Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 400h Audio & Entertainment Questions

Comments

• I wanted to know if the Mark Levinson System will play MP3 cds on RX400h, i tried playing it but it shows the cd counter counting but no sound, is there something wrong, i did get the Mark Levinson Premium sound.

One other thing, how do you program memory seats?
  • katzjamrkatzjamr Posts: 146
    For the seats, turn the ignition key to the on position, put the shift selector in park, push the SET button on the door, hold it down and push button 1 or 2 and hold it until you hear the signal beep. it should now remember your seat position. this is from pages 247 and 248 of the 400h manual. my dealer did it with me as i was taking delivery of the car. as far as i know the Mark Levinson does not play mp3's, this and satellite radio were two larger exclusions to the 400h features.

i am also hearing do not put anything but a commerically made cd in the in dash changer, a home burned cd may not come out.
  • Re useing a home built CD in the player.. I have 4 of the 6 that are copies and never had a problem.. I wouldn't be concerned.
    PS Looove the car! mileage winter Western NY ~ 25-26 mpg less than summer.
  • When I give it a vocal command, "home", the navigation responds that it cannot do it and I should delete the "poi's"
    I never entered any poi. What am I supposed to do to get it to navigate to my home? (Home is programmed)
    if your home is programmed then in the lower left hand corner of the screen will be a small icon like a flag symbol, if you push that it will program a way to home.
  • dadcatdadcat Posts: 29
    Of the many times I have tried to say "Home" to the RX400h Nav, it has only worked perhaps 1 out of 10 times. I have also tried varying the pronuciation of home to Homeee and Homma with some limited success. What has worked is to program in a Quick Access point for the home address and say to the Nav "Quick Access 1" instead of "Home" The quick access points seem to be understood by the Nav in better than 9 out of 10 tries.
  • mirexmirex Posts: 68
    After several attempts at saying "Home" my nav system finally gave me a list of chinese resteraunts. I picked one and had a great meal. Had to find my own way home.
  • ghwinghwin Posts: 2
    Instead of using "Quick Access 1", can you have something like "My Home" or "Home Sweet Home". If this is possible, it might work better when there are more syllables in the voice-print to distinguish from other entries in the database.

Just a thought-- since I'm very familiar w/ Voice Recognition technology but not yet an owner.

- Greg
  • ghwinghwin Posts: 2
    Can the bluetooth be used to voice-dial by numbers? IOW, can you say, "Dial 555-1212"?

Or does it only dial from phonebook, like "Dial Wife's Mobile"?

Thanks,

- Greg
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Am still evaluating the tech features of RX and also considering the Acura RL.
    I tried your other phrases for Home, but it only recognizes "Home" or "Go Home". It reliably recognizes these two phrases if the climate control system is turned off and there is no other interfering noise. Under noisy conditions it just does not work reliably.
    You cannot voice dial with the RX Bluetooth phone as you can with the Acura RL. Voice recognition on the RX is only for the NAV and climate control. Another RX annoyance is the phone dial keypad and the NAV destinations are both disabled while the car is in motion, except for the one-touch pre-programmed phone numbers. In addition, the programmed phone numbers are grayed out on the one-touch keypad while in motion, so you have to remember which of the up to 17 one-touch numbers is the correct one to dial.

BOttom line: The RX tech features are a generation behind the Acura RL's.
  • kap2kap2 Posts: 2
    The touch screen on my navigation system is not responding to touch. Other functions in the system continue to work, including through voice, but no functions on the screen respond to touch commands.

Any thoughts or will this require a service call.
    what is the screen displaying when it has stopped responding. if the screen is totally blank its possible it was turned off. are you saying its frozen one one view?
  • kap2kap2 Posts: 2
    The screen is not blank, although I can turn it off with the voice command. It will show any of the screens that correspond to the buttons below, but will not respond to touch. I brought it to the dealer and they are trying to figure out what to do. Sounds like a major fix is required.

Very disappointing for a vehicle with just 3,500 miles.
  • navguynavguy Posts: 61
    If you look into the Navigation Quick Guide you will find some of the Voice Commands that the system will recognize. In regards to HOME try using "GO HOME" for a higher success rate. Lastly, I always recommend rolling up the windows and quieting the interior before making a command. ;)
    Saying "Go Home" works poorly too. It often puts up the icons for Golf Courses when I say that, except under perfectly quiet conditions (car stopped, engine and climate control off). The voice recognition system is just not reliable under any other conditions.
  • dsilver2dsilver2 Posts: 12
    Has anyone been successful in trasfering the phone directory from a Motorola bluetooth phone to the car?

Thank you,
  • ke2feke2fe Posts: 37
    I see icons on my gps screen. I have tried to delete them, but I can't seem to get them off. Do you have any suggestions?
    Try activating the voice recognition button and saying "POI off" to deactivate the POI icons on the screen.
  • nighnigh Posts: 16
    I cannot put the entire phone number into the space for directions using the phone number..Any comments...