Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Toyota 4Runner

terrafirmaterrafirma Posts: 212
edited March 20 in Toyota

Comments

• alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I like your efforts, but I actually dont have a problem with the current 4Runner front end styling. My only reservation with this generation was the hideous grey cladding of earlier models, but most sold now seem not to suffer from that. My hope for 05 is that prices dont increase but that side curtains become standard.

~alpha
  • floeva09floeva09 Posts: 20
    My wish list for the 2005 4Runner is more leg and more head room in this vehicle. If you are a big guy it is hard to be comfortable in this vehicle. I am waiting around to see what the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder brings to the table for the midsize SUV market in terms of leg room and head room. With the exception of these two issues I believe this SUV ($4Runner$)is a nice vehicle to own. Just my two cents.
  • tbcreativetbcreative Posts: 357
    I'm not sure how this front end looks any more "squashed" than the actual front end, since I placed the new Tacoma front end exactly over the 4Runner's. It's the same dimensions, so maybe it's just the angle of the photo, or some visual cues that are making it appear "squashed."

Here's the actual 4Runner for a same page comparison:

Looking at all three of these in a row, maybe what the 4Runner needs is a slight lift and bigger tires to make it look more tough. Anyone have any pics, or know of any sites that have current design 4Runners that have been modified?
  • toyboxxtoyboxx Posts: 150
    The Prado IS in the states....it's the Lexus GX470 and to answer your other question Yotatech.com and tr4.org
    If you read my post above, I mentioned the GX...I'm saying that I like the Prado a bit better.

I knew about those sites, and found a great rig that has me more excited about the 4Runner again:

• sacstate1sacstate1 Posts: 189
    That's Billy's rig with about 6 feet of suspension lift and 315 tires. I don't think you will find that example at your friendly 'don't sue me because its too high' Toyota dealer.
    I know, he did such a great job with his rig, that it's really got me excited about another option for me when I'm ready to trade my truck in. The only thing that sucks is having to put more $ into lifting it and putting on nice meats. But I'm planning on doing that to any one of my favored options in the running, except the H3, which will only require custom rims. I expect that I'll want to lift the '05 Grand Cherokee or '05 Pathfinder, but probably not the next gen. Xterra or H3. There are so many great SUVs coming out during the next model year, I'm just not sure what I'll wind up doing...
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Could I see the picture again? Because it seems that the first post was deleted.
    Sorry, jchan2, Edmunds won' t let me post that picture, even though I manipulated it in PhotoShop, and it's an older pic. Here's what was sent to me:

"The main reason the photo wasn’t allowed is because by having the photo show up on our site, we’re in violation of U.S. copyright law. That particular rigid rule is courtesy of the Government, not of Edmunds.com"

I see plenty of copyright images being abused on the internet. Oh well...
    Wait a second, how your interesting and thoughtful Photoshopped 4Runner ANY Different than the "Amateur Redesign Studio" thread on the News and Views board? HOST, please explain. Also, please enforce rules consistently across the different boards. This is a major problem at Edmunds.

~alpha
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    Folks, this is the 05 4Runner discussion. Please discuss policies in the Ask the Hosts discussion, or directly via e-mail. Thanks.

The photo in question was hosted by a site that has competing automotive forums. Please see Sylvia's recent note in Ask the Town Hall Hosts for an update on this policy.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    "The photo in question was hosted by a site that has competing automotive forums." :rolleyes: Is Edmunds really that insecure? Have some courage.

Edmunds is a useful site. You can compete against other sites. Edmunds doesn't have to pretend that the rest of the internet doesn't exist. There are other sites that have competing automotive forums. There always will be. Some will be better. Some will be worse. Some will just be different. It's long past time for Edmunds to grow up and stand proud.
  • alfster1alfster1 Posts: 273
    "There are other sites that have competing automotive forums."

There are other sites? Really? I thought Edmunds was all there is or ever was. Long live Edmunds! :)

I guess in a litigious society, anything can be construed as being improper to some degree, to the point of creating complications. Sigh.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    Again, let's get back to the 4Runner. I'm happy to answer any questions via e-mail. Thanks.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    if the 05 4runner with the 3rd row seats will have a sunroof as an option?
    I thought I saw an '04 Limited equipped with 3rd row seats and a moonroof at a dealership, here in Phoenix. Is it not supposed to be an option if you have the extra seats? I don't have my literature in front of me to check...

I know you can't get the 3rd row in the Sport Edition, which seems a bit weird to me. They did the same thing with the Tahoe Z71, up until 2004, when they wised up and decided that it didn't make much sense, and was turning picky customers away. When will these knuckle heads give us options for EXACTLY what we want?! I'm still bitter that GM never offered the ZR-2 package on the 4-door Blazer and Jimmy (or even the 2-door Jimmy, for that matter!), especially since they introduced the '95 design as a 4-door ZR-2 concept!!! Idiots...
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    according to the brochure the moonrof is not an option whenver you get 3rd row seats.
  • sivisivi Posts: 20
    can you get limited v-6 without 3rd row seat?
    Yeah, I see that in the literature now. That's strange about the 3rd row and the moonroof. I don't get it. The GX comes with the 3rd row and an optional moonroof. I bet they add it for 2005.

The 3rd row is an option on the Limited too, so you should be able to get a V6 without the extra seats. Now, finding a V6 Limited may be a bit of a challenge...
  • Does anyone know if they r changing the exterior looks of the 2005 runner? are there any pics. i wanted to buy 2004 but due to cash was thinking of waiting till 2005. I really like the current look.
  • toyboxxtoyboxx Posts: 150
    They won't change the exterior looks. '05 will only be the third year of this newest design and I don't think it will even get a refreshing for a few years.
  • run4runnerrun4runner Posts: 9
    I wish Toyota makes more different colors for the Runner. I like to have one real Titanium color which is some what darker and warmer than the the current Titanium silver. The current Titanium silver looks like raw Aluminum and feeling very plain and weak. Toyota, are you listening?
    That Toyota offers only 7 exterior colors on the 4Runner is odd. Most of its model line offers 8 to 10 color choices. Good call, run4runner.

~alpha
    There was a time in 2003 where the 4Runner was available in a Burgundy-type and forrest green-type colors, but only for a short time in certain locales.
    Colors are very subjective, but I personally have a 4Runner V8 Limited in Titanium Silver and I think it looks modern and pleasing to look at. In addition, it seems to be easier to keep clean as opposed to darker colors. I thought about purchasing a 4Runner in black, but after having a black car previously, I changed my mind.

Have you considered the Galactic Grey Mica?
  • run4runnerrun4runner Posts: 9
    You are right, it is subjective and personal preference. So far I have looked the Titanium Silver and Galactic Gray, both looks fine but my wife like the silver and I like the Gray. Since the 2005 model soon will be here and hoping they come up some new color in between.
  • skipjakkskipjakk Posts: 5
    Anyone know if the V6 or V8 will see a horsepower increase? Also, are there any interior/option changes for 2005?

What about Hybrid option?
  • claymore1claymore1 Posts: 21
    Does anyone know if the Navigational system will be an option on the 2005 Sports edition? And does anyone know if the person at Toyota that designed the 2-tone gray cladding is still working there?
    By the way, there are still some 2003 4Runners with gray cladding still available to buy new here in California.
    ;)
  • highlander7highlander7 Posts: 177
    Interesting that the NAV was available on the 03 Sport Edition but not offered for 04.

If the NAV and air suspension had been available on the Sport Edition this year, I would have saved a few thousand dollars. That said - after owning my 04 Limited V8 since December, I have no regrets in having all the features offered. The heated leather seats, illuminated running boards, homelink, auto on/off headlights, dual zone climate control, and back-up camera on NAV/radio display are some of the reasons the Limited should be considered if you can afford and prefer these options. Maybe Toyota is listening and will offer a better package for the 05 Sport.

My local dealer still has an 03 with cladding. If you like this feature you can probably get a great deal??
This discussion has been closed.