Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• Are all cadillac dealerships a part of GM Buy Power? The reason I ask, is because I have a small caddy dealership (Alpine cadillac in Brooklyn) 1/2 a mile away and its not listed on the Buy Power site.
  • You mentioned a couple of times that there were no DOC fees with the Gm in the Driveway certificate. I looked on the site and couldn't find any information on that. Where did you see that? I need some ammunition just in case the dealer hassles me about that.
  • Do I have to pay taxes on the sale price - trade in of the vehicle or the total sale price in NY if I trade in my car? I'm just trying to figure out if its worth it to trade in or just sell to a private party.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Great article. The V just makes mouth water.
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    Some dealers are NOT on GM Buypower..sad but true.
    Some dealers will NOT do GM employee/family, coupon deals either. They don't have too.
    Last year NO dealer near me would do GM deal on a new CTS, So I got a new Deville instead......BUMMER! I wanted one BAD!

The dealer Gen. mgr. will show you the GM "rule book" on employee/retiree purchases as far as adv. fee and DOC fee.
    I paid NO DOC ($40 max. in NY) on my Deville last year. Neither did my cousins who just purchased a T-B and a Vibe with the family deal.

IN NY.. tax is computed on sale price, minus trade (if any).....Then rebate (if any), loyalty bonus, GM card points etc. is deducted
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    I have read in some brochures (most makes) Leather is ONLY on the seating surfaces.
    The rest is just plain ol' vinal (spl)!
    ...........geo
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    I really want that car! And Morris's job. You think he needs an assistant? That is probably the best review of the CTS-V yet. I wonder if one buys a CTS-V if Cadillac will throw in a european "break-in" package similar to the european delivery program the fancy euro brands offer. The european break-in package would include shipping the car to Germany so you could spend a day on the "ring" learning just what all your new baby will do. Heck, I'd pay for the hotel room if they did that:) Better yet, lets build our own version of the ring here in the US. It looks as if we are finally going to have some cars that are perfectly capable of tackling it.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    He is too busy driving around the 'Ring to hang out with us!
    Huge class action lawsuit back around 1984.
    Customer found out that Nissan was only putting leather on the seating surface. Everything else was vinyl. Nissan lost.

Since then most automakers are using embossed vinyl everywhere else on the seat.
    And have to disclose that.
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    You have to take a course to be in Buy Power, maybe your dealer hasn't completed it yet. I'm still working on it myself, just got here a week ago.

You can still contact the dealer via their website as long as they have one.
    Did you guys notice the cooling fins on the differential housing?
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    maybe no euro-delivery package but I'm sure you drive the new CTSv all over Detroit if you want to.......
  • jemillerjemiller Posts: 183
    I think I need to go apply for that apprentice tire-duster job at GMPD.

Skip-shift? Hopefully there'll be a skip-shift-killer plug released about fifteen minutes after the V-car hits the showrooms.

Nivomat? Say it isn't so...IIRC it's been an expensive, dubiously-reliable PITA on just about everything it's ever been on. I'd have sooner seen GMPD spend the money on some adjustable thigh bolsters on the seats, or something other than a pedal-type parking brake - the whole world of CTS-V driving country isn't Midwest-flat.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    It seems like the CTS is being produced in sufficent # for an aftermarket market . I havent seen to much . Am I missing something ?
  • mbdalembdale Posts: 4
    I AM INTERESTED TO LEARN IF THERE ARE ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THE 2003 CTS.

MOST NEW FIRST YEAR AUTOMOBILES HAVE SEVERAL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS THAT ARE USUALLY FIXED FOR THE SECOND YEAR MODEL.

PLEASE ADVISE.
    Could you please repeat your post, I had the stereo on and couldn't hear you.

Just kidding.

Leaks into the floorboards.
    Clocks not synching.

Whatelse guys?
  • automoleautomole Posts: 154
    SOME OWNERS HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT A LEAKING REAR LICENSE BEZEL AND PROBLEMS WITH THE GAS FILLER TUBE. THERE ALSO IS THE OBVIOUS ISSUE WITH THE SEAT LEATHER STRETCHING (IF YOU'VE READ THE RECENT POSTS) AND A RECALL CONCERNING THE NEED TO CHECK THE TORQUE ON A COUPLE OF THE STEERING BOLTS. THE MOST UNIQUE AND ANNOYING PROBLEM IS THE EFFECT THE CTS HAS ON FUTURE CANADIAN OWNERS IN WHICH IT FORCES THEM TO TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY.

I DON'T THINK ANY OF THE PROBLEMS SHOULD SCARE A PERSON AWAY FROM PURCHASING A 2003...MOST ARE MINOR PROBLEMS THAT CAN EASILY BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY.
  • eaton53eaton53 Posts: 356
    "MOST ARE MINOR PROBLEMS THAT CAN EASILY BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY."

Or, by simply locating the caps lock... :-)