Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS Steering Problems

2»

Comments

• paopao Posts: 1,867
    Im curious as to what was the recall for the glovebox.....unfortunately not all dealers know how to road balance a tire....do they have the hunter machine to do it..or did they simply state they did it..and placed it on a normal balancer....just curious.....damage to the interior is unacceptable.....time to go above the service managers head..to the owner of the dealership
  • dant4dant4 Posts: 2
    Need copy or duplicate of original window sticker for 2010 Cadillac CTS. Bought used from Indiana dealer but car was sold new by an unknown dealer in Florida, I believe.
    I believe you can get a copy through any dealer if you provide the VIN number....the dealer has to request it from big GM...so curious.....do you have this car now?
  • dant4dant4 Posts: 2
    Yes. Purchased October, 2010. Thanks for reply.
  • mart6mart6 Posts: 4
    I have the same problem with my 2011 awe cts the car weaves from side to side on the highway. Does anyone have an answer ?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    Have you taken it to the dealership? If so, what did they say? Your car is still under warranty - with a problem like that, I'd want it fixed asap!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rspruittrspruitt Posts: 11
    I've had this car close to a year now and don't notice the problem anymore. Could be the steering loosened up slightly so not as tight, tires have worn, or I'm just used to it now, not sure. I took it to the dealership early on and they could not detect the issue.
    Yes. Twice. The first time the mechanic said he felt the same thing, he put it on the rack, and checked for anything loose, and gave it back to me the same way. I complained to Cadillac, and they sent me back. They said it was normal. I did drive another car that did the same thing, but its not normal for a car to do this . There is something wrong with it right out of the factory. Very dangerous.
    I was hoping it would go away. A friend of mine suggested it might be the wide tires ,but I don't know. There not that wide 235s. I once had a 93 dodge stealth with 245s, awd, and 4 wheel steering, and it was rock solid, it did sway I little over 100 mph, but that was the rear steering, and me touching the wheel, not the car doing it on its on . I really love this car. I'd love it more if it drove straight.
    has it been checked for proper alignment....you previously mentioned the mechanic put it on the rack and checked for loose suspension...but nothing about checking alignment...09 CTS here with no problems at all...37K
    Yes he did. Sorry, that's what I meant, the alignment rack.
2»