Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus SVT

1141516171820»

Comments

• I recently purchased an '04 SVT, totally stock, with 33,000 miles on it. I really enjoy it, but for one unsettling problem: The exhaust header pipes contact the surface with even the slightest road depression at any speed other than very slow. Worse yet is that they really slam onto uneven surfaces on the freeway (uneven overpass crossings) at speed. The right strut bottoms out if I'm not really careful of my speed at bumps or depressions. In W. LA I had S. Bay Ford (nearest designated "authorized SVT" dealership) check out the front struts and they said that they were OK and offered no explanation. The headers are clearly dented at the down to rear bend. Are they really this vulnerable and are the struts really that easy to bottom out? Hope someone can help me out?
  • Hi,

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me last week.....Get ready for the scenario.
    I had just filled up my SVT and hopped back into the car to start it up and......Nothing. It would turn and turn and turn but not turn over. So, I trying kick starting it and that wouldn't do a thing. My guess was bad gas, so I got a new Fuel Filter and replaced it....Nothing. After it was towed off to the dealership, they said that a Cam sensor went bad. When they put a new one in, that went bad as well. This they traced to the flywheel. Get this, after dropping the tranny to get to the flywheel, they're saying the Crankshaft is loose. It's one after another leading up to this. So, my company that I bought an extended warranty from when I bought the SVT brand new is flying in to assess the repair and if they give the nod, I'll get a remaunfactured engine to replace this one. I've got 90,000 on it and have never experienced something like this with any vehicle before.....My deductible is $50.....And that turned out to be a blessing.......Almost forgot. When I first bought the car I had a vicious problem with stalling, which mysteriously went away. I was 400 miles out of town on a Labor Day weekend and it started stalling for no reason at all, but I could start it right up again. I limped it home by driving it 1-2 miles and then having to shift into neutral to avoid the stall. Imagine having to do this from Lubbock to Albuquerque. Then, when i got it home, the dealer couldn't trace it.
    After that.....I've never had this problem happen again.
    I feel bad for the dealer in the sense that not only do they have to sell the vehicle, they have to know how to repair them. Fun car.....A few Gremlins. Just like having an Alfa, which I also have. So I guess I'm accustomed to mechanic problems.......Hope this helps.
  • Just stopped by to check out the Focus SVT forum. Back in '03 I was torn between getting the Focus SVT and the MINICooperS. I went for the CooperS. No regrets so far. How are the SVT's holding up? :shades:
  • i Hvae had the same problems. And they continued. I used my extended warranty to fix it the first time. now it happened again... I am going to use the extended warranty again. but just wondering if there is any other way that the problem would stop denting... it's pretty annoying when each time it happens my O2 Sensor get's knocked... did you figure out anything?
  • I have an 2002 SVT Focus with 86000 miles on it. I was wondering how may miles can I expect to get out of this car and if it's worth re-placing the clutch and keeping the car or.... do I unload it now.What should I expect to pay for a clutch and install labor. :confuse:
  • It doesnt even want to talk about anything under 3,000 rpm's its an onery little S.O.B. my ford focus SVT! ;)
  • It depends on how much you love the car. But if it was me I would have to weigh my love of the car with how much it cost to repair it. It cost $425 and up to replace your clutch....small price to pay if its a car worth keeping.
  • si88si88 Posts: 39
    I'm looking to replace my leased vehicle next month. I have been reading about the Focus SVT and in fact there is one for sale in my area. Here are the details of what is known on the car.

Great Condition, 4 door with hatchback, leather seats, all power with power sunroof, cold A/C, 6-speed getrag manual transmission and strong SVT 4-cylinder engine, 94K highway miles, new front brakes, new 17" z-rated kumho ecsta asx tires, premium sound system with 6-disc in dash cd player and aftermarket satellite radio included.

He is asking $6,000 and says the value is $7,200? What do you think?
  • jakinenjakinen Posts: 1
    i have the same problem, i dont like the idea to put longer struts so i just slow down.
  • hello did you find out what the problem is with your svt?
    i have the same problem now, the car takes long to turn in the morning.. i think it's the spark plugs. what do you think>?
  • Hello. I hope youll get back to me soon. I have the same problem with my svt focus. Were you ever able to get this resolved? Thanks
  • Im having the same problem with my car. Were you ever able to get this fixed? Please get back to me soo. Thanks
  • tntssvttntssvt Posts: 2
    I WAS WONDERING EXACTLY WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR SUNROOF. I TOO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SUNROOF. IT WILL NOT CLOSE UNLESS YOU SIT AND CLICK THE CLOSE BUTTON THEN THERE IS AGAP.
  • tntssvttntssvt Posts: 2
    OK I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME COLOR AND EVERYTHING. I HAVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS. WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR DOOR HANDLES. MY DRIVER DOOR LATCH BROKE FROM THE INSIDE AND THE PASSENGER ONE IS VERY HARD TO OPEN. ANOTHER IS THE SUNROOF WONT CLOSE RIGHT. 3RD MY BUTTON TO OPEN BACK HATCH WON'T WORK, NOW TO TOP IT OFF MY WINDOW BROKE. THE BRACKETS AND CABLE THAT HOLD IT BROKE.. ANYONE ELSE HAVING ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS OR KNOW IF ANYTHING HAS BEEN RECALLED? THANKS
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Posts: 50
    Jeez... feeling pretty good about my '03 SVT EAP. Just turned 70k with no significant issues so far. Original clutch, brakes, etc. Rear wheel alignment is sensitive, cups the rears on the inside if not perfect. Sure wish it had more torque down low, pulling away on the slightest incline with A/C running is dicey, at best. Otherwise, I've been happier with this than my '00 GTI VR6 which seemed to always have something flaky going on with it. Miss the smooth, torquey 6-cylinder however. Wish Ford had continued to refine and update this model instead of the generic looking and driving Focus out now.
  • creakid1creakid1 Posts: 2,032
    Tell Ford to put Mazda3's 2.5 into the next Focus, damn it! What happened after the '07 2.3 ST sedan?
  • My buddy has a Ford Focus SVT (dual overhead cam vin starts with five, year falls between 2000 to 2007) and his transmission is stuck in third but the shifter itself is stuck in fourth. He says that on his way to work this morning that he went to shift from third to fourth and his vehicle remained in third while the shifter went to fourth and would not come out. It also will start in third. Have a Haynes manual and this problem is a little too specific for it or maybe I'm just overlooking the problem. Any help would be appreciated.