Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Transmission Problems

12345679»

Comments

• my 2004 did the same thing, this is a manufactueres defect but cadillac will not reconise it, the same as the timing chaines on the 3.6, seems like the 2004 model year is not included with the timing chain warranty only 2005 and up, but the 2004 3.6 chaines are failing on people too.with a car like cadillac to put profits before doing the right thing, (to fix defective chaines, transmissions, coolant lines and radiators) i will never buy another cadillac again, cadillac is not worthy of my hard earned money.
  • tinmanwpktinmanwpk Posts: 1
    My transmission in my 2010 CTS has dropped out three times in the last two months. I have had a loaner way too much. The quality of service from Cadillac has been poor as well as the treatment by Cadillac themselves.

I know most of us only post when we are unhappy with a product. I am quite active on another Cadillac forum with over 2000 posts, most of them positive. I cannot post anything positive about my transmission taking a dump three times in two months.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    Hi tinmanwpk,

I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the transmission in your Cadillac. Have you spoken to anyone from Cadillac Customer Care about this repeated issue? If not we'd be more than happy to document your issues in a customer assistance case.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • I own a 2008 CTS 4 and just experience my first major failure. The car has 104,561 miles (just over factory warranty of course) and the transmission and transfer case according to the dealership are toast. Estimated costs are expected to exceed $7500 which is cost prohibitive. I love the car but it doesnt seem reasonable to repair it at this point. I am going to get crushed on the loan.

Is there a way to work with Cadillac or GM on a reasonable resolution to this? I have been a GM owner for my entire life so I would hope that they would look at the perfect maintenance record and be able to cover at least part of the expense.
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    You may want to consider contacting an auto wrecker who has a wrecked, low mileage 2008 CTS with powertrain intact. It may be a cheaper way to go in order to prolong the life of the vehicle. Good luck.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    Hello,

I'm sorry to learn of your recent transmission failure. If you're interested, I'd like to look more into this for you to see what options are available to you towards your transmission repair. Please send your name, VIN, contact information and dealership to socialmedia@gm.com [Attn Amber]. Please also reference this forum post.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • a new cadillac and needs transmission replaced at 10,000 and again at 13,000 is nonsense.that car is a lemon and they have to keep replacing that transmission up to 100,000 miles,if the dealer refuses to keep replacing it, sue them, they have not a leg to stand on that car has a 100,000 miles drive train warranty, period.
  • I have experienced the exact same problem, same relative millage and just out of warranty. Upon researching the issue, it turns out that the failure is common, the spline shaft going to the transfer case has been re-designed to include an o-ring, or seal. Basically, the lubricant is depleted without the seal, and the axial motion of the spline causes burnishing of the teeth, and failure. The odd thing is that the failure disengages the parking pawl, which is a recall in all other such cases. I am currently talking with GM, but it has gone nowhere.