Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

hudraheadhudrahead Member Posts: 169
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
Bottom line MSRP was $20325.00. Base VIBE with mono paint pkg., ABS, Moon & Tunes Pkg., A/T, 16"Alloy wheels, power pkg. and cargo mat.

After dealer discount, $2000 rebate and another $1000 from GM card out the door price was $16706 plus state sales tax & title transfer. No dealer fees etc. of any kind plus 4.3% GMAC financing.

Ths was a internet "GM Buypower" transaction for a family member. I never set foot in the dealers showroom and ALL costs, discounts etc were exactly as stated in the original quote. Plus free oil changes for as long as she owns the car plus servce by appointment, free loaner car and / or pick-up and delivery @ the owner's home !! A nice no haggle deal as far as I'm concerned.

hud :):)

Comments

• gatordudegatordude Member Posts: 7
    Good deal! Similar to mine. I got the base Vibe with 1) power pkg, 2) auto transmission, 3) moons and tunes, 4) side air bags, and cargo mat/floor mat/stainless steel exhaust tip for $16450.00 after the $2000 GM rebate and a $1200 dealer rebate. Also got $500 for buying a GM car after an import (sorta like loyalty discount). Oh, MSRP was around $21000.

Also, we had an old GM card so we had about $3000 credit saved on it. Final price: $13450.00
  • dannywhitedannywhite Member Posts: 9
    Hi gator dude,

How do you get the loyalty discount? I'm very interested to understand this special rebate.

Thanks
  • scottdudescottdude Member Posts: 177
    I read elsewhere that if someone owns an import and does the GM 24 hour test drive, then buys the GM car, the dealer gets $500 from GM. Some dealers will pass this on to the customer, I guess.
    Danny, I got the $500 rebate for owning an import before I bought the Vibe.
  • mrgeneseomrgeneseo Member Posts: 4
    Hi, guys. The $500 rebate you are talking about is called the GM Conquest Rebate. You will be eligible for it if you have a non-GM car in your household. It does not have to be an import.
  • dannywhitedannywhite Member Posts: 9
    Am I qualify fot this Conquest Rebate if I have one GM car and one Toyota car in my household?
    I think you only get the $500 if you trade in a non GM car.
    No trade-in required. All you have to do is show them that you have a non GM car (mine was a Honda), prove that it's yours, and you get the $500 discount. I kept my Honda, BTW.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    J Koons Pontiac GMC in Tysons Corner VA. This is the Pontiac site for DC area United Buyers Service (UBS). The price is preset. UBS is the best and only way to buy a car if you are in the DC area!
  • tinosassotinosasso Member Posts: 16
    is 16600 after rebates a good price for an black 03' vibe w/ abs, montone appearance package, moon and tunes, power package, side airbags and 16' alumnimum wheels???
    thanks
    tino
    tino: run it through Edmunds fair market value calculator; you can find it through the home page. You insert all the options, and it will tell you very close to what the dealer paid for the car. Then look up the current incentives for the Vibe. You will then know the answer to your question.
    tmv with those options was 19481...gm currently offers 3500 in consumer rates which would bring id down to 16000. Dealer told me at first he wanted 16900 and i asked him if he would take 16600. When i mentioned 16000 he said it was way below invoice. I also have 700 if gm card earnings i want to use.
    do u think its a good price?
    he, he...having paid $20,200 for my AWD Vibe when the first ones were built, sounds like a great price from my vantage point. Go for it....remember, you're getting a Toyota after all!! Enjoy
  • abeljabelj Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2003 Vibe new in May from Bellevue Buick-Pontiac-GMC via the internet. It is a base Vibe with 5-speed manual transmission, Frosty White Monotone package, Power Package and 16" alloy wheels. I paid $15,600.00 plus tax and license. My buying experience was relatively painless. I just did a locate from Pontiac's web site and the Bellevue dealer responded via email right away. I emailed him back and he called me. Once he located a 5-speed he called me and offered to sell it to me at "200 over invoice" plus I got another 2000 off that with the rebate. TO tinosasso, I think you are getting a pretty good deal on your car, especially if it is an automatic since they cost an extra $825.00(msrp)over a manual.
    If the target price you wanted to pay was $16K, you probably should have offered $15,500. Can you go to another dealer to try this?

Or if you really love the car and plan to keep it awhile, paying that extra $600 might be worth it.
  • lawsondlawsond Member Posts: 1
    Are you getting the $2000 rebates on 2003's or 4's? All I'm getting is a $1000 rebate, plus measily $500 off for the non-GM thing. What am I doing wrong? I got this from a dealer and an on-line do it for me place. (For a 2004 loaded base Vibe)
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    On the left side of this page, you'll now find a direct link back to our main Pontiac Vibe discussion. Also, keep your eyes open for other Pontiac Vibe articles and features soon to be added to that area. Thanks for your participation!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • gasman1gasman1 Member Posts: 321
    2003 Vibe base FWD, auto, moon/tunes, monotone, alum wheels with MSRP of $19,775. Factory rebates of $2,750 ($2,000 national and $750 military). GM Card rebate of $2,513. Total rebates = $5,263. Net price + $14,512. Also recieved a fair trade-in allowance of $1,600 above book value (there's the discount). Financed (CHASE Automotive Finance) for 60 months at 3.44% through dealer (Shottenkirk - Ft. Madison, IA). Very nice!
    know when the gm conquest rebate expires ($500) because a dealership told me it was 8/4/03. I know the 2000 rebate and 1000 loyalty are good thru 9/3/03. Also to get a realistic price i should only subtract the 2000 from the tmv or 3500 from the tmv. Edmunds only lists an 03 vibe with 2000 in rebates. Thanks
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    I thought the conquest dealer cash and the Pontiac/GMC owner loyalty overlap ended on August 2nd, maybe August 3rd, but if they say the 4th, then that is probably when it ends.
    dealers be able to price match cars direct (which includes everything except tag and tags) on a new car? Or should i just stick with buying from carsdirect. I'm waiting for their return phone call. Their price on a base 03' vibe with moon and tunes, montone appearance, abs, auto, power package after discounts was 15749.
    should i got for an awd 03 or a base model 04. I wanted black and none of the dealerships around here can find an black 03 fwd with the options i wanted. I can probably pay about 300 more and get an 03 vibe awd instead of a base 04 with the options i want. How bad are the base vibes in the snow. I live in the northeast so we have some bad winters. I know i can buy snow tires but some cars aren't even good with those especially with 205-55-16 tires. What do you think?
    tino: my AWD was fantastic in the 14+ snowfall we had in DC last year. Yes it is slower than the rest, but I think it is the best AWD value on the market today.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    How are you folks getting more than $1,000 of GM reward points on the Vibe. On the GM card web-site it states that the maximum allowance on the Vibe is $1,000.

Please let me know.

JR
    There are two generations of GM cards in circulation. The original Blue or Gold Card would earn up to $500 per year for up to 7 years. The entire amount can be used on the new car. The newer Platinum or Copper Card has unlimited yearly earnings but has limits per car for usuage.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    Thank you very much for that information. I was under the incorrect impression that the rules change was across the board. I am very happy to hear that my "old" card is valid up to the full amount of my earnings.

JR
  • reynoma1reynoma1 Member Posts: 1
    I think I did ok. 03' Vibe GT w/ power, moons & tunes, side airbags. MSRP somewhere close to $22,500. I paid about $21,500 with no money down, 0% financing for 5 years. Love the car (and so does my wife). I'm back in a manual transmission after a 5 year break - I feel like I'm re-learning how. Motor Trend complained about tough manual transmission shifts - anybody else?
    and thanks for sharing what you paid.

We look forward to hearing more about your ownership experience... in our other ongoing Pontiac Vibe discussion. Thanks for your participation!

Revka
    Host
  • pandppandp Member Posts: 2
    I went to a Pontiac dealership. They have their last 03 Vibe (non-GT) with AT and premium monotone package. They quoted me a price of 17167 before all rebates. Is that a good price? It seems to be a little bit high for me since I cannot find the options that I wanted and this IS their LAST stock. They did tell me that they expect me to give a counter-off. But I just wonder what would be a good price considering the timing. Thanks.
    You may also want to post (copy/paste) your question/s in our main Pontiac Vibe discussion, which has a little more traffic than this discussion. Good luck, and please return here once you've made your purchase. We look forward to hearing about your price and purchase experience. ;-)

Revka
    Host
  • gfletchergfletcher Member Posts: 2
    Price paid on my 2003 base Vibe with 4-speed auto. trans. was $16,550 before rebates, $12,300 after all incentives and rebates excluding tax. My opinion: this is a nice vehicle and a good value if a minimum of options are on it especially since it has a lot of standard features.
  • carbonnicarbonni Member Posts: 33
    $16,550-$12,300=$4,250. Nice discount! Now, I know about the $2,000 customer cash. What other rebates did you get? GM card points?
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    Wife ran into a deer on the freeway; she's ok, van in the shop at least 4 weeks.
    So I went out and bought a Vibe in 30 minutes:
    Base 5sp, silver, monotone, pwr pack.
    Told the saleslady exactly what pickle I was in and that I had a GM Card with some money on it. She used a program that I'd never heard of: "In The Driveway", which gives non-eligible consumers the "supplier" discount. Still let me use the Card.
    Price was invoice or less: Sticker $18,120 paid $17,085.
    No DOC fee, either.
    $1,500 rebate.
    $2,600 GM Card rebate
    -> $14k out-the-door.
    Great little car, great price, great sales experience. No haggling, no stress, never even met Mr. F&I. I'm sure last of the month helped.
    -Mathias
    "real men drive stick"
  • 3c33c3 Member Posts: 76
    Just bought my 2004 Vibe: base, automatic, power pkg, ABS, protection pkg, cargo box, cargo net. $19,154 + tax and fees, before discounts. I could have paid less with another dealer, but this was the ONLY car in the SF bay area that I could find, with the exact options and color (white two-tone) that I wanted, so I went for it.

Discounts: $2000 standard factory, $250 additional factory for CA, $1000 standard GM card (from 0% balance transfer checks), $500 bonus GM card.
  • pontiacvibepontiacvibe Member Posts: 6
    Local dealer did a trade with another dealer 50 miles away to get exactly what I want plus 6 CD changer. At the time I thought it was a waste of money, but I am starting to really like the CD changer now.

Got my 2004 Vibe base with automatic, monotone, power package, 6 CD changer, ABS, protection pkg.

MSRP 20370
    Discounts: $1272 discount for "GM in the Driveway" certificate, $2000 factory rebate, $250 rebate for CA car tax hike, $3788 GM card, $400 recent graduate rebate. Total discount $7710
    Out the door = $14300

Also the dealer I bought from (Nabers in Costa Mesa, CA) includes oil change every 3000 miles and unlimited car wash for free as long as I own the vehicle. And I plan to keep this car at least 10 years.

If anybody wants a "GM in the Driveway" certificate, which gives you fixed Supplier pricing (employee + 4%), go to Genvibe.com and do a search under "GM in the Driveway". There are a couple of GM employess handing them out, which is how I go it.
    Did you finance through GMAC in order to get the $400 grad cash?
    Yes, I did have to finance through GMAC to get the $400 grad cash. Since I took the cash rebate GMAC gave interest rate of 7.99%. The lowest they offer was 5.99% but I had very high credit card debt (0% balance transfer deals). But, it's not a big deal, since I will pay it off with my home equity line of credit loan at 3.25% (before tax write offs). The finance manager told me I have to keep the loan at least 3 months to avoid early payment penalties, so I will pay all of the balance minus 2 payments the first month. Then I will pay two regular payments to payoff the loan. After all is said and done, I would have paid $41 extra in interest rate to get $400 cash.
  • richyoungrichyoung Member Posts: 31
    ... but had a GREAT experience with a car dealership. Just bought my '03 Vibe AWD for $13,500. It was lightly used at 6400 miles. In fact, it is the white Vibe that is pictured on the Edmunds site for $13,995. They gave me $500 for my 92 Olds 98 Regency with 126,600. First thing I asked was "With this price, what's wrong with it?" - Nothing - CERTIFIED and all. Dealer told me that they work differently with internet buyers - supposedly we have done our homework. Be that as it may... in at 7 out by 9. Great financing and service to boot. Name of the dealership - Gillespie Pontiac in Chicago. Oh yeah...I LOVE my Vibe! Peace.
    Great price for AWD. What options did it have?
    Nice financial arrangement! It looks like a great deal to me.
  • richyoungrichyoung Member Posts: 31
    It has the automatic package...basic but necessary! Really wanted AWD (Chicago can get nasty one or two days out of the year!), so when I saw that, I was really pleased. Doesn't have the MOON and TUNES, but never got into moonroofs. Has the carpet in the back (that an option or standard?). Guess I could have tried to deal - but why tempt the Fates? Overall, a solid car and deal even without all the bells and whistles, don't you think? Besides, I only walked in with the car and nothing down. They even worked with me there - got the extended warranty. Since it was titled out, couldn't get all the cool deals, but at 6400 miles, I ain't complainin'!
    Something funny happened over the weekend. Got a call from finance manager that she got a lower rate for me 6.49% vs original 7.99%. I told her it wasn't worth the trouble for me to go back to dealer to sign new paperwork since I am paying it off in one month. Then she confessed and told me the bank (GMAC) wouldn't accept the original 7.99% and I had to come in and sign for the new lower rate. Seems like they paded too much on the interest rate. I know that dealers pad the interest rate and take the profit all the time. But because I was getting $400 recent graduate rebate, they couldn't go to their regular bank and had to go to GMAC (GMAC is giving the rebate).
    I didn't deal for lower interest rate since I am paying it off in one month.
    So I went and drove 22 miles round trip to get the lower rate and save about $12 in interest. Just thought it was kind of amusing that they actually HAD to give me a lower interest rate.
  • ttaranovttaranov Member Posts: 1
    just put a deposit on the 2004 base FWD Vibe with monotone, power & auto packages for my wife. Dealer's offer - $500 under invoice (no haggling or GM certificates needed), which makes MSRP of $19,090 reduced to $17,600 - $2000=$15,600. The car should be here in another week or so, so I'll pay for it then. I don't have GM points so no more rebates - but who cares - it's still cheaper than Matrix, plus my wife likes it better.
    That is a great price for no haggling.
    The best I have seen in So Calif was $1000 under MSRP. Congrats! I know it is a personal preference, but I do like the look of Vibe a lot better than Matrix.
  • soxfan19soxfan19 Member Posts: 1
    ...which has been a nightmare. If the price is set and there is no playing with the numbers, why have I gotten 4 different prices for the exact same car. I even had one dealer threaten, yes threaten me with having my sale audited, my car taken away and banned from the program for life. My best price has actually been without the GM program, but I'm still hoping for some end of the year better rebates. Anyone have thoughts on the Chicago rebates increasing like the south's?
    Thanks !
    Just because the price is set dosen't mean the numbers are the same. There has been a price increase on Vibes this fall, and a price increase for the supplier program. Same equipped cars could have a couple hundred dollar difference in the supplier price.

Factor in people being unfamilar with the rules or rebates, and more differences could be explainned.

With the $500 bonus rebate on the supplier cars, according to GM's web site, it would be surprising if you could buy better without it.
  • msuphilmsuphil Member Posts: 8
    Whats the maximum rebate ever offered on the Vibe so far?
    I think it was $3,000 back in December.

What's weird is how the Matrix is about the same price as a Vibe after the rebate.
  • msuphilmsuphil Member Posts: 8
    23425 MSRP
    -1440 In The drive way (supplier discount)
    -2000 Vibe rebate
    -1000 24 Hour test drive coupon
    -1000 Olds owner rebate
    -3300 GM gold card rebate

Also car was stickered before price increase late last year so I got the old price which was like 200 or so less than present rate
This discussion has been closed.