Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 350 and Bluetooth

Comments

• how do you make a call while driving? do you have to hit speed dial? i registered the name and phone and did voice training but i dont know how to call by voice...how is that done..
    and another unrelated question... it used to be that you could cycle through mpg etc and set how long you were driving.. from the point you started to destination...if you stoped the clock stopped. the nav projects time and mileage but doesnt tell you how long you acturallly drove on the route.. did they take out the time calulation?
  • tdohtdoh Posts: 298
    You need to press the Voice Command button (sorry if I'm not using the correct name but I think you'll know to what I'm referring to) on the steering wheel; then when prompted, speak "Dial Name" (or was it "Name Dial"--my memory is pretty bad these days); then when prompted for the name tag, speak the name tag you registered for the phone number you wish to dial.

As far as your other question--I could be wrong but I think the ES 350 nav is not capable of displaying total elapsed travel time...at least not w/ the 5.1 nav disc revision.
  • Has anyone tried ES350 bluetooth with a portable navigation system with bluetooth. I wonder if car audio will pause when navigation audio is transmitted to car audio/speakers.
  • Nokia 3650 is an old model and it should be supported. Please do the following:
    1. Unpair your current connection with the car on your phone.
    2. On your car's blue tooth setup, give the car's blue tooth device a name; do not use the default "Hand free...". For example, I use "freddylexuses" for my car.
    3. Re-do the pairing again on both the car and the phone.

It should connect this time.
  • I tried that with my friend's ES 350 with an old Belkin bluetooth Nav system, which requires the use of a PDA or laptop computer as the screen. The audio guidance is supposed to be broadcasted through the PDA or notebook computer's speakers. The car and the device paired up well but when the car audio is on, it would not pause to announce the guidance. Not recommended.
  • Samsung A640 uses bluetooth 1.0 transmission protocal and is NOT compatible with the Lexus ES350. Find something else.

Many of the US cellphones are either "locked" so that they can support one service provider only, or use outdated operating system/software because Americans don't care. If you want to be safe, buy a phone from a US company like MOTO. You are more likely to get the latest operating system installed. Or, you may buy a phone in Hong Kong, where there are most advanced, unlocked phones in the world.
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    Does any know if I can program my phone also on my wife's ES? We have already programed her phone to Blue Tooth but I was wondering if I could also program my phone. She has a Nokia phone while I have a Motorola.
  • I can't comment on the specific brands of phone, but I have two different brands programmed into my ES. Only one at a time can connect. (At least I think that's the case, since I can't remember if I ever tried to get both to connect at the same time.)
  • jaspalbjaspalb Posts: 84
    Between any pair there can be only one bluetooth connection at a time, although you can pair several with ES. Whichever paired phone comes in the range first, connects and stays connected (preventing phone or car connecting to any other paired device)
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Posts: 245
    actually i think you have to choose the phone to connect with. so if you have phone a chosen, and phone b gets in the car, it will not connect until you tell the car to connect to phone b.
  • jlbmijlbmi Posts: 5
    I have a 2007 ES 350 and the Bluetooth simply is not reliable. I have to state the phone number numerous times and when I am on the phone the person on the other end heres nothing but static or segments of what I say are garbled. Is anyone else experiencing this with their Bluetooth. I am using a Nextel Sprint I870.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Mine works fine everytime (and with clear reception) but I never use the voice activated feature; always use the touchscreen. I use the Motorola Razor on the Verizon network...perhaps it's the Sprint network which is the problem?
    I thought it was Sprint as well but apparently not...others tell me that theirs work fine. Also giving me trouble is the voice activation...I do not have the nav. I have to say the numbers several times in order to finally get the correct number. To me it sounds like it is in the system itself.
    I have non-nav version, and BT works just fine. Voice activation works well for numbers/names already entered in the phone book, but it is almost impossible to dial a number via voice (always errors). I had to enter numbers in the phone list by using the dial. But overall it works well.
    What phone service do you use? My problem is that I use drive time to return messages which entails calling people not on the phone list. It sometimes takes five attempts to get a number in correctly. Frustrating experience. Once connected the person on the other end cannot hear what I am saying because they only receive bits and pieces of the message.
  • mdchachimdchachi Posts: 275
    Could be a microphone or other problem. Have you had the dealer check it out yet?
    Speech recognition technology is not yet that perfect that you could just "tell" the car number to dial once, and it would make it out. There are so many accents and variations to say something, and recognition software can only go that far. Best is, while driving. use directory, call return, etc. For bad BT connection, look at the signal strength display. Performance is very much dependent on the phone, and where you keep it. Signal could be impacted by other metalic objects around the phone as well. Try putting the phone in the cup holder.
  • Has anyone solved this problem? The only thing I have been able to do to avoid losing my calls is to get to my handset quickly and try to link the two calls and then have one person hang up. Otherwise, I seem to lose both calls. I have called Lexus here (Massachusetts) and no one seemed to have any idea of what I was talking about.
  • hb3749hb3749 Posts: 2
    Do you have Bluetooth in your non-nav Lexus that was installed aftermarket by the dealer?
    I was told Bluetooth is not available as an option without the navigation - is that true?
    It is not true. Bluetooth IS part of the Premium package in the non-nav car. It works quite fine in my non-nav ES350