Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Silverado/Sierra Refresh

theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
The twins are going to get a pretty signicant mechanicals, interior, and a slight exterior change for MY 2005 to fend off the likes of the Titan, new F-150, and the Ram. They will be riding on the same GMT-800 platform.

More info is out about the truly new trucks on the all-new GMT-900 platform. First up on the new platform will be the SUVs (Tahoe, Yukon, etc.) for MY 2007. The all-new pickups come MY 2008. The GMC will probably look more like the edgy Teradyne concept and the Chevy will probably look more like the softer Cheyenne concept. These vehicles are still in design right now and the math data should be frozen in the next few months.

The new GMT 900s will be bleeding edge state of the art. They will have second generation quadrasteer, optional fully hybrid powertrains, DoD, almuminum Gen IV V8s, 6-speed automatics, a premium 500+ hp 48V DOHC V12 in the new Escalade and a new heavy duty 450 hp 7.0L V10 and HD 6-speed manual. Hopefully that's enough to chew on for now. ;)

Comments

• wsag26wsag26 Member Posts: 124
    Hopefully, that will happen. But, that isn't like GM. They just refreshed the Silverado. Don't they wait about 6 yrs. to redesign popular cars?

I don't know about a refresh. Maybe a technology, or engine refresh but definitely not a styling refresh.

I guess that is another thing to research.
  • theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    For 2003, all they did was put the Avalanche front on the car and offered Qudrasteer. For 05 the mechanicals and interior will be changed fairly significantly. This is only a stopgap until the all new 08s arrive.
This discussion has been closed.