Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus IS 350/IS 250 Real World MPG Numbers

2»

Comments

• richey02hgrichey02hg Posts: 69
    hey fl, thanks for the info...thats great mileage!

which IS are you driving?
  • I am getting 29.4 average over 3700 miles based on trip computer. 80% Hwy. IS 250 RWD. Average speed on Hwy 75-80 mph.
  • cc12359cc12359 Posts: 31
    same as mine
    ecp power off
    f its on, it will go down to 19
  • from_flfrom_fl Posts: 113
    Six-speed Automatic.
    Freeway speed 60-80 mph.
  • nrossnross Posts: 13
    I have the IS 250 AWD. My typical drive is mostly suburban with some local traffic and some highway. Its a 40 mile round trip commute. At first I was averaging 23.8 MPG per tank, but after 5000 miles on the odometer I'm getting 24.2 MPG. When gas prices jumped over $3.00 per gallon, I tried my best to increase the mileage. I drove as if the was an egg under my right foot, and tried to coast as much as possible. I turned the airconditioning off. I got a 10% increase in mileage to 26.2 MPG per tankful. Not bad at all. For comparison, my ES 330 (2005) gets about 22 MPG on the same commute. This is interesting as the two cars have similar EPA ratings. However, the ES330 does it on regular fuel, while I put premium as recommended in the IS 250, so the mileage difference is almost a wash( when factoring the price difference of the fuel grades).
  • nrossnross Posts: 13
    I noticed my last post on May 9th stated the mileage as 25.9 MPG when doing a lot of coasting. Since the engine is more broken in, I beat that mark with the 26.2 MPG per tank. Some times its fun to do this. Some times its more fun to put the trans button on power or just shift for yourself and hammer it!
  • I'm getting 19.0 MPG For mostly city driving.

An interesting number that folks might want to post with your MPGs is the average speed the computer says you have been going. Mine is 28 MPH.

I need to get out on the country twisty roads a bit more often!
  • toydrivertoydriver Posts: 227
    I now have apprx. 2200 miles on the odo.
    My average mpg, since new, is 26.1 (combined city/hwy).
    On a single tank of gas I averaged 31.3mpg during a highway trip where I was driving interstate at about 70mph.

On my previous ES300 I was averaging about 21mpg with combined city/hwy driving.

The IS is much more "fun to drive" than the older ES and seems more responsive when accelerating from a stop (despite the lower hp/torque rating).
  • indexcindexc Posts: 8
    I have 7,600 miles on my IS 250 RWD. I have the 18" ISP Wheels. My average has been 28.4 mpg with 75%-85% highway driving at 70-75 mph. I can usually get right around 400 miles per tank.
  • hi..curious as to why you keep refueling when the tank is 17.2 gallons capacity? you were refueling at 13 and 14 - did the fuel light come on? how much gallons do you have when fuel light comes on?

thanks
  • Anyone else with this problem? I got my 250 four days ago. It's now got 114 miles on it. The MPG calculator on the dash is showing that I'm getting an average of 13 MPG! Hello? Is that thing broken or what? i have done only city driving in LA so far, but seriously, my average speed is like 12mph. I think the MPG should be better than 13 MPG. Is it because the engine is new? Could this be because the the dealer did not use premium when they filled it up before i took delivery? i have not filled it up yet. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Jason
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    You need to go through a few tankfuls to get the correct MPG. What you're seeing is the result of the car idling a lot while still at the dealer.
  • carmonkeycarmonkey Posts: 32
    I recently ran 120 miles in my IS350 at an average speed of 110 mph and it got 16.32 mpg.

To answer the inevitable question of where did I average 110 - check out http://www.bborr.com/home.html
  • mrolliemrollie Posts: 1
    My 250 has 4000 miles and has averaged since new 27.0. The current tank (Hess 93) is giving 25.9.

Not bad for a fun little car.
  • Just ran a full tank on the highway, about 340 miles no more than 10 miles in city conditions. Average speed 75 mpg (per the gauge). Fuel economy: 24mpg. THAT seems rather low. Any suggestions? Am using 91 oct. fuel and car has about 1950 miles on it. Got it in March...any thoughts would be appreciated... thanks

Jason
  • nicecarsnicecars Posts: 4
    My IS 250 has average of 22mpg. I have about 50% hwy, 50% local. It is below my expectation caz I used to have a toyota camry, which delivers average of 25mpg for 100,000 miles.
  • carmonkeycarmonkey Posts: 32
    You're still in break-in. Give the car another 2k-3k miles to see a jump in the mileage.
  • jzalkinjzalkin Posts: 56
    I am at 28mpg with 70-80% hwy. I have found that it drops if using cruise control and dips at and above 80 mph.
  • ar39ar39 Posts: 61
    I've observed Sunoco premium gives me a better mpg over other brands of gasoline, with 75% hwy 25% city driving in my 2006 IS250 AWD.

Sunoco 91 - 28.4
    Exxon/Shell 93 - 27.7
    BP 93 - 26+

Measurements were taken in similar driving conditions. Also, these are not dash monitor reading but, miles/distance calculation. The car monitor shows variance of +1.3 miles.
2»
This discussion has been closed.