Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Forester vs Mitsubishi Outlander

2»

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,681
    made up her mind by now, it is just hopeless. :)
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, en route to New MexicoPosts: 40,499
    I dunno - I'm on a ten year replacement cycle and I spend a year or more kicking tires. :blush:

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 1racefan1racefan Posts: 932
    my wife and I have been debating between the Element, New Grand Vitara, Endeavor, Trailblazer, and Tacoma (I know, all over the board with this group). Hoping to pull the trigger on something by July. Every time we decide on one, we change our mind.
  • krustykrusty Posts: 1
    If you are a family of more than two, the element has poor passenger accomodations. room for only two and egress involving a complicated procedure of opening the front door and unhooking the front shoulder belt before opening the rear half door. High wind noise due to boxy shape, rubber floor is not truly waterproof enough to "hose out". Unimpressive fuel economy for a small 4 cylander engine. the intended demographic was the teenagers who instead bought scion XB's. I actually loved the concept but felt that it failed in execution. Sometimes when you go out on a limb, the limb breaks. My cousin has a trailblazer it's electrics fail if he drives through a puddle. The susuki is the favorite of people who tow their cars behind an RV. it has special features that make it an excellent tender. I have read that they are not very comfortable for a long trip. If you are going to tow anything big or plow snow you are limited to the trailblazer with its full size ladder frame or the more reliable tacoma. current incarnations of the endeavor and vitara may have a third row seat option but it will probobly only be tolerable for children. lastly, both mitsubishi and general motors are in dire staits and I'm sure their products will suffer.Good luck.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Looks like a smaller V6 with 220hp, which sounds good. I'll probably check one out when they arrive, for kicks.

-juice
  • suv4betsysuv4betsy Posts: 38
    ..all over the map.. consider Tacoma best choice given your list, I own one prior model, my seats lack comfort though.

Endeavor uses premium fuel $$$
  • I bought my Outlander in 2003. I have driven it hard for 6 years and 144,000 miles. Not one thing has gone wrong with this car yet. I rented a Subaru Forrester for a week. It's not a bad vehicle but it has too much road noise while on the highway. The ride isn't quite as smooth as the Outlander either. I did like it but it isn't as roomy, smooth or quiet. Overall I would say the Outlander is nicer but they are very similar.
  • myk384myk384 Posts: 9
    In Top Gear Philippines' latest comparisons. The Subaru wins.
2»
This discussion has been closed.