Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Charger 2006+

Comments

• xtecxtec Posts: 354
    All right,i'm glad you found it.Thats not a bad price.You will be very happy when you get it installed.The Chrome tips looks good,and the car has a more muscle look to it.I hope you can get it installed at a good price.Let me know when its done.Good Luck.
  • batistabatista Posts: 159
    I just received the mopar/borla order from UPS and will have it installed tomorrow. I was told one hour labor which will cost $95.

I had my oil changed yesterday with Quaker State full synthetic 10W30 which the 3.5L requires. Now my car idles at approx. 750 rpms and before it used to idle at 600 rpms.
    I don't have the AC on and yet it still higher even after the car is fully warmed.
    Do you know why that is?
    xtec-Have you had the transmission leak?
    Mine started last week after I noticed a small puddle at work. Its a minor fix and took 30 mins at the dealership.
    After the fix I still had a few drops this morning.
    I guess the tech didn't clean the transmission pan.
    Thats where mine idles at,750.I don't know how long you waited since your last oil change,but it shows me that your engine is breaking in,and has less resistance which is good.Synthetic is suppose to have better lubrication then standard oil.I use regular oil from the dealer,but I have it changed every 3 months,and it has about 500 to 700 miles on the change.Wow you got your system fast.$95 is not bad deal.Let me know how you like it,Good luck again.
    I haven't seen any leaks on my floor yet,but will have the dealer look at that on my next oil change.Thanks for giving me the heads up.
    Mopar dual exhaust has been installed and sounds good.
    No exhaust sound when your foot is off the gas pedal which I like.
    Haven't taken it past 2500rpms and while stopping can smell the stainless steel heating/burning.
    Later tonight will see how it sounds at higher rpms. Traffic is kind of heavy right now.

Charger only has 4500 miles and the idle is back down in the 600rpms.
    No problem. Once in a while check the ground of your driveway.

Thanks for your help with the exhaust questions.
    I change my engine oil twice a year with synthetic because 4 times a year with dino oil is too often with only 7000 miles of driving per year.
    I'm glad you finally have your duals.It will get a little louder when you get more miles and break it in.But like I said before once your in 5th cruising there is no noise.I have only a couple hundred more miles on my Charger then you.I don't know why your idle did that,but mine is on 750.I hope your happy with it,and enjoy your ride.I'm happy to help out all I can with any questions you may have.
    batista-
    How do you like your Exhaust so far?I hope it what you hoped it would be.I have to correct myself on my RPMs.Mine is close to yours.Its in between the 500 line and 750.So its around I would guess about 600 to 700RPMs.I looked on the label under the hood,But it didn't show specs for RPM.
    I'm sure yours is correct.
    Its louder up to 4000 rpms and then it sounds the same as stock. I noticed some buzzing from the inside around the dash when I have it around 3000rpms.
    The look is much better than the sound especially since all chargers have the cutout on the left side and looks kind of stupid to have nothing there.
    Thanks for asking.
  • Personally, I drive a black Dodge Charger SE and am absolutely obsessed with all things Dodge Charger related.

For those drive who dodges and love NASCAR check this out:

Ryan Newman, driver of the No.12 Alltel Dodge has his own podcast on alltel.com. On it, Newman talks about the handling of his NASCAR car of tomorrow, the Dodge Avenger and the current car, the Dodge Charger.

It's really cool to hear from someone who drives nearly 200 mph in a completely revved up version of my car! If you’re interested tune into the weekly alltel racing podcast or watch a race there's only 17 left!
    :shades:
    Chrysler just came out with a lifetime powertrain warranty for '07 and '08 on most models.This is for the first buyer only,and can't be transfered.This is a pretty good deal.I wish they had that when I bought my Charger.
  • garywgaryw Posts: 116
    I test drove a 300 and Charger today in hopes of loving one of them. The steering wheel in both cars seemed to be located off-center towards the left. My natural driving position (i.e. centered) could not be accomplished. It drove me crazy. I kept thinking the steering wheel needed to be moved about 1.5 inches to the right.

Any owners out there feel the same way? Or has anyone else noticed this?
    I had my Charger for almost 2 years,and not once have I ever thought that the steering wheel was off centered.Its seems the same as every car I owned.Maybe you should try again and it wasn't because you weren't familiar with the car.I can tell you these cars are great cars.These are the best Chrysler ever made in my opinion.I been buying Mopars for 37 years.Thats what I base my opinion on.If you been driving front wheel drive for years, it will take time to get use to the rear wheel drive.Once you do, use will be satisfied.
  • i own a 2006 dodge charger daytona r/t hemi , very fast i may add. red and black its # 370 of 2000 made. i bought it with 4 miles on it it has 4000 mi. now thats driving to and from carshows only..very confortble , auto 5 speed.
    i also own a 1969 potiac lemans convertible, its my favorite, i also own a 1989 pontiac gta convertible, with lt1 350 auto.
  • i purchased a 06 dodge charger new in 06 , with 4 miles,it has 4000 now. it stayes in the garage except for car shows, it has won alot of trophies, red and black daytona #370 of 2000, i bought it for investment not to put any miles on it but i couldnt stand it, i had to drive it. thinking about buying the new challenger, because i like the 2 door , it brings back the 60s and 70s.
  • rysterryster Posts: 471
    Unfortunately these cars will not have the same investment potential as the old Mopars. Dodge has built over 14,000 Charger Daytonas since 2006. Granted, the TorRed only accounts for 2,000 of those, but the Daytona itself is not a rare thing. I was behind a Plum Crazy Daytona (only 1,400 of those) last week in morning traffic, and regularly see GoManGo and Top Banana Daytonas.

Maybe in 40 or 50 years, fully restored from the ground up to better than new condition, it may fetch more than it cost new. But that is a long time to wait to find out. It is going to depreciate substantially before it ever starts gaining value back.

The best thing to do is to drive it and enjoy it and not worry about what it will be worth as an investment :)
  • picking up my steel blue rt on monday.should i go for the tinted windows.should the front tint be lighter then the back?what about a spoiler,i would appreciate any help
  • I have a 2007 Dodge Charger. When changing the oil, you must first remove a shield to get to the oil pin and filter. Does anyone know what that is called? I need to try and find that part on the net so i dont have to pay a huge repair cost with the dealer.
    The Charger A winner at Daytona 500,'08.I hope this a good year for Charger in Nascar.Good Job.
This discussion has been closed.