Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew: Official SOA Presence (aka Patti)

bluesubiebluesubie Posts: 3,497
edited March 21 in Subaru
Subaru Crew: Official SOA Presence (aka Patti)

Comments

• kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,267
    I for one really appreciate such an attention from SOA. I'm sure most of us Subaru fans do.
  • nygregnygreg Posts: 1,936
    Thank you!
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    Patti -- you've got your own topic now! Congratulations!

BTW, all the terms and conditions you stated make perfect sense.

Ken
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,732
    Patti is now a thread unto herself - a famous board owner! Congratulations!!!

We hereby agree to the T's & C's.

Steve
  • locke2clocke2c Posts: 5,038
    and you'll see 'em every time you read here. :)

congrats, Patti.

-Colin
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    (ala sports stadium chant)
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,674
    So it sounds as if SOA is behind this, which is great.

Question: How does this forum relate to other Subie forums here at Edmunds? Do we now post suggestion for future products here? Or do we continue to use the existing forum? What was the motivation for starting this separate forum?

Bob
  • subaru_teamsubaru_team Posts: 1,676
    The purpose in this post was to clarify what I'm doing here. In the past, when there was a customer concern outlined, I would explain why I wasn't sharing "the other side" or what the case file said, so I asked that they put this here so it will eliminate future confusion.

You all are wonderful and I love it here. Thanks for all of the "love"!

Patti
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    Wow! Patti gets her own office...
     virtual office with windows to the world :-)

A very promising step taken by SoA.
    Thank You Patti... Thank You SoA

-Dave
    an official disclaimer, if you will... That makes sense.

I'm still somewhat confused as to why and when to post here, however. Don't get me wrong Patti, I love to chat with you, but why would I post here, rather than in on of the established forums?

I can certainly see posting a 'red flag' type of alert. For example: If there is a discussion going on (elsewhere) that Patti should be aware of, then posting a 'FYI' makes a whole lot of sense. In fact, for that reason alone, this forum would be worth it.

Bob
    Keep posting at the regular places. It's just a way to not have to "type" how cases/situations are responded to when new folks join us. I hope this helps!

Patti
  • armac13armac13 Posts: 1,129
    This is great. It is an idea who's time has come at last. SoA has shown wisdom.

Ross
  • ffsteveffsteve Posts: 243
    I feel better when Patti is around.
    Steve
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Hey Patti now that it's Official, do you think this might be news worthy? I don't know of ANY other manufacturer that has direct contact with their user community.

-mike
    I'm not sure other's would care about what we're doing. Plus, what if it's a bust? Oh the shame!! (j/k)
    On the flip side, now that there's an "official" Subaru presence, Edmunds can go to other manufacturers and encourage them to follow suit. It should be a win-win situation all around. The manufacturer gets a forum to address rumors, customer complaints, as well as getting product feedback; the owner of course benefits from these same things; and Edmunds wins big time as it solidifies it's reputation as the premier go-to auto-related web site!

-Frank P.
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    News worthy?... I say it is.
    What if it's a bust? Unlikely it'll be, but hey, that's why PR uses the term "Pilot Program" ;-)

-Dave
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,464
    Do you realize what you're getting yourself into? You're just getting in deeper and deeper. You left once but you were sucked back in. There's no escape now. :-)

DaveM
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I dunno, a subaru ad campaign something like...

# of companies with AWD std on all their cars: 1
    # of companies with something else unique to subaru: 1
    # of companies with Reps who are available on the internet: 1

"Subaru we are out there with you in the real world working to find out what YOU want in our cars"

-mike
    "Subaru we are out there with you in the real world working to find out what YOU want in our cars"

Which in Mike's case is anything... as long as it's big, boxy and has an 8-cylinder with lots of torque! :-)

-Frank P.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    IMO the part about respect for privacy is important, and you're walking that tight rope between helping owners while still keeping matters confidential.

We all appreciate your presence here, and how well you balance the two. Indeed, setting the standard for other manufacturers to follow.

To them I say: dream on! HA HA! :o)

-juice
    Is this worthy of an article in DRIVE magazine? Pattie, what do you think?

Bob
  • Im press ive! Will your vast powers extend into the Great White North, Patti, or are we stuck with the contact-less Subaru Canada website?

We might get moonroofs on our manual XTs, but y'all have Patti on your team. No contest. USA wins again!
    There used to be a guy from SOC here at Edmunds. He was never as active as Patti, however. Whatever happened to him?

Bob
  • armac13armac13 Posts: 1,129
    I believe you are referring to Greg Edwards (at least I believe that was the name). We communicated a couple of times via email and he was helpful on a minor matter. I have no idea what happened to him though.

Ross
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    So, if Patti will be reading through the other topics, what should be posted here? Any correspondence that is specifically for Patti?

Ken
    Anything that you want Pattie to be aware of specifically, even if it's posted somewhere else.

Bob
This discussion has been closed.