Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica

Comments

• cb70cb70 Posts: 226
    as a 2004 model year vehicle. Thank you for your interest.

That's the answer I got in an e-mail from Stephanie Willet-Senior Staff Representive DaimlerChrysler Information Center.
  • They can't build it fast enough.
  • svevarsvevar Posts: 160
    There's a nice article about the Pacifica in the March 2002 issue of Motor Trend. They see it as Chrysler's return to the "upper middle class" and its "premium brand" roots. I showed some pictures of the Pacifica to kids at my high school and many liked it and thought it would be successful. This seems to be a good sign, that young Americans can appreciate a Chrysler product. I can't wait for the Pacifica...
  • logic1logic1 Posts: 2,433
    Hey. I went to the Chicago Auto Show hoping to see a Pacifica, only to learn it had been sent up to Canada. Apparently that is where it will be made and Chrysler wanted to show it at the Toronto Show to honor its country of origin. Guess I have to wait until one hits the dealer.
  • I went to the show in Chicago this past weekend and was also disappointed to find that the Pacifica wasn't there. Does anybody know if there are any other pre-production showings scheduled in the midwest?
    I also found that the MB GST wasn't there either. I was told by an MB rep that I was the only one to ask why it wasn't at the show. Maybe there isn't as much of a desire for the Pacifica and GST type of crossover vehicle as we thought.
  • cb70cb70 Posts: 226
    I am very interested in the Pacifica myself and live in Iowa.
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    for more information on the Pacifica, come check out some other Upcoming Station Wagons & Crossovers. Happy motoring!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
  • I have a nagging feeling that pricing may be the limiting factor on this, a machine that matches the mood of the times so well. Make it a competitive bargain, Chrysler, and stand out of the way of the stampede. If you get uppity with luxury pricing, you lose.
  • Based upon the few pictures I have seen of it, it looks like a cross between my old 1975 Rabbit and a Caravan on steroids with some type of imitation Cadillac grille. At least the specs sound pretty good.
  • music287music287 Posts: 116
    The Pacifica was on a display turntable at the Cleveland Auto Show. We've owned four Chrysler minivans, currently an awd T&C. Now that the kids are almost grown, the Pacifica appeals to us as having 90% of the utility of a minivan with, I'd estimate a $5K lower price and nice styling. Of course, the full glass roof won't make it into production but, the awd, f/r discs, two rows of heated seats, and electric hatch will. As a loyal Chrysler minivan owner, I plan to offer my dealer $1.5K less than msrp (whatever it is) to try to get one of the first ones delivered this coming January. (Do you think a dealer would be willing to structure a deal like this?) To me, it looks like a winner...
  • porknbeansporknbeans Posts: 464
    I think you answered your own question. I too think that the Pacifica will be a winner and therefore will be at MSRP for as long as Chrysler can keep it there. Loyalty to a brand in the car biz IMO doesn't go very far with the dealer. If you're willing to wait a few months after release I think there will definitely room to negotiate.

I didn't know that they would be coming in January. I went to the Chicago show hoping to see it and it wasn't there.
  • This morning on LIVE a reporter from USAToday said this was the first time the Pacifica was seen in public. However, we all know the Pacifica was unveiled in concept form at Detroit earlier this year. Anyway, I think what they meant was the production version is going to be unveiled in NY this week.

What they showed on LIVE was somewhat different than the concept that I saw in Detroit in January. One thing I noticed was the lack of turn signal indicators in the side mirrors and a somewhat different looking front bumper. Hard to tell with the camera angles. The interior did not have the full length moon roof either but had the DVD system.

Hopefully more pictures will come out this week form NY.
    Nice info, I hope that more comes out of the NY show.

My question is....WHY were you watching Regis and Kelly? :)
  • I saw one of their commercial for what was on this week. And they said (as they did last year) they would be premiering new autos this week b/c of the NY auto show.

Believe it or not I even recorded it in case I missed it from work. Anyway I just watched that segment again. Also I've noticed that Chrysler modified the headlights and did away, as expected, with the 19" rims and dual exhaust. Interior seems pretty much the same.

Weick.com should have new pictures up this week.
    I'll let it go this time and ah, by the way....can I get a copy? Just don't tell anybody.

Honestly, I'll be scouring Weick for pics. Thanks for the info.
    Go to Wieck.com and under the public section enter "Pacifica".
  • Just saw the new pix's at wieck. I really don't like the black on the front facia and sides. Usually the reason for this is to make a car appear smaller than it really is. I like the concept version better. But I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. But next Spring? That's a long time. Unless this car was just getting of the ground when we saw it in Detroit.
    I'm suprised at how much larger it looks than the concept. I agree that I would want that dark bottom piece to be the same color. To me it's almost like that dark portion is calling attention to the size of the vehicle.

Now if it's just fun to drive.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,430
    It looks like Mercedes is bringing over (to the U.S.) one of their advanced common rail diesel engines in the new E-class. I think the Pacifica would be a perfect fit for this engine. Imagine all the room of a Pacifica with the economy of a Neon.

This diesel is no slouch either!
    2.685cc - 5 cylinder - 20V
    Common-rail injection
    Power: 170 bhp @ 4200 rpm
    Torque: 273 ft-lbs @ 1800-2800 rpm
    0-60 mph: 8.9 seconds
    Top Speed: 143 mph

Unfortunately gluttony seems to be sexier than efficiency these days(except when talking about super models) so I am sure this will never happen. But it is nice to dream.
    How about if AMG gets a hold of one, or the new tuning division of Dodge/Chrysler. Personally, with this type of vehicle I'd rather if it were AMG. Either way the appeal of the vehicle is certainly there as long as Daimler/Chrysler can maintain a high quality level and good fit and finish.
    I just read at Automotive News that the Pacifica will be standard with a 4-speed automatic. Granted it will be an autostick but IMO a 4-speed auto seems outdated for this type of vehicle and in this day and age. Too bad.
  • I really like this thing, but its CRYING for wood paneling, like the new PTCruiser.
    Here's another link to a fairly organized and compact synopsis on the vehicle.

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2004/v2kmdl6473ovw.html

• svevarsvevar Posts: 160
    I saw the Pacifica last Friday and I must say it looks even better in person than in pictures. It looks less "wagon-like" when you see it up close. The interior is also very nicely done. If you go to www.chrysler.com you can request a brochure. I think (and hope) Chrysler has a hit on its hands...