Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• ctsjerryctsjerry Posts: 94
    Yes, as I mentioned before, I do notice water in the 3/8" lip that runs around the Bezel edge. So far, not much dirt yet, but I do wash my CTS every weekend. When I first got my CTS there was debris in-between the spoiler/High Center Stop Light and the trunk lid. I washed it out with a stream of water and followed up with a blast from my 100 psi air nozzle. I'm keeping an eye on that area everytime I wash. Water does collect there, and streams out when the rear trunklid is opened. Drying the car is a fun task!

BTW, the High Center Stop Light is a NEON. I like that! No more burnt out individual LEDs. Way to go Cadillac! -Jer:>)
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    I doubt seriously this was the Lambo's first battery change. The battery the service tech removed was an Interstate brand battery...and I doubt they're available in Italy. The new battery was again, an Interstate.
  • mannytrannymannytranny Posts: 175
    The moisture that I have is inside the bezel, the clear part (started there at first) but now after many days of showers and rain it can be seen in other red areas. It is the same as in post # 3142 by wwhite2.
         Just had my tires rotated on the CTS at my FORD dealer.
         I was at the Ford dealer for my truck when the service advisor noticed that my inspection was due in June. I said go ahead and inspect the truck. My wife stopped over in the CTS to get something from the truck and I said they were going to do a truck inspection.
         The service advisor said that they had time and could do an inspection on the CTS if I wanted because the CTS sticker, he noticed, is also due in June. Since the tech removed two opposite wheels to check the brakes, etc. he asked if I wanted the tires rotated also on the CTS and I did. The advisor charged for the state inspection on the CTS and only for half of the price of the tire rotation since it was combined with an inspection. GREAT!!!!
         Funny thing is that I was just over at the Cadillac dealer for the bezel part inspection and the advisor passed right by the sticker and he had even asked how long I had the car.That's where I bought it.
         Now who's out for service??
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    Just went over to the dealer to pick up my CTS since they said yesterday that it would be ready at 5PM today, and it's not back yet. This is aggravating. At first (when researching the cost), they said it should take about three days tops. When I dropped it off for the work, they changed it to seven days.

It has now been eight days, and it still isn't ready. I wished they would just tell the truth. If it's going to take two weeks (or whatever), then by God just say it's going to take two weeks, so a person can plan accordingly. I can live with that. I just hope they don't mess up my San Diego run this weekend. It's a perfect weather situation. Just venting a bit folks.

thebug...
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I posted this link several months ago and thought I would do it again for some of the newbies.

The CTS has 2.95 stars which is not so great, but that is better than the Catera's 2.13 stars.

Plus, you gotta figure that people are more likely to post if they are dissatisfied.

http://www.carreview.com/Luxury+Cars/Cadillac+CTS/PRD_132864_1529- crx.aspx
    Many of us have talked about various CTS colors being their favorite and which color's they feel it looks best in.

I have to say that Cashmere has really grown on me. I have been vacilating(sp?) between blue and black but the cashmere looks really good at dusk and has a very European flavor to it.

It also tends to show of the creases in the car and probably has the most metallic in of all the colors.

Lets give some props to Cashmere!
    You can check out the colors available here:
    http://cadcts.com/ I still prefer black, because so much of the CTS trim is dark gray or black. Plus the car looks very "Stealthy" in black. But any CTS, in any color, is fine with me! Go CTS! -Jer:>)
    Hi TheBug- Here's the little known secret that the Dealer and most Repair Shops won't tell you. Always DOUBLE the Number, and change the time INCREMENT up one level. Samples: "One Hour" means "Two Days". "Two Days" means "Four Weeks". "Three Weeks" means "Six Months". Now you know what they REALLY mean when they give you those nice sounding delivery estimates.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    ctsjerry you missed mentioning how they will break or scratch something while making the repairs
  • cu95cu95 Posts: 96
    To add to what b4z posted:
    http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-2003_Cadillac_CTS/display_~revi- ews
    There the rating average is 4 out of 5 stars.
    You know dealers should held to the same standards as building contractors when they take on a government contract. They begin to lose money for each day a project continues beyond the promised completion date.

Lets say we get 2% off the total cost for each hour, and 10% off for each day. That would provide incentive to either tell the truth, or finish the job on time.

I do understand that these time frames are only an estimate (or swag), but they have a pretty solid idea how long a job should take, as labor cost are predetermined (in terms of how long) in most cases.

thebug...
    Seems that the dealers have finally figured out that the most popular CTS's are in the 35K and under range.
    Add the sunroof and they are in the 36K-37K range.
    My dealer has no cars over 37K.

I did notice on one that I saw yesterday that the base price was $30,000, while some of the other cars on his lot were $29,900.
  • rfdevil1rfdevil1 Posts: 43
    I thought that silver green was going to be a 2004 color but a dealer near me has one on the lot. I haven't seen it in person yet but it comes up when I search on line inventory. Has anyone seen it yet and if so, does it look good?

Also,does anyone know if any of the 04 colors are being introduced early?
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Posts: 1,058
    Saw a silver green at the dealer last night. It looked pretty good but it was getting dark, I would like to see it in daylight.
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    My dealer once told me that half of their CTS sales are for people wanting the base model and not wanting to spend more than $32K. That surprised me since I thought that the sweet spot for buyers would be the Lux model, which I think has the best price/performance of the three major options choices.
  • jpnmassjpnmass Posts: 45
    The problem with the options is that they are completely overpriced. $2300 for the Luxury Package and the only thing I'd even want in there is the power passenger seat. And I really don't need that. What irks me, from what I have seen, is to get the $1275 Bose system I have to spend $2300 on the Luxury package that is worthless. So I go from $30.7 (latest price jump) to $34.3 just to get the radio I want. I mean the memory seat is cool too, I have that in my van, but I'll be driving this car 95% of the time. I could care less about the alarm, garage door opener, compass and digital recorder. To pay $2K+ for that package is steep. I guess I could get the nav system for $2700 and that's cheaper, but I could care less about the nav system, I just want a great stereo system!!!
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    Doesn't the nav option require the lux pkg too? Cadillac is being very clever with the CTS pricing. It looks good to say $30,000 or so, but when you look at a nicely equipped one, the price is more like $35-40 thousand. My Seville cost me about $40,000. (with lux pkg, moonroof, bose ...)
  • necrosnecros Posts: 127
    I don't think Cadillac is being clever; they're being foolish, and perhaps driving some people away from the car by combining options this way. There was no way I was going to buy the Lux package for what they were charging. I would have bought the Sport package stand-alone, but not if I had to buy the Lux package to get it. So I bought the base. I really, really can't stand allthe wood that comes along with the Lux. I think it looks horrible.
  • jpnmassjpnmass Posts: 45
    You're right, my mistake The nav option does require the lux package. I'm not in the market for awhile but was doing some research and the way the options are structured is killing me. We'll see how smart Cadillac is if people don't buy the add-ons.
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    exactly my point.
  • JNorthstarJNorthstar Posts: 25
    Just got a call and my Diamond White CTS is in. Price wise, my 01 STS came in at $54,000, so my CTS at $38,000 is a nice change.

Will report back after I pick it up. The 24HR test drive I took last weekend convinced me to purchase the CTS.
  • cu95cu95 Posts: 96
    Necros, I came to the same conclusion: there just would be too many items that I was indifferent about or disliked that I'd have to pay for with the packages. If items were offered a la carte style, GM would have extracted more money from me. But I don't know what kind of cost increases or lost revenues (some people I'm sure bite the bullet and pay for a package who would've spent less if a la carte optioning was offered) result from giving greater option flexibility, so I'm not sure if GM's decision is financially foolish. Re: the wood, I agree. I'm repeating myself now, I'm sure, but why would I want wood on my steering wheel? Going from one texture to two, with the second one being hard to boot, doesn't make sense to me (but a lot of manufacturers do it, so my opinion certainly doesn't appear to be the predominant one). When faced with a surface/handle that one has to grip for extended periods of time, does anyone say to themselves, "Boy, I sure hope it's made of hard wood rather than padded leather."? Sorry about the rant, it's a silly pet peeve of mine.
  • automoleautomole Posts: 154
    The 'options issue' is one of my only major gripes about the car. I ended up with a base model (w/automatic) CTS because I didn't want to have to pay for the stupid options in order to get the good stuff.

I think it's a bit ridiculous that they deleted options that should be included in a car of this class in order to force the consumer into buying up into a higher price point. I mean, shouldn't ALL the CTS configurations have a compass, homelink transmitter, power passenger seat, memory mirrors/seat, multi disc CD player, etc? -And why do you have to buy the lux package in order to get a sunroof, heated seats, upgrade stereo, etc.

It's as if they designed the ugly adjustment bar on the passenger seat that takes up 3 inches of leg room for the sole purpose of punishing those that didn't buy the luxury package.

My wife's PT Cruiser cost about $13k less than the CTS but it has a 'friggin compass!

Lastly, my other big gripe is the size of the wheels. 16" or even 17" wheels are too small for the CTS in my opinion and the stock wheels are far from deluxe. I would have been more tempted to get the lux performance package if it would have come w/ 18" wheels and like others, I'd just as well not have the wood trim.

The CTS is a great car and I've been surprised by the quality, fit, and finish. It could be even better though if GM would do a little bit more by adding some basic features to the base package.
  • mkcomkco Posts: 65
    Some posts mentioned that the bezel will be body-colored on the '04 models...Is that for sure? I read that it would be on the '05 CTS-V and figured that would be when they'd make the switch for the base CTS as well. But I HOPE it's 04 since that's what I'd be leasing. Does anyone have confirmation on this?

I am worried about the softening of the suspension in '04 models, though. (I had a first-year Intrigue and it handled great, but then they softened it on subsequent models and it just wasn't as good...Don't want to see that happen to CTS!)
    Just went to clubcts.com and it looks like it is closed down again. Itr was down for 4 months then back up, then down again.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    Will nav be available since the DIC in the CTS-V will have 2 screens ????
  • rstephrsteph Posts: 109
    Pacific NW here...where, yes, it does rain WAAAAY more than it really needs to. Anyway, last car was dark navy blue. Looked great all spiffied up in the sun. But during the 10.5 months of rain (more or less), a wash job, then 2 blocks down the street and it looked like you'd never washed it to begin with. Seems that the best color for this type of area (opinion only) is silver. (Hides the dirt a little better...as long as you're washing the car often.) So, that's what we got.
    Got the CTS back this afternoon, on time (with third completion promise), and it looks really nice. Gonna take some getting used to the aggressive sound (not very loud, but different) though. The more I drove it today the less I noticed it. It's interesting how the total price changed.

When I dropped it off they gave me a quote of, $1,250 (but not in writing), that's including an oil change. At pick up time, the service rep didn't say anything about cost, he simply said see the cashier to pick up your car.

To my surprise, the price had dropped about $110. I think this was because of the two missed delivery times. After looking the car over for a while, I did go back in to thank him for the deal.

His facial expression assured me that the price change was compensation for the lost time, and two missed delivery dates, and this was without prompting. IMO, that's good customer service.

Taking off for my joy ride to San Diego tonight, wheels up at 2AM :).

thebug...
  • mcgreenxmcgreenx Posts: 179
    I recall seeing an '04 pricing and model list from a GM/Cadillac site that was linked to a post on this forum and it indicated that all non-base '04 CTS models would require a sunroof. That's not only a feature I never use, don't like because of the reduction in headroom, and don't have on my '03 LuxSport, but it adds at least $1,000 to the MSRP.
  • richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    You said "but I doubt MB, BMW or Lexus would let that kind of defect, which is what it is, go uncorrected".

Actually, Lexus ES300 has had a much much bigger problem involving its new 5-speed transmission for the last 18 months, and has yet to fix it.

Lexus is not the almighly quality king that it promotes itself to be these days.