Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Charger 2006+

Comments

• bee7bee7 Posts: 15
    RT with Road/Track Performance Group , not Daytona.

Don't find the Daytona attractive, can't stand the colors, but that's me.

Road/Track Performance brings RT to same HP, extra 10, with slightly better handling of the Daytona.
  • heinzh2heinzh2 Posts: 49
    Good point ... I would have to see the GoMango color again in person, as well as the color used on the center console. But what I did like was the color of the leather seating, and the GoMango color stitching that was used ... a nice touch. Otherwise, I'm not too sure what color I would go with ... but the black is looking mighty nice ... coming from someone that does not like black cars!
  • jimhemijimhemi Posts: 223
    Saw a few Chargers on the road. I came up on what I thought was a Stratus and as I went by it I noticed the "High Beltline" and truck Grill in my rear view mirror and knew what I had just passed. As for the "10 Extra HP" that the Road and Track performance package nets you, I would just get the R/T with the Hemi and buy a nice aftermarket exhaust from Borla and gain 25+HP not to mention the better sound and durability of an all stainless steel system with a lifetime warranty. Prices for the Magnum/300C Borla Exhaust are around $700 and some change. Seems like a better bargain considering that the Road and Track Package is so much more of an option. The way they make up the 10HP difference is the "resonator" on the exhaust is slightly less restrictive. Reality is that you pay more for the Road and Track Performance package for the 2mm bigger front sway bar. Seems like an awful lot to pay for 2mm more in sway bar diameter and questionable gains in horse power. Buy the R/T +HEMI+Borla exhaust+ a chip from Jet Performance, and an Intake Kit and touching 400HP doesn't seem unrealistic. :shades:
    For those into numbers, the Ram, has 350HP and the Jeep Grand Cherokees, Durangos, Dakotas, Magnum/C have 330-340 HP? The new generation crate HEMI is advertised as having 360HP! (Look it up on the Mopar website) Seems like some under-rating going on here folks to avoid liability issues. Does any one remember the class action lawsuit that Cobra Mustang owners brought on a few years ago for HP numbers not being what they where advertised to be? For those that want to understand this, the Viper makes 500HP. All engines are hand built and some make more then 500HP. To avoid an issue like Ford had, Dodge simply says it makes 500HP and if you got the one that make a little more then grin, smile and burn some rubber.
    I don't like black either, but it does look good, same with red, which is also not one of my favorites.

Now salespeople, only want you to buy what they have in the lot, but, hey, color
    is important!!!!

Yellow or Orange don't do it for me.

So RT with Road/Track option looks like the way to go.
    Actually for me the Road /Track Performance Group biggest piece is it has better
    handling!!!!

This from Edmunds review:
    For about $1,500 you can add the Road/Track Performance Group to a Charger R/T and you'll save about $1,000 versus the Daytona. Essentially, you get the Daytona's 10 extra hp, its firmer suspension, self-leveling shocks and larger performance tires without its crazy colors, decals and spoiler.
    On the twists and turns of the Virginia International Raceway, the Dodge Charger Daytona wasn't as rewarding a drive as we predicted. In that very demanding environment, the Daytona felt soft and simply oversized. Fling the Charger Daytona through an "S" turn at speed and its weight is obvious. It handles well enough, but at over 4,000 pounds, the Charger R/T doesn't come off as a nimble sport sedan.

The only problem I have is the Charger is big and heavy, and after test driving the new BMW 330i, well the Charger is not in same league.

The Road/Teack package helps, but only a little. Wonder how much better the SRT will be?
  • I special ordered a Stone White Dodge Charger SE seven weeks ago and still have not received it. My Dodge dealer told me that they have yet to :cry: :cry: build a Stone White car yet. Is this true? How soon do you think it will be before I can get my car? I want my Charger!! :cry:
  • Anyone here that bought a Charger buy a Stone White one? Just curious. I have one on order now for seven weeks and my dealer said that Dodge has yet to even BUILD a Stone White one. Thanks
  • aab4aab4 Posts: 39
    SRT will be better, but it is not going to drive like a BMW.
    Not very many cars do!!!!!

Plus try getting one, you can probably get new 5 series for same price.

I am not that impressed with the handling of the Charger or 300 or Magnum.
    Too big, too heavy, translate into American handling versus German.

Great in straight line, but you can’t get on it in curves.

Too much of a family car, not enough of sport car in my humble opinion.
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Check this site for production delays. http://www.arifleet.com/production.html
  • Thanks hayneldan. I'm going to call Dodge this a.m. Don't know what is up with just the white not being produced. I even have a red on order. Whatever comes first. Just tired of waiting. Thanks again for the information.
  • jimhemijimhemi Posts: 223
    For all of the hicks, wanna be hicks, and fans of the show, this place will make you a 2 door Charger complete with the decals.
    If I had the money I might have them make me the 2 Door in Hemi Orange without the redneck accessories.
    Click on the "General" and you will be taken to the site where there are about 90+ detailed pictures of how they take apart and make you a 2006 01

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000943052460/
  • Hello Jimhemi,

The Road/Track Performance Group gets you A LOT more than just 10 extra HP. The package gets you Performance seats with perforated Preferred Suede® inserts, Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control, heated front seats, power 8-way driver’s and 8-way front-passenger seats, performance steering, performance suspension, power adjustable pedals, load-leveling and height-control shocks, and P235/55R18 BSW AS performance tires. So you’re not paying for just a bigger sway bar and HP gains. While on the topic of Horse Power; the extra 10HP is gained from a specially tuned intake, the Dodge Charger R/T and the Charger R/T with the Road/Track Performance Group have the same exhaust. It’s only the Charger Daytona R/T that gains a different exhaust from the Charger R/T. This is what gives the Daytona its unique exhaust note.

You also mentioned the differences in horse power between the Ram (345HP), Jeep Grand Cherokee (335HP), Durango (335HP), Dakota (HEMI engine is not offered in the Dakota), Magnum R/T (340HP), and 300C (340HP). The horse power in all these vehicles vary for the same reason that there is an increase in horse power in the Charger R/T with the Road/Track Group and the Daytona R/T. They all have different intakes and exhausts which affect their horse power output.

Thanks,

John B.
  • frnkrzzofrnkrzzo Posts: 87
    all these specs and information is pretty much unnecessary. i mean, at the end of the day, it's still a dodge. at least they're not basing everything on the aries "k" platform anymore, i guess. buy one of these land barges so i can show you the three and a half inch holes making the sound effects as i pass you with my far more attractive, far cheaper, and far faster mustang. dodge. ha!
    i forgot.....far more fuel efficient too. matter of fact, my mustang is a low emissions vehicle, so those fumes you'll be sucking shouldn't stink. i guess thats the best thing about a "hemi" car - mustang exhaust doesnt stink. good work, dodge!
  • The new Mustangs might look pretty, but they are slow. Come on, the 4.0 V6 is an old slow engine that Ford has kept for many years without much altering. Same goes for their slow as a snail V8 4.6 liter engine. You have got to be kidding me if you actually think a 2005 Mustang is going to pass a 2006 Charger R/T. I'm laughing already. :D
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Ford better ramp up production of the Mustang, because for June they sold 14,470 (6 & 8 cylinder) and DC sold 20,322 Chargers, 300's & Magnums (6&8 cylinder)
  • batistabatista Posts: 159
    05 Mustang V8 automatic versus 06 Charger Hemi would be very close in 0-60mph times. The mustang is 500 lbs lighter and it too has a 5 speed automatic not like the 04.
    first off, i wasn't exactly referring to the v-6. i reviewed last months issue of motortrend. listed 14.1 sec 1/4 mile run in an r/t? am i missing something? the mustang runs mid to high 13s stock. mine would be leaning a bit toward the mid to lower 13s i would think. it's not exactly stock, but i've never had it at the track. maybe motortrends time would have been better than the mustang if luke duke would have been driving. then again, this thing doesnt even look like a charger. i can picture in my mind the engineers at chrysler coming up with this one. "lets uglify the chrysler 300....drop our powerfull, inefficient hemi (though i doubt anyone alive still knows what hemi means)......and call it a charger in time for the dukes of hazzard movie to be out. brother, 2 years from now, this crate will be out of production. at that point, i'll be passing obsolete ugly hemi powered cars with no problem at all. by the way, i paid 25400 for mine. thats what, about 10k less than an r/t. other than being faster and cheaper, chicks dig it too. better luck next time.
    i did a little more research to dispute your rediculous argument. last months car and driver results....

350 hp charger (dont know where youre getting the 400 from unless your talking about the upcomming srt)

35500 price as tested.

14.2 sec 1/4 mile. thats a full 1/2 second slower than the most conservative results on the mustang.

5.6 second 0-60. .2 slower than a mustang

car and driver also did indeed confirm that this dodge is ugly.

i know you're about to write something stoopid like "ya, but the srt 8 will be faster than a mustang gt. of course, i hope it would be being at least 15000 more expensive. then again, theres always the matter of the shelby mustang. in any case, make sure you pay for yours in cash so when we race for pink slips a la the dukes of hazzard, i wont end up oweing chrysler financial money on one of their rediculous finance schemes.

the new 2006 dodge charger.....theres no cure for ugly.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,887
    car and driver also did indeed confirm that this dodge is ugly.

Do you really need someone else to tell you what looks good?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

This discussion has been closed.