Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Subaru Legacy

1235»

Comments

• "Zoomer headroom in the 04 I tried was definitely not enough is that what your friend that bought the Maxima tried?? I am hoping the 05 has more and headroom and better lowering seats then the 04. From what I have read in this discussion headroom is better in the 05.

as far as M/T got to have it. you can't buy a quick car and then give it a disadvantage!"

I believe it was a 2003. Got one with very low mileage.

If you must have M/T AND AWD with headroom and it has to be less than $30 your choices are limited. Go up in price a little bit and you can try the Jaguar X type 2.5--maybe a Murano if you want a lot of room but that is not a Sedan. Volvo S60 maybe with autostick...
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,406
    Passat offers AWD with plenty of headroom in their wagon. They are about $26k. The 1.8t engine is 180 hp and available with a manual tranny and AWD.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    can you even find a bare-bones GLS 4motion wagon (which stickers at $26.6k)? I think most dealers would have 'em loaded up, easily taking the price to $28k or more.

-Brian
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,406
    Go to fitzmall.com they have 4-mo Passats for $27,200 with the tip. About a grand less for the manual.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    www.need-desire.com has the engine specs.

-juice
  • stevesteve Posts: 10
    Juice,
    Yes, I've been there, and it doesn't talk about the 3.0L six, only the normally aspirated 2.5L and the boosted 2.5L. I'd like to find out if the 3.0L will be an option.

Steve
    I think on the Outback only.

Which is strange, considering they sell an H6 Legacy in Japan. I think it's exported from here, too.

-juice
  • stevesteve Posts: 10
    Juice,
    Hmmmm..Wait till I email C/D and tell them they were WRONG!! The article lists all three engines in two separate instances. My hopes were high that I'd have a choice between boost and displacement. The dealer just smiles when I ask them.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Just got the 2004 Consumer Reports April Auto Issue in the mail. Rest assured, the Forester is still on top in their ratings. Check out the feature on pgs 8 and 9 regarding the organizations "Top Picks".

~alpha
    #1 overall rated, #1 in safety assessment, plus it made the Most Satisfying list. Also a used car "Best Bet" for reliability.

It's hard to find another vehicle in ANY category that has such a well rounded score.

-juice
1235»
This discussion has been closed.