Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    All righty, let's try this again. Maybe we can get it right this time. :)

This is the place to talk about the new CTS -- owners, potential owners, interested bystanders are all welcome as long as we keep the conversation focused on the CTS.

Anyone who wants to debate the future of Cadillac as a whole, or the relative merits and demerits of the CTS's competition is invited to look for suitable discussions on other boards. Try the Search function on the left sidebar for "Cadillac" and see what you find. If you'd like to compare the CTS to any other vehicle, please check out the Comparisons - Sedans vs. Sedans board - maybe your comparison is already underway, but if not, feel free to create a discussion there.

As always, I would be very happy to help you find anything you might be looking for.

Let's get back to talking about the CTS right here -- but please understand that because of the volatile history of the previous discussion, argumentative messages will not be tolerated here.

Questions? Just shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Pat
    Sedans Host
  • baron87baron87 Posts: 93
    What fun...I guess I'll start us off with a couple questions to the CTS owners around here:

1-What do you like most about your CTS (why did you buy it)?

2-What do you think needs improvement/why?

3-Why should someone buy a CTS?

Thanks... :)
  • automoleautomole Posts: 154
    4-How much did you pay for your CTS?

Although the CTS is a GREAT car they don't exactly seem to be moving off the lots at lightning speed! Is it realistic to expect that I can get a $1500 discount off of sticker on a nicely optioned CTS? I plan on going to the dealer to negotiate the purchase of a new CTS later this week.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I am just wondering what the overall market demand for the CTS is.
    Will Cadillac build too many and saturate the market?
    Will we be seeing rebates on CTS's in 6 months?
    Or even less?

Looks like GM factories were down this week with 0 cars produced.

Model changeover or vacation?
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Went to Vienna, Virginia for the Packard National Meet a few days ago and saw a sunburst orange CTS at the Caddy dealership next door.

I walked over to look at it and it was a 5 speed with 0 options. I think the price was 29.9K.
    it looked like it had been there awhile.

This must have been one of the initial shipment of cars that had the 5 speed and low MSRP.

I have a feeling they are going to eat that car.
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    CTS production thus far this year (July 6) is just over 20,000. Total sales thru then end of June is 14,700. Sales have been running at 3,400 or so per month for the past few months. So the 5,000 or so cars not yet sold are 1) not yet shipped 2) less than a month old on the dealers lot. Cadillac considers the car "sold out".
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Posts: 1,058
    automole - the CTS is selling as well or better than GM expected. I believe they are moving better in the midwest than other parts of the country. You should be able to get some discount.

b4z - GM plants are shut down the first two weeks of July. I believe same goes for Ford and Chrysler. Also, base MSRP has not increased since launch.
  • necrosnecros Posts: 127
    I have another question for people who own a CTS/know stuff about it: Does anyone know what the wheel specifications for the CTS are? Things like lug pattern and size, offset, bore, etc.? I've been looking at some Momo wheels, but have no idea if they'll fit, and getting Momo fitment info (or fitment info for the CTS) is no easy task...

And to automole's question, I bought mine for $1200 off invoice, with no D&H. I would think with the right dealership, you could get $1500 off.
  • wallywallawallywalla Posts: 26
    I've had my CTS for just one month and have 1100 miles on it. I bought it three days after a test drive. I never intended to buy a CTS but was so impressed with the way it handled that I just couldn't resist. It is Sable Black with the dark pewter interior.So far the mileage is quite good for mostly city driving and some highway (19.5mpg). I had to cancel the other vehicle that I had on order since April (some sort of delay) and I'm not sorry. The only minor flaws that I discovered was that I had twice hit the control for the window washers and turned them on. The mount on the column could be modified so that it wouldn't happen .The other being that the cruise control doesn't have a resume feature which I was used to in my other vehicle. The dealer gave me what I thought was a great deal and a fair trade price.Most of the CTS cars don't last that long on the area dealers lots. Mine was just 3 days before I bought it. Oh, it is a manual transmission, with the luxury package, express sun roof and polished wheels. Any questions?.
  • wallywallawallywalla Posts: 26
    The cruise control resume feature is not like on my other vehicle in that I was able to just press resume and unless I was going too slow , it would go right back to the original setting I had. In the CTS once I hit the brakes , it will not go back automatically to the previous setting unless I hold the resume button down til I reach my previous speed. Unless I am not working it right????????????
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    Glad to see the CTS forum is back in business. Anyone know if the current GM promo of 0$ apr is good on CTSs?
  • logic1logic1 Posts: 2,433
    The ads I saw for 0% said on all 2002 models. The CTS and Vibe are 2003 models, so are probably exempt.
  • robh3robh3 Posts: 157
    Wally:

Could it be that when you have tried this, it has been because you had downshifted? I have an '87 Mustang w/ 5 speed and the cruise control has a resume function that'll take the car back to the prior speed (hence, "resume").

It would seem incredibly odd to me that this '03 Caddy, even with the stick, didn't have a traditional "resume" feature to the cruise control. I'd check your owners manual to see what it says...
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    If the CTS has a standard GM cruise control, part of the turn signal stalk, then the on/off switch also has the resume feature which is activated by sliding the switch toward the resume (not the off position). A quick slide, as, if you hold it then you activate the accelerate mode. If you push the set button (in the end of the stalk) then you reset the speed. If you turn the cruise "off", then it loses the speed and will not resume. I'm not sure, but if you enter the accelerate mode, then the speed may be lost too.
  • necrosnecros Posts: 127
    The CTS does not have the standard GM cruise control. CTS CC is on the steering wheel, at the bottom.
  • rapsterrapster Posts: 2
    All you have to do is momentarily press the + button...but don't hold it in, which resets the speed.

BTW, I have a Blue Onyx CTS with every option except the engine block heater :-) ...$43K out the door. I got it in April and just turned over 4500 miles on it.

I bought it because I love the cutting-edge design, I was ready to move into a Cadillac out of an Acura 3.2 CL Type S. I'm in some disagreement about opinions that the interior is sub-standard; it's appropriate for a new-mindset vehicle, and is pretty low-maintenance (not many completely flat surfaces, so it doesn't collect the dust that other cars do).

I love the idea of driving a car of which I don't see a clone every other car on the freeway!
  • robh3robh3 Posts: 157
    Sounds like you represent the target market Caddy was going after: someone driving an import competitor, looking for something "fresh" and far from "every-day", having a sporty character...someone who dares to step out of the "norm" and "expected" and be different.

I've seen some blue onyx CTSs and they look great. What color interior did you get?

One color that I saw at the NY Auto Show was the red. I have yet to see a red one either on the road or at a dealership. It looked pretty sharp up on the stage at the show.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    I have never seen more than one CTS on the lot aside from one Saturday when they had 4. All four were lined up with plates on them though, so they were sold. I see a few around so they are definitely selling. Seen a few G35s also. I still think the CTS looks much better that the Infiniti. G35 is just strange in the back.

I was at the CART race in Toronto this weekend and they had a modified CTS and EXT one display. The CTS had a custom wheels, grill, tinted windows and interior treatments. Looked very sharp.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Posts: 1,058
    What did the grill look like? A local dealer had on on that was comprised of horizontal metal grooves? - $1495 option. The car also had a rear spoiler - $895 option.
  • automoleautomole Posts: 154
    First off, thanks to everyone for the info on purchasing a new CTS...I think I'm going to try for $1500 off since the cars in my area appear to be moving slow. Of course I have a trade-in so you know how that goes!

Wally, how's the paint on your black CTS? Black is my favorite color but my wife has already said she won't let me get another black car due to my perfectionist personality. My current car (300M) is black and has the worst paint I've ever owned on any car...it scratches VERY easily and has numerous factory defects. My last car (95 Mustang Cobra) was also black but the paint held up great. I'd consider getting black again but only if it's decent paint...any info is GREATLY appreciated. -Thanks