Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Stereo/Audio

123457»

Comments

• glassman5glassman5 Posts: 3
    There is no doubt in my mind that you can get an adapter. The dealer doesnt want tro be bothered...try circuit city,go into the install shop and talk to the guys there.
  • uncalumnusuncalumnus Posts: 11
    Has anyone installed a sattellite radio into your 2007 Tacoma? How did the sattellite unit fit in your car? Do you reccommend hard wiring or replacing the stock radio with a sattellite ready unit? I am hesitant to mess the the dash, as I feel it looks pretty nice. Thank you for your thoughts and ideas.
    I found a bracket that fastens behind the dash, and attaches to the satellite unit online @ Bracketron.com. It looks like it doesn't block any dash knobs, and looks good in the photo. I think I will order and try it.
  • I have a 2006 Tacoma with a single disk cd-player. Does
    anyone know if the ipod2car will connect to this unit or
    must you have a cd changer for this devise to work. Thanks
    for any advice!!
    I installed the bracket today. It fit well, but it was kind of difficult drilling the pilot holes in the dash behind the AC controls. the unit fits fine, and it looks ok. I would reccomned the Bracketron brand of dash bracket. It is sturdy, and will stand up to use.
  • I just ordered a 2007 Tacoma Access cab and I'm already planning a stereo installation. I've seen quite a few pictures of stereo installations for double cabs but I haven't seen many for the Access Cab models. I am planning on upgrading the stereo with an Alpine IVA-W205 head unit. I would also like to upgrade the stock speakers and add a JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer. I would like to add an amplifier but I don't want to sacrafice any space in the rear Access Cab area. Has anyone seen amplifier installations for Access Cab models that still maintain a fairly stock appearance?
  • yeah44yeah44 Posts: 1
    if you have your parking lights on or your headlights on the clock light will appear really dim during the day.
  • Hi;
    I bought a Tacoma new in 2005, had the factory CD player removed. I'm selling it for $100. 100% working order.
  • I was just given a Clarion MAX675VD, dbl din, DVD stereo. I have an 2006 Double cab Tacoma with 6 disc factory stereo. I also have the steering wheel controls for the stereo. My question is: What if anything must be installed to be able to continue to use the Steering wheel controls and the factory speaker/amp system? Any help would be appreciated.
  • There are some nice license plate holder cameras that pretty much disappear. I installed a BOYO VTL300 and have been happy with it. Easy install, decent camera.
  • I've had my 2008 taco dblecb for a month now and I have trouble with the horrible muffled sound from the subwoofer of the stock jbl system. Has anyone got a fix for it or do I just replace the whole thing for something better? Any suggestions would be great!
  • ninuninu Posts: 1
    i do have a 2005 tacoma 2.7 engine.recently i decide to replace my stereo with a mp3 player.so i got a new one and while i was instaling i dindnt protect the +so a made o short in the line.i did check everithing like fuse on the new stereo all ok,fuse on the car ok and a still dont have power on the line when i turn the ignition.mention that the clock doesnt work either. can samebody give an idea what is it.
  • what do you mean tap into a set of speaker wires behind the radio?
    does this require splicing of wires?
    where in the back of the radio are these wires?
  • I purchased a Kenwood KSC-SW1 and want to install it to the factory stereo in my 2005 x-runner.
    Does anyone know how to go about doing this?
    Is splicing the wires required or can it be connected to the wire harness?
  • I have a 2006 Double Cab. I would like to upgrade the door speakers and tweeters but dont have the extra cash to put in a new HU. Will the factory HU distribute enough power for component speakers? If so, any suggestions on what to put in?
  • mymingmyming Posts: 1
    hello,

i have a 2004 tacoma extracab.
    it has single cd player-cassette player-am/fm stereo radio.

i'd like to find a stock replacemenrt for mine that ate a cd and died.

thank you.
  • maimingmaiming Posts: 5
    dear b0undbywater,

what a unique avatar - i like it !

thank you for responding. i will copy/save this for when i have the $ to upgrade.

thank you.
  • :shades: CAN ANYONE SEND ME ANY INFO ON DOOR PANEL REMOVAL TO REPLACE MY SISSY STOCK SPEAKERS? IT IS A 2009 DOUBLE CAB. I AM A CAR GUY BUT WOULD RESEARCH BEFORE I SCRATCH OR BREAK A PANEL.
  • I have the same problem with my subwoofer usually when i play cd's, dont really have a solution, was curious if you had gotten any responses?
  • got no real response. What I did was change out the whole sub with a replacement sub box and added an amp to pump it. The stock one was horrible and had to change it out.
  • rsandovalrsandoval Posts: 8
    Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this website and its products.
    I have a '99 Prerunner V6 extra cab; JL stealthbox costs too much for a truck with 250K miles.
  • 2011 Tacoma with JBL audio system. How do I transfer my contacts from my iphone to the phone book.
  • Hello,
    I was looking at buying the alpine power pack mini amp,I have a 2011 Toyota tacoma double cab.I have already installed the kenwood x993 head unit which i really like,I was going to modify the plugs on the power pack to work with the kenwood.I was wanting to know if anyone has done this before and where would be a good place to put this little amp.I looked but there is very little room behind the head unit and under the dash.I wanted to keep it close to the head unit so i would not have to run extra wire.
  • ddigglerddiggler Posts: 17
    The only places I can think of are under the seats of in the center console. However there is no air flow in the center console. I have and access cab and have seen amp installs under the small jump seats in the back. The Tacoma is very limited in terms of amp locations that are stealth or hidden. Good Luck
123457»