Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    What type of warranty or extended guarantee does the "Certified" give you???
  • eilroseilros Posts: 35
    It basically gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling!! :)

--------------

What is GM Certified?
    It's the reliability of new and the affordability of used.

Body Points/Highlights:

110+ Point Inspection
    Everything from the exhaust system to cup holders is inspected and reconditioned, if necessary. If the vehicle doesn't pass, we don't certify it. Period.

Road Test:
    1. Check Vehicle History
    2. Check for Open Safety Campaigns
    3. Owner's Manual/Warranty Booklet
    4. Seat Belts/Retractors/Air Bags
    5. Mirrors
    6. Indicator Light/Gauges/Warning Tones
    7. Engine Start/Idle
    8. Engine Operation/Performance/Acceleration
    9. Shifting/Automatic/Manual
    10. Anti-Skid/Traction Control
    11. Braking/Anti-Lock Braking System
    12. Steering/Alignment
    13. Body/Chassis Integrity
    14. Transfer Case
    15. Cruise Control
    16. Windshield Wipers/Washers
    17. Speedometer/Odometer
    18. Tilt-Wheel/Telescoping
    19. Sound System
    20. Heater/Air Conditioning
    21. Horn

Functional:
    22. Key(s)/Key Fob/Remote Start
    23. Rear Defogger
    24. Luggage Compartment
    25. Convertible Top/Boot Cover
    26. Interior Lights
    27. Exterior Lights
    28. Doors/Door Locks
    29. Weather Stripping
    30. Seats/Child Safety Seats & Mountings
    31. Fuel Door/Trunk/Hood/Hatch Release
    32. Windows/Power/Swing-Out
    33. Alarm/Telephone
    34. Power Outlet(s)/Cigarette Lighter
    35. Parking Brake
    36. Sun/Moon Roof
    37. Options/Accessories
    38. ONSTAR

Under Hood:
    39. Visual
    40. Electrical System/Battery/Starter
    41. Engine Cooling/Radiator/Fan/Fan Clutch
    42. Power Steering System
    43. Brake System
    44. Ignition System
    45. Fuel System
    46. Vacuum System
    47. A/C Compressor/Drive Belt
    48. Belts/Serpentine

Under Vehicle:
    49. Visual
    50. Frame
    51. Exhaust System
    52. Brake Pads/Shoes
    53. Calipers/Rotors/Drums
    54. Brake Hydraulics
    55. Tires
    56. Wheels
    57. Shock Absorbers/Struts
    58. Springs/Sway Bars
    59. Control Arms
    60. Steering/Linkage
    61. Engine/Transmission/Transfer Case & Mounting
    62. Driveline/Driveshaft/Axles/Universal Joints
    63. Axles/Differentials
    64. Gear/Rack & Pinion
    65. Parking Brake Cable

Exterior:
    66. Under Hood
    67. Front Bumper
    68. Grille
    69. Hood
    70. Left Front Fender
    71. Left Front Door
    72. Left Rear Door
    73. Left Rear Fender
    74. Trunk Lid/Truck Bed/Bedliner
    75. Rear Bumper
    76. Right Rear Fender
    77. Right Rear Door
    78. Right Front Door
    79. Right Front Fender
    80. Roof
    81. Glass
    82. Wheels/Wheelcovers/Trim Rings/Center Caps

Interior:
    83. Instrument Panel
    84. Clock/Timer
    85. Driver/Passenger Seats/Head Rests
    86. Driver Door
    87. Front Passenger Door
    88. Front Carpet & Floor Mats
    89. Console/Compartment Lid - Front & Rear
    90. Rear Seat/Head Rests
    91. Left Rear Door/Quarter Trim
    92. Right Rear Door/Quarter Trim
    93. Rear Carpet & Mats
    94. Headliner/Overhead Console
    95. Luggage Compartment/Cargo Area
    96. Package Tray

Maintenance:
    97. Lube/Oil/Filter
    98. Inspect/Clean Air Filter
    99. Inspect/Change Other Items
    100. Inspect/Top-off Fluids
    101. Tire Pressure
    102. Emission/diagnostic Trouble Codes
    103. Fuel Level

Interior Detailing:
    104. Clean Instrument Panel, etc.
    105. Vacuum and Clean Carpets/Trunk/etc.
    106. Clean Glass Surfaces
    107. Clean Headliner/Seats/Interior Cloth Trim

Exerior Detailing:
    108. Clean Engine/Compartment
    109. Recondition/Touch-Up Minor Surface Scratches
    110. Remove Tar & Road Oil
    111. Wash/Wax
    112. Clean/Detail Wheels/Wheel Covers/Tires

24-Hour Roadside Assistance
    We'll help change a flat tire, fill a gas tank and help get you moving again. Around the clock and around the country, your GM Certified Used Vehicle comes with helping hands.

3-Day/150-Mile Satisfaction Guarantee
    Take a few days and a few miles to get comfortable with your new GM Certified Used Vehicle. If you're not sure, bring it back.

Market-Based Pricing
    Dealers price GM Certified Used Vehicles based on their determination of current market value. The price is posted clearly on the window sticker. No games. Just honest value for your money.

Comprehensive Limited Warranty
    A 3-month/3,000-mile limited warranty protects you beginning the minute you leave our lot. It's not just protection for your car, but for your peace of mind. See your dealer for details.

Built and Backed by GM
    GM Certified Used Vehicles are 2000 or newer, with less than 60,000 miles. They're available at select GM dealers. They're vehicles that met our tough standards when we first built them. Now they have to again, or they won't be Certified.

The GM family of vehicles also includes Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac, Saab Certified Pre-Owned, and Used Cars from Saturn.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,437
    Seriously?

GM certified only comes with a 3 month, 3000 mile warranty?

Yeeeessssh....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ruin92ruin92 Posts: 3
    Just wanted to make sure I'm prepared. The amount that I've been quoted is the same as in post #121. It sounds like there is really no room for negotiation from that price (which I think is a very fair price, I just want to make sure I am not missing anything). Is there anything else that I have to be aware of or watch for tonight when going over the paper work (fees that shouldn't be there, etc)? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    The only thing #121 did not state was the amount of the "doc fee". If you are in the same State and County (taxes) as #121, I certainly think the price is right!!!! Approx. $500.00 below invoice and then another $2000.00 off on incentives. Don't forget to take your title of a non-GM vehicle to get that Conquest rebate. Now if you are tradeing in a vehicle....that's another whole ball-game!!!!
  • franckofrancko Posts: 1
    We just sold our gas guzzling 2003 Acura MDX last night and paid half of what we got for a new 2005 Vibe which will get twice the MPG. Nice symmetry in those numbers!

2005 Vibe base model, auto, power package, side airbags and anti-lock brakes. Sticker was $20,660; we paid $16,500. As many have posted here, we like the look of the Vibe better and we couldn't get the Matrix with these options without buying other options we don't want. We got Moonstone which almost makes the cladding look monotone.

Pick it up tomorrow. Takin' the dog to the beach!
  • dawsoncdawsonc Posts: 9
    looking at a 2005 vibe. sticker price is $21,905.00
    http://www.pontiac.com/ws/nvlWindowSticker.pg?makeId=002&year=2005&modelId=85&postalCode=3- 0269&pvc=240&mmc=2SL26&VIN=5Y2SL638X5Z479227&GMS=junebug&isGMFF=true&isbp=true&originating- Brand=DIVISIONAL

They told me about the employee pricing (alas, forgot the amount).. when I pressed them with offers from other dealers, they offered $1000 rebate and $1000 because I own a chevy.

now I went, shopped around... did my research.
    info on it from the sites...
    Kelly blue book site:
    New Car Blue Book Value $19718 , Invoice $20327 , MSRP $20905
    (that is with only one $1000 rebate plugged in, other wasnt offered.. and the emplyee pricing selection seemd to make no adjustment..

from Edmunds site: TMV $19,134 Invoice $20,106, MSRP $21,655
    (that is without any rebates applied on the edmiunds site. QUESTION - do i take the TMV and then figure in the empoloyee pricing rebate and other rebates??

Okay... so on the pontiac site I clicked the link for employee pricing and got $18,779.05 ....I figured I now take my $2000 from the 2 rebates off, getting 16,779. I called them and my offer to them was 16,500 walking out the door, (they take a little more off and cover any taxes/fees) QUESTION - is that a good offer, did I lowballl to much? I would then apply my GM card points of $2156, trade in my car with a shot transmission ($500?) and put $800 down.

Okay so they call me back and say they are about 3 thousand away from my price. this raises a few questions I wanted to ask you guys.

1st - they said their employee pricing ended up with a price a thousand higher than the employee discount the pontiac site gave me. they said that was because the website was already taking into account the additional 1000 rebate.

Thats a red flag to me that there are 2 different emplyee pricing calculations.QUESTION - is what they are saying true?

Second, thye said that taxes would be calculated before the rebates are applied. Question - is this true? is it was for them to pocket more coin.. or just the laws of the land?

end result - they said walking out the door, before figurin in my trade and GM card, would be 19,000+.... is that a good deal? its close to what the edmunds/KBB sites suggested, but I dont know if their prices are before or after applicable rebates..

thanks for the read and the replies guys... trying to be smart on this purchase, and have to stay within a certain budget to make it work.

- Christopher
    The employee pricing includes the $1000.00 rebate...not the conquest incentive (as you have to show owners title to a NON GM vehicle to get that incentive.If you get that incentive, then you are at the rock bottom price of $17,779.05.
    They are NOT going to cover the tax,tags and doc fee!!!! Yes, most all States require the tax to be taken BEFORE the REBATES or INCENTIVES. If your State charges 6%...then you would pay tax on the $19,779.05 (that's the actual selling price before the rebates and incentive) and that would come to approx. another $$1,186.00 plus whatever the tag and title fee is.
    Your "out the door price" would be approx. $18,965 PLUS the tag and title fee. So that is very near the $19,000.00 they quoted you.
    You offered them $16,500.."OUT THE DOOR" There is NO WAY they will sell you that VIBE for that price unless the dealer intends to go out of business!!!!
    Now the one thing you didn't tell us is how many GM points you have, because you can subtract that from the total I gave you...but I would have to have the number of points (or dollars) you have coming?????????> and secondly....you didn't tell us how much thay are giving you for your Trade-in???That gets subtracted from the $19,779.05 aand then the tax is computed....so I can't give you the actual info you want...but from what I have told you, then perhaps you can do the math. Sounds to me as though...from the $19,000 dollar price that they gave you is fair as long as you can still subtract the trade-in and GM card points from that figure of approx. $19,000.00.
    I am very surprised they are offering you the $1000.00 Conquest incentive....as that is actually to be given for NON GM vehicles and you stated that you are trading in a Chevrolet????
    Hope this helps. Let's face it, the Employee Discount price, less another $2000.00 from that is a very good, fair price.
    By the way, I am not a dealer or salesman...jus an old retired copper. Where the dealer ususually tries to "GET YA" is to low ball the trade-in.
  • dawsoncdawsonc Posts: 9
    thank you for the quick response.
    I didnt mean to lowball them, I have just read on these forums of some people who get a car listed at 21000+ for 16000+

I was a little confused as I thought the cost would be invoice plus 3% for a good deal, but the employee pricing on some cars went below invoice. at any rate, thanks for the great informative reply.

to answer the questions (and request a recalculation)

I have 2156 GM Dollars.

the car I am going to trade in, I am not sure of the value for trade... it is a 2 door 1995 cavalier, it has a slight dent in the front (covered with the bra) some coffee stains on the interior, and a transmission that is shot (which is why I am car shopping)... I can still drive it.. but just barely.

I also own a jeep wrangler.. perhaps that is the vehicle they are going to use for the conquest option.
    As long as you can show ownership to a non-GM vehicle (in this case, yes, the Jeep), you will be eligible for the $1000.00 Conquest incentive.
    Take the $2,156.00 off of the approx. $19,000 quoted out the door price and also subtract ant trade-in monies that they allow you and you will get roughly the price. The taxes will be slightly less, because the trade-in is subtracted from the #18,779.05 and then the tax is computed. For example: if they allow you $500.00 trade for your Cavalier)( :( and that is a guess on my part) ....you would roughly end up "out the door" for about $16.344.00 .
    Also, remember, with some GMCards, you are only eligible for a $1000.00 credit. You can call the number on the back of your GM Card to find out what amount you are eligible......
    Hope this helps...and please post back after you make the deal and give us a complete rundown of the final figures...selling price , rebates, trade-in amount, taxes, atgs,title fees, etc.
    Good luck and hope you get many safe miles with your forthcoming Vibe!!!!!!
    If you email me (my email is listed) I can hook you up with a very good, very active Pontiac Vibe discussion website.
    purchase the Vibe? We are all awaiting some sort of answer????
  • I had to go to Idaho (from Portland, OR) to get the package and color I wanted:
    2005 Vibe, Base FWD, Moonstone, Automatic, Power Package, Moon & Tunes. List MSRP 20230, GM employee price: 16338 (with $1000 customer cash & $1000 conquest bonus).
    Price paid: $16119. (Dealer is "no haggle," but this price is $219 lower than GM employee price for total of $16119). (plus $149 doc fee plus title). They are also reimbursing me for my flight from Portland to Boise. Edmunds Rules of the Road says we can name the dealer, and I can recommend this one: Edmark in Nampa, ID.

Finally, here's a quote from an article on a different automotive site about the pricing structure of the GM Employee discount:
    "Under the program, GM pays dealers 5 percent of a vehicle's sticker price. That includes GM's traditional 3 percent holdback. By contrast, dealers previously were allowed a discount of 8 to 11 percent of a vehicle's sticker, including the holdback allowance. Then they negotiated with the customer to hold onto as much of that spread as possible."
    So it appears that with a $20000 Vibe, a dealer makes about $1000 (5%) charging the GM employee price (but they apparently have to wait a few months to get the "holdback" portion of that $1000).
    Congrats on the Vibe. You made out very well. As far as the dealer holdback portion of your statement: I believe the longer a new vehicle is on the dealers lot, the dealer has to pay interest every month or whenever to the insttitution that has his vehicles financed and that eats up a lot of that holdback. The longer a vehicle "sits" on his or her lot, the less of the holdback thay recieve.
    I might be wrong on that...but...I "think" that is correct!
    Anyway, thanks for informing us of your great deal and please continue to post in the "Pontiac Vibe" discussion and let us know how everything is working out.,
  • Okay, here was how my deal worked out:

2005 AWD Moonstone w/mono package, Moon & Tunes, Power Group & Aluminum Wheels.

MSRP w/Options & Delivery = $23,470.00
    GM Employee Discount (which includes $1,000 customer cash) = $20,258.08
    Minus Conquest Bonus = $1,000.00

Total w/incentives = $19,258.00

I was able to get an additional $500.00 on my trade too just by vising three different Pontiac dealers over the weekend, getting appraisals from all three, and then working each one until someone relented. Luckily, all three had the same Vibe w/options that I wanted...and thus, it wasn't too difficult to find someone to give me a little extra for a trade-in.

Out the door price (not including tax/licensing) = $18,758.00

Considering how quickly I was able to get this done (not including time spent on online research), I'm pretty happy with the whole experience.
  • I got my 2005 base vibe a month and half ago. With auto, moon & tone, power package, 16-in aluminum wheels and monotone package. The MSRP is around $20996, after the GM employee price and rebates. The final price is $16996 + $16 title fee + (2.5% tax in Albertville of Alabama) + $0 processing fee. The out of door price is around $17453. Only two weeks later, add a cargo net package for $50 and the higher center console armrest from Toyota on line parts for $75. The car is running great, the only regret is to have moon roof option.
    console armrest.....Will you please post the website that you ordered the center armrest from!!!! Either that or Email it to me...My email address is listed...just click onto my nortsr1...Thankyou.
    I can also reccomend a good Vibe discussion group if you email me.
  • OK - I am one of those wierd people who do not stress over price paid, get the invoice, etc. Every car I have bought was a case of going to the dealership, looking it over, taking it on a test drive, and buying it - usually in the same day. Fortunately, I've never had a dealer that has tried to "screw" me - as far as I can tell. So here's how the recent Vibe purchase went.

I started out looking on the Internet for what I wanted. I know I wanted the 5 speed, which was hard to find with ABS. I figured I could go without ABS if I had to, since my current car (2000 Ford Contour) didn't have it, and even though we get lots of snow and ice here (mid-Michigan), I've never had a problem.

The first dealer I found had two possibilities. So, I went to the dealer that night after work, test drove the Vibe, loved it, and bought it. Here's how the deal went down:

2005 Base Vibe - Salsa, Power Package, Alloy Wheels - MSRP was $19,455. I paid $16,445 after Employee Discount and $1000 rebate. Then, another $1000 came off for Conquest Rebate. They also gave me $2000 for my Ford, which amazed me since it had 110,000 miles on it, and isn't a terribly popular vehicle. Final price was $13,445 plus tax, title, etc. I also had about $1200 left on my Ford loan (gotta love negative equity), which was rolled in. I felt very good about it overall.

The dealership is wonderful - #1 in customer satisfaction in Michigan. I have been so impressed with the whole experience thus far, including the first trip to service for a free oil change. This is something I'm not used to, since the Ford dealership was TERRIBLE when it came to customer service. So far, I love my Vibe. I bought it end of June, and have a bit over 5,000 miles on it already. I've taken 3 long trips, plus my daily commute to work. I'm only 5'10, but I weigh about 350 pounds, so I'm a BIG guy. This car has the most room of any car I've owned - especially in the back seat. On some of the long trips, I've gone back there and let my brother drive because it's so roomy and comfortable in the back seat.

So, I probably could have done better price-wise if I tried to negotiate, but I wasn't interested in taking the time to do that. I'm happy with what I paid, and had a totally stress-free experience!
    get a great deal. It is VERY HARD to get much lower than the employee price and also $2000.00 more off of that price for rebates. Congrats...Enjoy your Vibe!!!
  • Just got vibe back from my dealer for fixing the moon roof problem. It took them 9 days and my three trips. I finally got chance to replace the armrest. It only took me 5 minutes to do so and the color matched exactly which is graphite

The armrest Parts #: 58905-02210-B1
    Description: DOOR SUB-ASSY, CONSO
    NET: $69.43
    Freight: $7.11
    Total: $76.54

Here is the web site: http://www.toyotapart.com/
    O.K. Thanks for the part number and info.....
  • my opinion is you could probably get approx 4000 off. plus whatever gm points your card limits.wherever i go in illinois this seems like a standard discount.i think all rebates come after taxes just like with other non automotive rebates.these opinions are for 2005 vibes.
  • Hey, I am new. I noticed my 05 I am getting has hard low rest. Is this one padded and is it worth the money.
    Also, are they all the same color plastic as cloth comes in light and dark...
    Light is slate and dark is graphite.

Please advise on advantages of buying this toyota part
  • Hi Tawney,
    To me it worth every penny I spend because I am 6’3’’. The old armrest is useless to me because it is too low. If I rest my arm on it for long period of time, sometime it hurts my shoulder.

It's not padded. It is same hard plastic as old one but give me an extra little compartment which is between the cover and center storage. That is why it is higher and wider than the old one. People usually put insurance information in that compartment. The armrest I bought is as same as 2005 Toyota matrix (That is why you can buy it from Toyota parts center). It is also similar with 2003 and 2004 Vibe armrest. Unfortunately, Pontiac decide to redesign the armrest in 2005 to save some money (That’s why you cannot buy the parts from Pontiac parts center)

My car interior color is graphite and parts number I post early on is also graphite which matches exactly with the interior color of my car. I do not know if they have other colors other than graphite.
  • Thanks for the information

Not sure why they spent time and money to make the armrest lower! Just a little padding would have been nice. I may just go see one for myself to be sure.

I bought the last 05 5 speed in a 5 state area. $4400 off with all employee nonsense and rebates and GM card money ($300). The dealer refused to give me the $500 military discount as the VIBE was excluded from that.

Anyhow, seems like a decent ride.

Tawney (my wife and myself have edmunds accounts so different user names)
    a 2005 or 2006 Vibe lately? I know trthe 2005 stock is pretty well sold out and there are no incentives on the 2006's. Anybody????
  • Hi .. I am taking the plundge and trading in my 04 Acura TL for a Vibe Front wheel drive. The vibe just seems so much more practical -- I have a dog who is with me most of the time ... and the TL only takes premium gass.

Here is the deal: What do you think?

2005 - Vibe Base with 3K miles (dealer trade in -)
    6-CD changer
    OnStar
    price --- $15,000

(I know the dealer pretty well) ---- is it better to just get a new one with all the incentives?

Also -- has anyone tried the Pioneer GPS- DVD in dash system in their vibe?
    In order to tell you if you are getting a good deal or not...You have to provide complete info as to your vehicle.
    Moon and tunes??? Monotone package??? Power package???? any other options... and then go to the Edmunds new car section...price out exactly what you are buying...and...that way you will see the MSRP and Invoice prices and then you will have to also go to the GM site and see what the employee price would have been when the first owner puchased it ( or easier way) if the dealer sold the car originally...ask him to show you the original sale and compare same to your potential sale.....Just from looking at what info you gave, the 6CD changer and OnStar are worth extra bucks. If you don"t need OnStar, then you are paying for something not needed, although I believe you do not have to subscribe to it.
    The power pack and monotone pack are also worth more and most units have come thru that way????
    Has anyone that has purchased the 2006 Vibe know if you are able to use the $1000.00 Conquest incentive towards same? Also, have you gotten any discounts at all???
    I just checked the GM Regional incentive site (Southeast) and they have a $500.00 rebate or 1.9% financing and yet there is no incentives for the 2005's?????
  • firebxfirebx Posts: 4
    As of today they conquest rebate is not applicable on the 06 model vibes. I would think that they will soon have to put some incentives out there if they want to sell any.
This discussion has been closed.