Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gofishgofish Posts: 24
    Congratulations!

Yeah, we all get different "private offers" and yours was clearly to a select group that had so much in earnings but to then were limited by redemptions. It's funny, have always kept my old card just so I would not be limited to say $1500 or something on a car like the vibe. The economy being what it is sure played to your advantage.

Regarding your $15,200 basis, I was at $15,720 (included 150 doc fee) for the 2.4 and 5 speed auto with preferred, A/C and MP3 before my card rebates. Both of these were good deals.

Enjoy.
  • mallaikmallaik Posts: 8
    We just got our 2.4L GT Liquid Platinum (Silver) Metallic with Automatic yesterday in Houston, Texas. The Preferred Package (remote entry, pwr doors/locks/window/cruise, etc.) on it is standard. A/C is standard, and Monsoon sound/leather wrap steeering wheel, etc. is standard. Options are, Auto 5 speed transmission, Power Sunroof, and Smokers Package. Sticker Price shows $21,680. Dealer quoted me invoice of $19,200. We received the following rebates: $2,000 Loyalty cash, $500 cash rebate (in lieu of 0% APR), $500 dealer cash for a price of $16,200. We have $3,000 in GM Card topped off rebates for a price of $13,200. Drive out price including Tax Title, License, Doc. Fee, Dealer Prep etc. was $14,250. I thought this was a pretty good price for a GT.
  • use1timeuse1time Posts: 13
    Smokin' deal. Wish I had done as well. Who's was the dealer?
    Beck & Masten on IH-45 Freeway, Houston, TX.
  • wuxwux Posts: 18
    I'm considering to get a similar one but MSRP for GT with auto, sunroof, and smoker package is $23295 and invoice is $21933. How did you get $19200 before $3000 rebate? Please replay as I need to make an offer very soon. Thank!
    The GT I purchased was assembled last year (2008) because it had 09 (month) inspection sticker. That means it may have been assembled around June-July 2008. Many of the features, for example the power package, sound package, A/C etc. were all standard features on this car. On the latest ones, all these features are options and costs additional money. The destination charge was $585, and now it is $635. That may be the difference why the MSRP and the invoice prices were lower on the car I purchased than the newer cars. Also, this car was driven 150 miles from another dealership as an exchange for a different color.
    Thanks.

The GT I'm considering is also made last year and everything standard, just added Auto, Sunroof and about $300 other options, so it is very similar to yours. It does have a lower MSRP than the current one ($22680 instead of $23680), but that is still $1800 higher than your. Seems that they had some mid-year price increase. Will try to find out from GM and see if I can get a similar offer like yours.

Thanks again
  • I purchased my 2009 Vibe GT in April, 2008. The standard vehicle price was $19,310 + $1050 (Auto trans.) + $700 (sunroof) + $585 (dest. charge) = $21,645 MSRP......Hope this helps for your starting point....
    raythegerman, do you remember the invoice price of your GT?
    My GT Sticker has exactly same features and costs, an additional item is Smokers Package which brought the MSRP to 21,680.
    The best offer we can get is $18000. It is a red GT added Auto, Sunroof, Theft Alarm, and Cargo Cover. The current MSRP is $23615. They had it $22680 as MSRP. It also has 150 miles on it. So it is like $1000 more on early MSRP and $1800 more than your deal. Anyway, thank you all for all the information.
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    Looking for thoughts on this one. Are dealers generally more willing to give a good price on a manual transmission since most buyers want automatic, or do they price higher because there are fewer manual trans Vibes for stick-lovers to choose from?

MSRP $18,630
    Supplier price 17,915 or 18,059 depending which GM website you believe (neither is a very good price)
    Invoice per Edmunds 17,518

Local dealer is quoting me the following:
    $17,893 vehicle price
    $204 doc fee
    + taxes and plate transfer
    - $500 rebate
    - $500 dealer cash (is this the $500 'marketing support' mentioned on the Edmunds site? The GM site currently lists $1,000 cash back so I want to make sure there's not actually $1,500 on the table here, i.e. $1,000 cash back PLUS $500 marketing support)
    - $2,000 GM owner loyalty
    - $2,000 GM Card (can I really redeem $2k on the Vibe? My card is not one of the old 'unlimited' earnings ones; it says the redemption allowance is $1k on Vibe but I've got a $2k top-off bonus earnings and the GM Card website says "GM Card Bonus Earnings can be used above applicable GM Card program limits."

TOTAL approx $13,100 excluding taxes and plate transfer.

This quote looks to be about $375 above invoice, plus the $204 doc fee.

I've read the recent deals on the thread but just wondering if I should expect that a deal at invoice price is reasonable/attainable? I would think so, but don't want to be too greedy.

The dealer would need to trade for this vehicle, from what I can tell.

Same dealer offered a price of approx $11,600 on a 1.8L manual transmission Vibe with Preferred Package but without AC. That sounded like a much better deal -- $1,500 less than the one with AC, and AC is only a $950 MSRP option.
  • triple_itriple_i Posts: 4
    bluedevils, you can definitely use your $2,000 top-off bonus earnings on a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I did it on 6/8/09 (post #345).

Anyone thinking about purchasing a Vibe should consider that according to this New York Times article:
    http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/gm-to-end-pontiac-vibe-production-in-- august/?nl=wheels&emc=wheelsa1
    production of the Vibe will end in August of this year rather than sometime in 2010 as was previously announced. I have not seen any rebates or incentives listed for 2010 Vibes so far and they have been arriving at dealerships as the 2009 Vibes disappear.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    That appears to be a 15000 deal without the GM card considered. With a 18600 msrp that is really nothing to write home about. About $4500 off msrp is an average deal on these vehicles in many areas, and has been about this time of year for several years. $4500 off with $2000 off in GM card credits (provided GM lets you do it) is about an average deal.

There are no rules on stick vs auto cars. It is mostly supply and demand for that particular vehicle.

Good luck
    --jjf

Looking for thoughts on this one. Are dealers generally more willing to give a good price on a manual transmission since most buyers want automatic, or do they price higher because there are fewer manual trans Vibes for stick-lovers to choose from?

MSRP $18,630
    Supplier price 17,915 or 18,059 depending which GM website you believe (neither is a very good price)
    Invoice per Edmunds 17,518

Local dealer is quoting me the following:
    $17,893 vehicle price
    $204 doc fee
    + taxes and plate transfer
    - $500 rebate
    - $500 dealer cash (is this the $500 'marketing support' mentioned on the Edmunds site? The GM site currently lists $1,000 cash back so I want to make sure there's not actually $1,500 on the table here, i.e. $1,000 cash back PLUS $500 marketing support)
    - $2,000 GM owner loyalty
    - $2,000 GM Card (can I really redeem $2k on the Vibe? My card is not one of the old 'unlimited' earnings ones; it says the redemption allowance is $1k on Vibe but I've got a $2k top-off bonus earnings and the GM Card website says "GM Card Bonus Earnings can be used above applicable GM Card program limits."

TOTAL approx $13,100 excluding taxes and plate transfer.

This quote looks to be about $375 above invoice, plus the $204 doc fee.

I've read the recent deals on the thread but just wondering if I should expect that a deal at invoice price is reasonable/attainable? I would think so, but don't want to be too greedy.

The dealer would need to trade for this vehicle, from what I can tell.

Same dealer offered a price of approx $11,600 on a 1.8L manual transmission Vibe with Preferred Package but without AC. That sounded like a much better deal -- $1,500 less than the one with AC, and AC is only a $950 MSRP option.
  • Here's the invoice price as per Edmunds in April, 2008....$18,345 + $924 (auto
    transmission) + $616 (sunroof) + 585 dest. charge = $20,470...That's for a 2009 Vibe GT. Incidently, the smoker's package invoice is $31 and MSRP is $35..
    Let me know if you need anything further....
    Here's the invoice price as per Edmunds now....$19,727 + $924 (auto
    transmission) + $616 (sunroof) + 635 dest. charge = $21,902...That's for a 2009 Vibe GT. The smoker's package invoice is still $31 and MSRP is $35..

So GM added almost $1500 since then.

Still $20470+31=20501 is $1301 more than $19200, the invoice mallaik got. Wish we can get a deal that good.
    Thanks, raythegerman. I am not sure how they gave me $19,200 invoice price. This is a big surprise for me.
  • kathyc2kathyc2 Posts: 159
    We have the details worked out on a 2009 Vibe purchase for my son. Now I just need to decide if rebates will be better or worse in July.

We have a current Pontiac, so quality for the loyalty rebate. Dealer is passing along the dealer rebate, so total is 3K.

1,000 in rebates expire 6/30, although the loyalty rebate expires 7/6. My intuition is telling me that regular July rebates will go up, but the loyalty may go down. I'm hoping to have a day where I can double dip so to speak.

Other peoples thoughts on this, please!
  • use1timeuse1time Posts: 13
    You know, I used to know a guy who always tried to squeeze the last nickle out of a deal. He was excellent at it. However, I am amazed at how many deals that were really, really great went south over that last nickle.
    If you're looking at what you want and it's a good deal, pull the trigger. It may not be there a month from now, or rebates might not go your way and after all, time really is money. If your time isn't worth anything, then I suppose wasting it on wheeling and dealing for a car is worthwhile to you. But on the other hand, if the lowest possible price on a new car means so much why aren't you looking at a Kia or a Suzuki?
  • kathyc2kathyc2 Posts: 159
    Geez, lighten up.

I've made a verbal deal on the price of the car. Just trying to do some guessing if the rebates might be a little better in July. They will hold the car for me, it's only a matter of a couple of days.
    Same here but looks like nobody knows about July Rebate. Notice that another $500 cash to dealer expires on 6/30, too.
This discussion has been closed.