Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit Wheels and Tires

15678911»

Comments

• pantsdontfitpantsdontfit Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    You could call me a "sensible risk" as I often take note of how tires are wearing, & keep inflations maintained & rotate my own tires often.
    The dealer grade tires my Fit came with were junk, as I expected them to be. I only got about 39,000 miles out of them, before they needed replaced. If I could have found Michelin's that would have fit my Sport model when I purchased tires about 8 months ago, then it would have them on it now instead of Yokohama's.
    On another note I have an old 90 Mazda pickup that is about to turn 300,000 miles. I have a set of Michelin's on it with 107,000 miles on the tires (honest to God), & never have had the wheels aligned since back when the previous set of tires were installed. I have had alignments done in years past where the alignment was better before it had been messed with, & I ended up taking the vehicle back to have it done over.
    I am not against alignments, but one needs to use common sense & pay attention to any abnormal wear patterns.
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,807
    As my buddy who owns a tire/shop garage says, there's no such thing as a perfect alignment. Once the alignment is to spec, regular rotation is definitely the way to go.

I'm with you on the tires that come with new cars. Generally they are NOT the best of the best. 25 - 30K is about all I ever get out of those, but I'll get 55-60K out of a set of anything I chose to replace them with. (Usually Coopers)

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• You are dead on. I thought how could the back tires wear out first. I thought I was losing my mind. Great job,
15678911»