Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• jpennjpenn Posts: 68
    I think you're saying the answer is, yes AWD will be available on the 07 CTS.

Thank you for the answer and your insight. I know many of us would be happy to hear more of what you have.

Now, if they only would consider making a coupe !?!

Thanks.

jpenn
  • lesstl1lesstl1 Posts: 21
    You seem to know a lot about the new CTS redesign. I love my 2003 CTS and really want to get the next generation CTS. I am hoping Cadillac will have the redesign model released as a 2007 model, but I have been hearing rumors that they might delay it until the 2008 model year. Can you advise us which model year the redesigned CTS will be introduced?
  • evokevok Posts: 14
    I do not know if it was officially delayed but the original "rumours" that I probably started are now incorrect for SOP. From my understanding the vehicle was always a 2008. It just will not be an early 2008 as I was originally lead to believe. If timing holds it should be out in less than 2 years.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I previously posted this in the wrong place. I have an 05 CTS with 13,000 miles. My wife drives it and I seldom drive it. I drove it for the first time in a long time and I could not believe the roaring of the tires. The car runs quiet and it is very annoying. The tires are not running out of alignment. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what did you do about it?
  • sensatsensat Posts: 2
    I am on my second battery and my car is going on it's fouth straight week in the shop. They can't seem to figure it out. I've had my car towed out of my garage three times already. My car has also died out three different times while driving and they have no answer for it. Cadillac corporate and the dealership are not much help and pretty indifferent to my situation.
  • sensatsensat Posts: 2
    My 2004 CTS has died out 3 different times while driving. The dealership has no explanation for it. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    I posted a message with a temporary fix for this problem shortly after the one that you replied to. The TSB is out on this one. I don't remember the TSB #, and no longer have a copy of it. The problem is in the dimmer switch. If you place it in the full dim position the battery will not loose its charge. They explained that if you leave in the full bright position (just before the courtesy lights engage), one computer stays on and will not allow the others in the system to rest, and this kills the battery.

They have not completed the fix for this yet, but one is in the works. I now make sure that my switch is in the closed position when I get out of the car, and the battery hasn't died since. They are going to contact me when they find a suitable redisign for the dimmer switch. In the mean time they told me to just make sure the switch is closed when I'm not using the car. I hope this works for you.

thebug...
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,310
    Thanks for a most helpful post.
  • still has the projector beam headlamps. I think the CTS looks abit better than the STS in this regard, they look like futuristic eyes rather than the albeit nice looking lamps in the STS.

Other cars like the 350Z and Mazda three also have lamps liek this and i think it adds to there appeal. I would say the CTS is the most futuristic looking car currently in the GM lineup.

I really hope they bump up horsepower for the next model. GM needs to beat out lexus or... at least match them. Lexus put everyone to shame with that 300hp V6. No matter what the EPA says, that engine will not get good mpg lol, less that a V8 though.

Does anyone own a 2006 CTS with the new interrior and transmission shifter? I was wondering how you liked it, b/c a review in Car and Driver trashed the interrior even though they put more wood into it. I think it looks great, I alwayse liked the look of the interrior. When it came out there was nothing like the CTS on the market, inside and out. Now its even better. I was just wondering if anyone actually has one and could tell us about it.
  • So... I was in the car just parking up and drove past a black CTS here in England! I've seen billboards with Cadillac's being advertise here and i think the models that are coming here are the XLR, CTS, SRX and the STS. I was expecting when i walked past the CTS to find that it was like most American cars here and be left hand drive. However, it was right hand drive.
    I had a quick look inside and it wa black leather with the navigation system too. I didn't think much of it, i think that something like a Audi A4/A6 is a lot better inside.
    If you're looking to buy one of these... what else would you consider?
  • Mercedes C, BMW 3, and if you have it there, the infiniti G35 and Lexus IS 350.

TO me, the mercedes drops out right off the bat b/c here it is just too expensive and small. The BMW ride is great but quality would make be think twice. The infiniti is like a discount CTS with a bit more power. The interrior in the CTS though I liek more and the CTS blows it away in the looks dept. IMO.

The Lexus is a different story, it has way more power but it looks to be small like the Mercedes C. I heard the rear seat room is really lacking. Not one of these cars really have a great rear seat, but the Cadillac and the G35 are the best.

Personally I like all the wood in the center stack, and I think this should have been availableform the beginning. I guarantee you that nothing looks like the CTS here or there, from what I have seen of BMW MB and Audi.

I do not think that Audi is even worth considering b/c the A4 has a horrible rear seat, and more power unlike the lexus to compensate. Although if you want to be annonymous the audi is ok. I do not think anyone who bought a CTS wants to be annonymous.
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    First of all, I would love to have the opportunity to drive my CTS through England's beautiful country side. The handling characteristics of the CTS are choice for the roads there. As a preivious poster mentioned, it would really stand out in the crowd, and that's for sure.

I like it particularly for the size, looks, the breakdown of available options, and the price. BTW, what does a CTS sell for there? Other things I learned to love about the car after I bought and drove it. The Bose sound system bathes you in music, the controls are ergonomically sound.

I did mention the handling characteristics, if not, they are awesome, the seats are comfortable, the OnStar system, it's the only new car I've owned that doesn't squeak and rattle at three years old, the service has been very good (that's very important), and of course, it's a Cadillac.

In your case it's a foreign car, and if it's like anywhere else in the world, people like things from other parts of the world because they are different. I doubt that you'd be disappointed if you drove one. At any cost, it's surely worth a closer look.

thebug...
  • On a CTS V -- I would like to put on new tires that last longer, are not self inflating and are less expensive to replace when replacement is needed. Also, the concept of having a full sized, ready to go spare tire has great appeal to me. Is there anyone out there with experience in this area. I would like to hear from you.

Thanks.
  • I have a 2006 CTS, and at night, there is not enough light to insert the key into the ignition lock. Cadillac needs to design a lighted ignition cylinder like Lincoln. This is my only complaint of the car at this point.
  • The CTS starts at £24 850 - £29 850. I rad a lot of car magazines hear and Cadillac and the CTS have been advertised in them a lot. Heres a review from a website http://www.whatcar.com/RoadTest_quickSearchResult.asp?cboQSMake=51&cboQSModel=25288&hidBod- ies=2&hidSearchType=quicksearch&hidQSNewUsed=1
    Its a magazines site and one where Cadillac advertise quite a bit. Theres a TV show here called Top Gear and when they test drove the CTS-V, they took it to the Nuburgring in Germany where Cadillac actually used that track to develop the suspension, and they said it was the first Cadillac/American car that can go around a corner!!

In terms of its price, Vs compact exec cars e.g. 3 series, its more, but compared to larger exec cars e.g. 5 series its cheaper.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    It IS right hand drive ! Is the car assembled in the
    US as a RHD car then exported?
  • A modified version of BBC's TopGear is also broadcast in the United States on the Discovery Channel. It's broadcast without the news and chat sections and has new studio segments filmed specifically for the north american audience. It's currently on hiatus but hopefully it will reappear on Discovery Channel's schedule in the near future.
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    You better check that a full size spare tire and wheel will fit in the hole in the trunk. I doubt it.

I have a regular CTS and it has V-rated tires. They wear pretty quickly. That is the price you pay for sharp handling. To put on S-rated tires, that last much longer, would mean a handling and braking penalty, not to mention issues with high speed durability. That would be foolish for a CTS-V, which goes like hell. You may not have control over who drives it and how fast. As for crippling the handling and braking potential of that car with crappy tires, I think that's a crime, but it is still America, the land of the free.

There is not a tire shop in the country that would install tires that are not appropriate for your car, for liability reasons. You may be able to buy the right size tires that are not runflats, but you better have the spare situation figured out.
  • where did you get that name? Usually skinheads use it b/c of the Nazi affiliation thats why i'm asking :surprise:

its a good think Cadillacs are making it globally again. It will play a big part in resurrecting the prestige of the brand.

And yes, it is very prestigious.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    The full size spare had better fit in the well, otherwise what do you do with the blown tire until you can get it repaired or replaced? :confuse:
  • Theres a new series coming on Sunday 13th. I think itll be over there soon after!
    The first show is the Porsche 991 (997), Aston Martin DB9 and the new BMW M6 tested in the Isle Of Man!! So i read in the TV listings anyway!
    Evok, geo9, Cadillac, anybody, HELP!!

I had my heart set and my mind made up that the next generation CTS was going to be mine... then I saw those awful pictures of the new front end. What are they thinking, don't they know the old adage, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Well I'm here to say to anyone who wants to listen, if that's what it looks like when it comes out I'll be making a choice between the IS350 and the TL.

Does anyone else feel the way I do?
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    Where did you see the front end? The picture geo9 linked to showed only the side and rear.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    There is another front end pic at another Cadillac
    forum site. (Can't post a link to another forum tho. because a nastygram from the host will arrive).

The headlights sweep/bend up the fenders sorta like
    the new DTS.................
    The hole may be large enough to fit the diameter, but it is not necessarily deep enough to fit a full-width spare. That makes it necessary to give up some trunk space. This is very common with today's cars.
    I couldn't be farther from a skinhead/nazi. How do you know about such things?

The name comes from the profile of my other car, made by a German company, which I think resembles a panzer tank. Yes, I am quite familiar with WW2 lore.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    This is sounding like a conversation that has nothing to do with why we're here, so let's just stick to the CTS and not get into any trouble ...
    The picture I saw is in another segment of this forum under 2007 CTS. Check it out, it is truly ugly. I think I can live with the lower sweeping roof line that geo9 showed but the artist rendition of the front end is just godawful ugly. Why do they want to mess with something after it has yaken at least two decades to get them to design a decent looking car.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    While the picture may be an accurate depiction, it is an artists conception. What actually goes into production may be different. I think it looks OK. The current "snowplow" front end styling is not good or bad.