Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet C6 Corvette

Comments

• The Next C6 Z06 will have 500 HP.

Then a "Blue Devil" edition with 600Hpo from a bored and stroked 7.0L will come out with 600HP and sell for $100k.

A Ford GT fighter that will weigh 2900 lbs.
    2007 model.

DrFill
  • Hope your right about the price of the base C6 being about that of the current C5,want to buy a C6 convertible in 2006.
  • printzprintz Posts: 70
    I read somewhere that 1 of the big shots at GM said the pricing is going to be similar to that of the C5....We'll have all the info. we need when it's unveiled at the Detroit auto show in early Jan.....I'm buying summer of 05(prob. just a coupe)....They'll be out for a year at that point & hopefully any kinks will be worked out.....
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    ...the first REAL PICTURE, COMPLETE WITH HEADLIGHTS!!

http://69.39.84.240/photopost/data/655/1140c6real4.jpg

Outstanding.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    The front is too derivative, looks like an NSX or Ferrari by the lights. Other than that it looks pretty good. Any interior shots?

M
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Looks a little like the callaway Corvette front end.
  • It all looks perfect...ahem, except for the dark interior. Otherwise, WOWOWOW!
    Is that the dealer that always advertises with the guy who never blinks, Ernie Boch? They say they are trying to become the second largest Toyota dealer in the world, so it wouldn't surprise me that they cheat their way there.

Anyway, I just realized my previous post didn't work for some reason. Here is a new pic of the C6 that will be in the Feb. Motor Trend:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_25/car_portal_pi- c_12946.jpg
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    If you look at that picture closely you will note that the car is parked on an uneven surface.
    The rt front wheel is compressed into the wheelwell. Making the front end look like it is down and there is rake to the car.
    The right rear wheel has less weight on it so that the backend appears higher.
    The NAIAS debuts are as follows:

<b>Chevrolet Corvette 01.01.2004 at 06:00</b>
    Cadillac CTS-V 01.01.2004 at 06:00
    Land Rover Rage Stormer 03.01.2004 at 00:01
    Pontiac Solstice 04.01.2004 at 06:00
    Chevrolet Nomad 04.01.2004 at 06:00
    Saturn Curve 04.01.2004 at 06:00
    Toyota Highlander 04.01.2004 -
    Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept-E 05.01.2004 at 06:00
    Pontiac G6 05.01.2004 at 06:00
    Nissan Pathfinder 05.01.2004 at 17:00
    Nissan Frontier Pickup 05.01.2004 at 17:00
    Toyota Scion TC 05.01.2004 -
    Lexus GS 06.01.2004 -
    Lexus RX 330 Hybrid 06.01.2004 -
  • wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
    Thanks everyone!
    I saw the pictures wherever it was, including my first shot, stopping the flash at chevrolet.com
    Then I came towards here to see the official Corvette photos.

INTERIOR
    Love it. Everything about it. It is great, and I think GM has been improving. Though I'm still not sure, I know that this is it. I love the car, and how it looks. These photos are great!

EXTERIOR
    The exterior makes the Corvette look like a Ferrari. I love it, everything about it. Any engine information though? Can't wait till it comes out!
  • The new Chevrolet ads that appeared just after midnight on the networks on New Year's Day. The new Corvette was front and center in all its raging glory. The cat is definitely out of the bag.

Chevy's web site has the ad in Quicktime.
    I saw the commercial(American Revolution), the vette looked good....The last truck they showed looked pretty wild also....I'm looking forward to Sunday the 4th, when we'll get all the details on the car....
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    As always, Corvette has a winner here. New interior is a nice upgrade from the 04. American Revolution ads last night made me drool.

;-)
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    I, too, saw the commercials and the new Corvette looked perfect!! And I didn't know an Aveo could do that ;)
  • starrow68starrow68 Posts: 1,142
    http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/index.shtml

Another link with specs and descriptions. Especially like the 400/400 and the better gearing for the next Z51.
    Love the new blue illumination lights on the interior.
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 265
    Wow, just saw the new ad on TV and the car looked great. I've been getting interested in one as part of my own 50th anniversary this year; guess its part of my yearning for youth. Never thought I'd be leaning towards one as I little toleration for poor reliability and service. Have been a dedicated Lexus and Acura owner for many years now but can't wait for more information to show up now that I've seen it.
    But stay away from local dealers unless you want to pay top dollar. The internet and especially Corvette specific forums have many who are now taking orders for MSRP delivery. I might gag if I went down to the locals and asked about what they would want for the first few they will get with their small allocations.
    Thanks for all the links, great info....The C6 will now come standard with a stick, auto transmission will be an option...
    NOW, ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS THE PRICING!!!....As long as it's in the same ball park as the C5 I'm buying, just going to wait a little while, let the hype settle down........
  • avolvofanavolvofan Posts: 358
    After spending a good part of the first 6 hours of the new year taking in all that is officially available about the C6, I am left with a sense of evolutionary improvement. Much has been done to keep the Corvette competitive with other sports cars. However, I have yet to see a compelling reason to trade my 2003 Coupe - which is a good thing, because in December 2002 when I placed the order, I knew the C6 was right around the corner.

There are plenty of reasons to buy a Corvette if you haven't yet. That said, I am still glad that I bought my 2003 Coupe. Much of what was really great about the later-stage C5 (like Magnetic Selective Ride Control) has migrated to the C6, while some enhancements (such as the improved braking) of the C6 can be addressed with after-market solutions for the C5. As I said at the beginning of this post, evolutionary improvement.
    Now that we have all this info. on the C6(except pricing, but have read it will be similar to the C5), with all the C5's in showrooms & inbound, won't potential customers want to wait for a C6?(more power, better overall design, technological improvements)....I know for a fact that you can get a C5 at dealer invoice(that's almost $7000 off sticker for a coupe)....When will production cease for the C5???.....
    The C6 is not going to get me out of my 2002 Coupe either. It is just too much fun and at 350 hp it's got more than I know how to handle properly. Maybe in a couple years I'll get tired of the '95 coupe for the daily driver and look forward to driving the '02 daily. No long commute or frequent stop and go which would make the 6sp less than optimum, it's just fun and miles of smiles. But, I'm very glad to see they continue to push to bar higher on all fronts and maybe it will pull a few out of foreign rides and note that a Corvette can be a special ride for more than just power.
       Come to think of it, I am the leading edge of the Baby Boom and with 17 years of bulk behind me I'm betting there are more than a few who will try one of these and like me, even though they never saw a Vette in their future, decide it's time to enjoy what they worked for all those years. Rather than run around on 4 wheels and brakes.
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 265
    I have to agree with you, never thought I'd seriously consider a Vette until now. Actually I just built a custom home and my builder has a new Vette and races vintage autos and has gotten me interested in 2-seaters. He's got both the Vette and a S2000 for his spouse and enjoys them enormously. Maybe I'll have to take serious look at an '04 and deal a little to get my feet wet.
    I never really saw the Vette in my future but I did however have an interest in learning how to drive with more skill. The driving school was always something to do in the future. ;)

Then I got the Vette since I fit compared to many others I looked at. Now I've been to two performance driving schools and I've take my car to Sears Point twice. On Saturday I'll be spending the day at Laguna Seca.
    They are pounding the big ad tonight. I have seen it 5 times. Wow.
This discussion has been closed.