Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• mannytrannymannytranny Posts: 175
    I only hope that there is a program around like this when I go to buy my CTS V.
         Sounds really great for those who can take advantage of it.
         It's also thoughtful of you to ask at this Board for future CTS owners to get the discount.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    Thanks for the offer , I too would like something like that to help myself get into a CTS-V
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    When did you get them? I will be checking my mail box closly as I am on the GM employee/family deal too. My bud wants a new GM truck and wishes he could get the DEAL too!...............geo
  • biglevbiglev Posts: 8
    How much more is the 2004 CTS going to be compared to the 2003 model?
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    Every time I look at the pictures of your CTS I am reminded what a sharp car it is and just how good it looks in dark colors. Your pictures are better than any of the ones Cadillac uses in their brochures and promotional materials. Local dealer currently has one CTS in stock(at least according to gmbuypower.com) and it is cashmere. Just a month ago they had about 9 in stock at once. I do see them on the road with increasing frequency while still not at every street corner.

Copper Sunburst- The very first CTS I test drove(about this time last year) was copper sunburst. I'm not sure I'd want to wake up with it every morning but I will confess it did appeal to me some. And boy did it draw some looks during the test drive. Being 27 and single I guess I kind of like things that draw attention to me:) Although I think a black or blue onyx CTS would fit me best.
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    Considering it's price I think the CTS has a very good interior, however if you want to see a nice interior then check out some pics of the XLR. I can't wait to see one in person as the car looks absolutely fabulous in pictures. To put things in perspective, I loved the look of the XLR the first time I saw a picture of one. That is not the same thing that happened when I saw the first pic of a CTS nearly 2 years ago as it took spotting one on the road in late September 01 to sell me on the car's look.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    I've read several rave reviews of the XLR. Cadillac is on a roll, no doubt. Now they need to get the rest of GM rolling also.

I've always like the look of the CTS and I think the dark blue is the best color. I have stopped by the Cadillac dealer a few times this year to drool over one. Maybe in a year or two I'll get a used one if I can't afford a new one yet. I really want one some day though.
  • richw5richw5 Posts: 152
    My wife always gives me a hard time if I wave to other CTS drivers we meet. She says, "People will think you are crazy".

Yet last week, when we where leaving the local Olive Garden Restaurant, a passenger in another CTS gave me the "Thumbs up" sign, while his wife was parking the car. I believe that, just like Corvette owners, there is a special bond between people who have challenged the ordinary, the bland, by buying a CTS.

Am I crazy? Maybe, but it's just harmless fun and if I get a smile from the other driver, it's OK if they think I'm crazy.

Rich
    Read Post # 2993
    The price will be up but how much it is not sure yet. The 04 will include the new engine and an auto trans as standard. So it just has to be more than the original base model 03.
  • necrosnecros Posts: 127
    Ajvdh, yeah that was the school in the Springs. Let me tell you, driving in that stuff at 5 am on summer tires sucked hardcore. I almost lost it a few times going down 25. And I don't think we're that far apart (I'm in Arvada), so we got a lot of snow, too. And of course, once we passed the Palmer Divide, it was beautiful and sunny.

fav002, it was the pics of your car that made me get my CTS in black with the two-tone interior, and I love the looks of it. Very cool for you to try to hook members of the board up with a discount. Mad rup!

AWD would be awesome. Now if I could only get the CTS-V in AWD, I could maybe make it my next car. ATM, thoug, it's looking like a Suby WRX STi in my future...

I always give other CTS drivers a wave, and have yet to get one back. Dunno why. Although there was a white VTXi on the road the other day, and we were checking each other out...
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Or the new engine comes with the auto option.

i wonder how they will do that?

Pay $1200 for the auto and get the new engine?
  • tornado25tornado25 Posts: 279
    From what I've seen, I believe the current engine will be available, but stick only and the new engine (3.6 totally new design) will be auto only. That applies for 04 only. Sounds like in 05, the "current" engine will be gone altogether and then the new 3.6 will be available with both trannies.

I think this has something to do with the fact that the manual needs to be reworked a little to work with the new engine.
    I was talking about the base price difference between the 03 and the 04 CTS. Since the 04 only comes with an auto trans it will cost more than the 03 CTS that came standard with a manual trans. To add an auto trans was about $1200 on an 03. So I figure that the base cost will be about $1200 more just to include it.
    Can't figure out how the 05 will price everything out. Maybe this is the way that Cadillac will gradually increase the base price of a CTS ......hmmmmm
  • pecclespeccles Posts: 52
    The base '04 will still be a 5 speed manual with
    the 3.2L engine. The auto trans will be optional
    with the 3.2L. The 3.6L is only offered with
    the auto trans in '04. In '05, the 3.6L will
    be the base engine. A 6 speed manual trans will
    be available in '05 but not sure if it will be
    standard or an option like the Corvette.

I'll be in the market for a new car in 18 months
    and the CTS will be a serious consideration.
    Would like to see magnetic ride control and
    heads up display available for '05. Making the
    CD player capable of playing MP3s would be a
    plus.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    My understanding is that the '04 3.2L will be stick only with no auto available.
    That's right. 3.2L with stick only in 04. 3.6L with auto only in 04, manual added in 05.
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    Post #2993 list the expected base at $31,000. After a few bells and whistles, it will be up a bit I guess. Average options on the 03 was about 4-4.5K.

thebug...
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    night vision should be an option too
    Saw an ad today in the paper for a dealer with a Matrix theme with a CTS and they were giving away PS2 / Xbox Matrix games with purchase. I wonder if Cadillac will do the same in the coming weeks.