Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bob175bob175 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply, but your reply was to someone else, not me., as I was not talking about price. Just looking for anyones thoughts between the 2008 Honda Civic and the 2008 Vibe. Trying to make a final decision. Thanks, bob175
  • My message about price paid should have indicated that I was replying to you (msg 247), not to bob175 (msg 248) as it indicates. I must must have been tired and cross-eyed when I clicked the reply on the message below yours.
  • ytijytij Posts: 2
    You did the math right. It was $1000 for the trade, $2000 in rebates and another $1000 discount (plus the $3500 GM card rebate). I was told I couldn't get abs after the fact. I searched the Pontiac website for 2007's and almost all of them seemed to be either an odd combination of options or not many options. When I found one with so much of what I was looking for (the color was a bonus), I decided to buy it even though it meant driving an hour and a half to a neighboring state.

Funny you should mention that about maybe squeezing out another $500. My friend was kicking himself for not sticking to his original $16500 offer, but I could see the manager started to resist going below $17000. I didn't want to risk walking out and having them let us go. Basically I'm really pleased with the deal and enjoying my new Vibe:)!
  • Just married and bought my wife a 'new' car. Replaced her 99' Pontiac Sunfire with an '06 Pontiac Vibe (base) with 28k miles. Red, monotone pkg. Paint has been mistreated a bit. Price was $13.6k + tax, title, lic = $14950 out the door. I barely kept to my guns to resist the extra warranty. Only wish it had an ipod input on the stereo and the ride is kinda rough... I wonder if tires would make much difference in that. Her Sunfire had more comfortable seats. But the stereo sounds great playing Josh Groben's Christmas album.

Merry Christmas all!
  • I just bought a brand new Platinum 2008 Vibe on 12/28/07 from Auffenberg of Carbondale and I'm quite pleased with the deal and the overall experience. MSRP on the sticker was $20,835. I bought the car for about $16,550 plus tax and fees. My out-the-door total price was an easily negotiated $17,750. I feel as if I did quite well and so far I really like the Vibe.

Happy New Year

• mszekemszeke Posts: 9
    I have until 01/31/08 to use my GM card 3k TopOff $'s combined with my $1,000 GM loyalty ($4,000 total). What should I pay for a new '07 Vibe base (manual trans. no options)?
  • akatoakato Posts: 3
    After checking the usual sites; Edmund"s, Kellybb, NADA, then Carsdirect, Costco or Sam's club buying service, my only advice would be to aim LOW, considering you want last year's model and dealers are bulging with inventory.
  • bzribeebzribee Posts: 27
    I paid just under $16,000 in August for the exact car you're looking at. I was in a rush but felt the price was okay for my time frame. You should be able to get below this now, but I'm not sure how bulging the inventories are for manuals. San Diego.
  • mszekemszeke Posts: 9
    Thank you, starting @ $12,999 and working up!
  • iowa27iowa27 Posts: 1
    I'm new to this forum but would like some input, (I know I may not be happy with the answer) as to a decent price for this Vibe.

It's basically loaded with:
    ABS
    Cargo cover
    Sunroof
    Automatic trans.
    Sun and Sound package (PCJ)
    Preferred package (PCM)
    17" aluminum wheels
    am/fm stereo, mp3 with 6 disc changer (UC6)

I've been offered a price of $19600 with a few minor "extras" thrown in.

Is this a great/good or bad deal?

Thanks
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    An average price for a $19800 msrp vibe is about $15800. This car will wholesale used for about 12500 in a year. An average price on the vehicle you describe would probably be in the low 17's.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm new to this forum but would like some input, (I know I may not be happy with the answer) as to a decent price for this Vibe.

It's basically loaded with:
    ABS
    Cargo cover
    Sunroof
    Automatic trans.
    Sun and Sound package (PCJ)
    Preferred package (PCM)
    17" aluminum wheels
    am/fm stereo, mp3 with 6 disc changer (UC6)

I've been offered a price of $19600 with a few minor "extras" thrown in.

Is this a great/good or bad deal?

Thanks
  • WOW! I'm in the middle of negotiating for a 2008 Vibe. MSPR is $20,410. They offered $18,300, which I thought was decent, but after reading this post of a sale back in December for $16,550, I'm not so certain!!!

The 2008 Vibe I was made the offer included: Preferred Pkg, Monotone Pkg, Automatic, ABS and 16" Aluminum wheels.

If any others can respond, please do.
    Why would you have been certain? If you look up the value of your vehicle used 07 with average miles in outstanding condition, it barely wholesales above $13000 according to kbb.com and the other books. The Toyota matrix (on which it is) is similar. Eating $5000 on a vehicle like this 1st year is uncool (from 18300 purchase price) expecially since 09 models are out now. You want 4000-4200+ off this vehicle, especially with industry sales as they are. Get bids from 10 toyota dealers too via email (toy website) on 08 matrixes to see what they can do too. Also get bids from at least 6-8 pontiac dealers too, and see what you can work last 5 days of the month.

Good luck
    --jjf

WOW! I'm in the middle of negotiating for a 2008 Vibe. MSPR is $20,410. They offered $18,300, which I thought was decent, but after reading this post of a sale back in December for $16,550, I'm not so certain!!!

The 2008 Vibe I was made the offer included: Preferred Pkg, Monotone Pkg, Automatic, ABS and 16" Aluminum wheels.

If any others can respond, please do.
  • sullidjsullidj Posts: 3
    This is a 1.8 with manual, air and preferred package(cruise, pw, pl remote entry). MSRP $17790, $890 discount. and $1,000 GM card rebate. I purchased this off the internet and had to drive 75 miles to pick up car. Am really impressed with ride and quality of car. After leaving the dealership I topped off my full tank of gas, and drove the 75 miles home never exceeding 50 and averaged 44 mpg. Now with over 600 miles of driving (half city) my total mpg is over 36.
  • I am looking at a 2009 Vibe- 1.8, auto, preferred package. AC. The price taxs license on the road is 18900.00. Do you think this is a decent deal? This will be my second Vibe and I liked the first one. I also got a quote on 2009 Matrix on the road 19300.00.
  • zzsignupzzsignup Posts: 6
    How did you get the $890 discount? Or you mean discount from the retail sticker price? Thanks.
  • sullidjsullidj Posts: 3
    Discount was off MSRP. MSRP was $17790, discount $890, GM Card rebate was $1000.
  • How could you have possibly cashed in $3,000 on an old GM card? The limit on a Vibe is $1000.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    I believe you will find that the "old card" has no restrictions as to the amount being able to be used.
  • gary_ggary_g Posts: 13
    I decided to buy a 1.8L, FWD, 2008 Vibe a few weeks ago and just closed the deal yesterday, 4/28. I live in Baltimore, MD.

I went on Edmunds.com and was contacted by a dealer who really wanted the business. At my request, he provided me a list of cars in a 200 mile radius that met my criteria of manual transmission and minimum bells & whistles. There were several colors that I did not like because of the 2-tone look with the dark grey plastic body molding that wraps around the bumpers and wheel wells. There weren't many cars with a "B57 Premium Monotone Package" either, so Moonstone (charcoal grey) looked best with the grey plastic body molding.

The car has no PCM Preferred Package, which is fine with me, but it does have JM4 Antilock Brakes.

MSRP was $17,920. The original offer from the dealer was $15,612 plus taxes, tags, and $100 processing fee. Final deal was $14,612 plus taxes, tags, and $100 fee. He found another $1000 from a "conquest rebate" which I needed a '99 or newer vehicle in the household to qualify for.

This will be my first GM product. I bought it because it is a Matrix twin and I like hatchbacks.

I think that buying with only 3 days left in the month helped my pricing.

I pick up the vehicle, 4/30, the last day of the month of April.

I think I did very well.
  • ssampierssampier Posts: 3
    I test drove a 2009 Pontiac Vibe with 2.4L 1sb engine, 5 speed auto, with preferred package and sun and sound package (along with air and 17" aluminum chrome clad wheels). The dealer experience was great; a lot better than the Mazda dealer. Sheeze, you think I was trying to steal their baby or something.

The dealer offered a little less than $300 over invoice for it. I decided to fax bid the process as suggested by Motley Fool and Edmunds articles. I declined the Edmunds service since it listed only one dealership. I didn't see an option to expand the search :confuse:
  • vesterosvesteros Posts: 1
    Senior (70 years old) in need of all the help I can get.
    I was offered the following 2 new cars with 1.8 engines.

Car 1
    08 vibe msrp $16810.00, inv $15885
    AYO airbag package $745 inv $655
    B57 premium monotone package $350 inv $308
    MXO auto 4 speed $850 inv $748
    PCM preferred package $850 inv $748
    QD2 16 inch aluminum wheels $440 inv $387

Total model and options $20045 inv $18732
    Destination charge $585
    Lam dealer cont $200
    Lam group cont $200

They want $19818
    Fees $264
    Tax $1639
    Gross price -----------$21721
    Rebate---------------- $2000

Out the door $19721

Car 2
    08 vibe price $18488
    Fees $274
    Tax $1529

Gross price $20265
    Rebate $2000

Out the door --------------------------------------$18000

Car is basic with auto Tran, regular wheels and preferred package.
    All advice welcome

Thanks
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 1,013
    Those aren't "new" cars; they are 1 year old now. Seems like your salesperson is acting like they are '09s. Should be a discount for that. See post #270 on this discussion. It sounds more like Matrix pricing. What part of the country are you in?

On the other hand, small cars are in demand right now and it can be hard to find Vibes even used.
  • gary_ggary_g Posts: 13
    I was able to get $3500 off of sticker price for my '08 Vibe (plus tax and tags).
    These 08 vibes were cleared out the last few months for 4000-4500 or more off msrp. The first deal seems like about a 2500 off deal, the second (if 18488 is msrp with dest) about a 2000 off deal. Pass.

The new pontiac 09 vibes are plentiful, have abs standard and a few other minor things standard, and are about 1000 less in msrp all considered. (they reduced the msrp $600 I believe) . You may be able to walk in and get almost an 800 or 1000 off msrp deal (200 over invoice) and come close to equalling the deal you have with the 08's on a 09 with no problem. Better yet an 09 is a really new car, A 1400 off msrp deal on an 09 would almost exactly equal the deal you have on the 08. (actually much better as the 08 is worth close to 3000 less as it is almost a year old.)

You seem internet literate. If you feel froggy Put out a request for bids from 5-15 dealers from the pontiac website (pontiac.com) within 30-50 miles of your home with your specs colors etc. last week of the month. Perhaps try toyota as their dealers are more numerous and it is the same vehicle. Work with the top 3 or so over the phone. Don't wear yourself out in the heat. Shoot for 1000-2000+ off msrp. See what happens.

If you don't feel like it an 800-1000 off msrp deal on an 09 vibe 1.8 beats what you have on the 08s .

Good luck
    --jjf

Senior (70 years old) in need of all the help I can get.
    I was offered the following 2 new cars with 1.8 engines.

Car 1
    08 vibe msrp $16810.00, inv $15885
    AYO airbag package $745 inv $655
    B57 premium monotone package $350 inv $308
    MXO auto 4 speed $850 inv $748
    PCM preferred package $850 inv $748
    QD2 16 inch aluminum wheels $440 inv $387

Total model and options $20045 inv $18732
    Destination charge $585
    Lam dealer cont $200
    Lam group cont $200

They want $19818
    Fees $264
    Tax $1639
    Gross price -----------$21721
    Rebate---------------- $2000

Out the door $19721

Car 2
    08 vibe price $18488
    Fees $274
    Tax $1529

Gross price $20265
    Rebate $2000

Out the door --------------------------------------$18000

Car is basic with auto Tran, regular wheels and preferred package.
    All advice welcome

Thanks
  • ssampierssampier Posts: 3
    I just purchased and took delivery of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I think I got a good deal. Optional features include preferred package, sun and sound package, automatic transmission with tap control, air conditioning, and 17 wheels with chrome. Price was $20,173 (before taxes, title, and document fee). They messed up and gave me a $500 rebate I wasn't eligible for, so they gave it to me anyway.

As mentioned the buying experience from test drive to financing was super. I am quite happy with it. My first brand new car. :shades:

My only gripe is the dark cloth can get quite hot (high 80's here in Utah). I was thinking of getting lighter colored aftermarket seat covers. Any others suggestions?
  • tyac77tyac77 Posts: 2
    how much off of the MSRP list did you get? thanks
  • trashfishtrashfish Posts: 3
    :mad: I have been searching for a Vibe (with all the bells and whistles) for MONTHS...now intensely, the past 2 weeks. (need it fast!)
    Almost EVERY used one( 2005-07) I have found within 75 miles (of savannah Ga) has either been from a rental-lease program (Popular with rental companies?!) or had been "injured" (unspecified).
    ANd not one was under 15,000!!! (oops... I found a 2006 for 14,999 with 25,000 miles...turned out it had been in a wreck...and the dealer would not budge below 14,500!!!! A 2006!!!
    SO..I decided I could get a brand new one for maybe 3000 bucks more ...why buy someone else's problem?

HA! EVERY Vibe (2008) within a 100 miles is GONE as soon as I or one of the local Dealers locates it. Found one (A Dealer found it) in N.C. for 21,500 loaded, Sun & Moons,6-CD, On Star, Pref Pkg, ABS, White, etc...so with $2000 rebate, including tax, all the paper BS, destination fee, etc, the "out the door" is 20,445 or so! Holy Moly!!!

(SUV prices! )
    ANYWAY...decided to jump on that one, emailed the dealer to try to get it for me...no response back. Am almost certain he can not get it now...been 3 days while I decided. I took too long!
    One dealer found one on a dealer's lot in North Ga...tried to get it (trade one of his) for me...the dealer refused to trade it to him.

What is going on? A shortage of '08's?
    I do NOT like the 09's...only good thing about them is the standard features that were options on the 08's...
    DURN!!!....they discontinued that great independant hatch window! Great useful feature. Wonder why?
    And 09's have bigger piller blind spots now.

So.am up a creek.....I now need this car THIS week ...am about to give up on a Vibe.. A local dealer does have a loaner 2008 on his lot (3000 miles on it) white (color I want) power and auto, but no sunroof or ABS...18,000 out the door.(After 2000 rebate)!!

SHEESH!!!! EVEN EBAY is short on these!

HELP!!!

Also...question...can the Vibe pull a small boat????? I have to relinquish my truck Friday (someone hit it and totalled it!) and was hoping the Vibe could do it all...cargo and occasionally the little boat. (Under 1000 pounds).????????

Otherwise I may have to consider a CR-V or Highlander....sigh.
    Thanks!!!
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Trashfish: Why not check out the Toyota Matrix...It seems there are plenty of them available and that and the Vibe are "Twins"...same motor, etc. Go to Fitzmall.com and check out the prices and then make a deal locally!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.