004 loaded base Vibe)
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    On the left side of this page, you'll now find a direct link back to our main Pontiac Vibe discussion. Also, keep your eyes open for other Pontiac Vibe articles and features soon to be added to that area. Thanks for your participation!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • gasman1gasman1 Posts: 321
    2003 Vibe base FWD, auto, moon/tunes, monotone, alum wheels with MSRP of $19,775. Factory rebates of $2,750 ($2,000 national and $750 military). GM Card rebate of $2,513. Total rebates = $5,263. Net price + $14,512. Also recieved a fair trade-in allowance of $1,600 above book value (there's the discount). Financed (CHASE Automotive Finance) for 60 months at 3.44% through dealer (Shottenkirk - Ft. Madison, IA). Very nice!
  • know when the gm conquest rebate expires ($500) because a dealership told me it was 8/4/03. I know the 2000 rebate and 1000 loyalty are good thru 9/3/03. Also to get a realistic price i should only subtract the 2000 from the tmv or 3500 from the tmv. Edmunds only lists an 03 vibe with 2000 in rebates. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.