Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar X-Type Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

13»

Comments

• Two days ago I purchased an 03 X Type 2.5 manual trans with 64000 miles for $8600. I feel that I got a good deal considering its got a clean title. It looks to have been involved with a side-swipe on the drivers side. I can see the bad paint job, but it's otherwise in very nice condition.

On the other hand, maybe I got what I paid for. Today...two days after I purchased it...the check engine light came on. I pulled it out of a driveway, put it in gear, stepped on the gas, and it sounded like it gurgled...then hesitated...then it moved along slowly. I will see what the code says is wrong and follow up, but I'm kind of pissed.

Lets hope I didn't purchase a money pit. We'll see. Lets get this forum resurrected.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090
    Congratulations on the new car!

We have a group of discussions about the X-type here.
    You'll find more current X-type owners hanging out there..

Welcome!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• monty2222monty2222 Posts: 48
    It was from a used car lot. According to carfax it was a 3 year lease in PA, had a right front accident in 2005, has 35,000 miles. I got it for $14,400. Perfect finish, engine very clean. Drove good. I noticed the pass door made a rattle when closed with the window down. They said they would tighten it up before I pick it up next week. Is this typical? I notice on all the Jags on the lot, the interior door trim panel shakes when you slam the door shut. Never see that on other cars. As a first time Jag owner would appreciate any tips. Oh, the chrome trim around the side windows is like a corroded look, not shiny. Bumper trim is fine. He said it is a known issue with aluminum trim on this car and he has known the dealer to replace it free. Is there a recall (silent recall)? I have to check the vin with the dealer, it may be under warranty till november.
13»
This discussion has been closed.