Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe Transmission Troubles

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    lalswift,
    I have looked into your case. Can you please email me directly?
    Christina
    Gm Customer Service
    Lcharness,

I agree with you about telling your daughter to get the Vibe into the dealership before she tries to come back home. Please, e-mail us with any updates about your situation.

Michelle P., GM Customer Service (assisting Christina)
  • lalswiftlalswift Posts: 14
    Hello Christina, I tried to contact you directly. Is it the gmcustsvc link? Right now GM is refusing to accept repairs done by NYS Certified repair shops (the same certification that GM repair shops have to have). Isn't that also a violation of the Magnuson-Moss Fed Law?
    I finally got the final, unfortunate word from GM/Pontiac. Even though they now admit that the PCM is faulty and can cause transmission damage they will not do the right thing. My PCM failed in Nov 2008 causing major transmission damage. GM/Pontiac denied that anything was wrong then (this was when they were going bankrupt). I had no option but to pay $3200.00 to get the transmission fixed. In Sept 2010 they finally decided on the PCM recall. They will not pay for mine from 2008. I did all the right things, GM still refuses to do the right thing.

Is this grounds for a class action lawsuit?
    In 2008, when my PCM failed causing extensive transmission damage, GM/Pontiac said there was "no problem" with the PCM and I was forced to pay for the damage its failure caused ($3200). To make me "feel better" they sent a coupon to be used toward a new car. I could not and still cannot afford a new car so I never used the coupon. This"coupon offer" was used by GM to "settle" this case. That was before GM admitted there was a problem. Now that they admit there was a problem and there is an actual recall, this coupon "settlement" is null and void. The entire situation has changed. I explained this to GM and they still refuse to do the right thing--pay me for the damage that their faulty part caused. I wouls seriously consider a class action lawsuit at this point. Talking to GM is like talking to a wall. L
    Did you ever get GM to pay for your transmission? My PCM failed in 2008 and they (GM) refuse to help me. My transmission cost me $3200. I'm pretty sure they now just want me to go away. I have never been so angry at any company in my life. :mad:
    lalswift,
    Can you please email me your VIN?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    To Christina, GM Customer service. My VIN is 5Y2SL63885Z455928. LALSWIFT, 2005 VIBE
  • I had a similar customer service snafu from GM. It was for a different problem in which I filed all my paper work and they said they had no signatures on my paperwork, which I know I signed. I asked them to send it back to me so I could sign it and they said I had to resubmit!

Now I am having PCM problems on my car and since I am an 03 Vibe they say it isn't covered in the recall. Even though I have a faulty PCM as well! Its absolutely ridiculous!
  • Too funny you posted this issue you're having...I'm having the same problem & I was considering legal action as well. My car died while I was driving it, which thankfully didn't cause an accident, two days after I rec'd initial notice of the recall in the mail...which means the REAL recall had not yet been posted. Thankfully, there IS a very good GM dealership in Mt. Dora, FL (Danny Lenn Buick), who worked directly with GM/Pontiac customer service to replace the bad PCM, however, it was replaced with the older version of the PCM, which will still go bad over time. So I finally rec'd the actual recall notice almost 6 months later from Pontiac & I'm now getting the car repaired at a dealership I'm not as familiar with, but is closer to where I work since I needed a co-worker to help me drop the car off to be inspected before parts can even be ordered. Well the first time around with this nightmare, I was without a vehicle for 3 days, had to pay a friend to borrow his car for the 3 days and I had to pay to tow the vehicle to the dealer. So I have been put out for approximately $130. So now I decided to go ahead and get the transmission flushed since I am also having a stuttering issue between 3rd & 4th gear and I'm not sure when the transmission has ever been flushed. So Carl Black GMS is where I took the car the 2nd time to get the recall notice satisfied, got my free oil change & tire rotation (thanks Pontiac-real generous) and I requested a Transmission flush service, which costs to the tune of $169. So the service writer Danny confirms the correct T-4 Toyota transmission fluid is being loaded in my car, however, the mechanic insists that the transmission plug is only pulled & the pan is drained like any other car. I know this is NOT true because a Toyota dealer & a GM dealer & a certified mechanic friend of mine have all confirmed that there is a flush machine that attaches to the engine to drain the additional 50% of the fluid that is sitting inside the transmission. So now I've gotten NO satisfaction with GM/Pontiac & my transmission is only 1/2 the way flushed BUT I still have to pay full-price for a service that was only half done!!!! I AM LIVID over this! I have asked 5 different people at GM customer service to simply take care of this cost for me, in order to compensate for SOME of the difficulty I've had, yet all 5 people have denied my request! I left a message with a Susan at GM Customer service here in the US, to have a supervisor contact me, at 10:30am this morning & I'm yet to receive any calls back. I have contacted Susan twice since then and have left two voice mails with no call back. I was a Pontiac Vibe lover, however, this experience has left me SOOOOOOOO sour and foul, that I'm willing to take legal action & will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle in my life! I hope they continue to go bankrupt & all the futzes who denied helping me with a measley $169 in service costs, I hope they will be standing on the unemployment line & when their cars have recalls, I hope they receive the same treatment I have!!!!!!!
    bella0101,

You stated you spoke with GM Customer Assistance. I would like to look further into your situation; could you please email me the case number?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • to2000nyto2000ny Posts: 2
    I own two Pontiac 2006 Vibe's. Transmission started shifting strange on one and check engine light came on. It is Code 2716. Now what do I do, go to the GM dealer and ask to fix PCM or go to Toyota and ask them?
    Seems since Pontiac is not manufactured any longer the GM dealer will not help. Please, what would be the best way to proceed? :confuse:

Thanks,
    TP
    to2000ny,

Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • to2000nyto2000ny Posts: 2
    Caron, I sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Good luck working with GM. They will take no responsibility at all for the problem. My transmission was ruined by the failed PCM back before the recall. They say it is not their problem...which it is. They will lead you along saying they are helping but it will come to nothing. I finally put in a complaint with NHSTA and the did a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commssion. :mad:
  • periperi Posts: 3
    I m right there with you, we have an '09-clutch went out and flywheel cracked- telling us the clutch was "abused" and that's why it happened. With 25k and an experienced clutch driver, not buying it. Sitting here with a car that won't run unless I pay a ton to fix! Thanks GM! Makes me wonder if Toyota would have covered it, hear their customer service is better.
  • jcs7jcs7 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Beginning last October, the check engine light came on in my 2005 Vibe. When I took it to the dealer, they told me the solinoid for overdrive needed to be replaced and they recommended doing the same witht he other two solinoids at the same time. The cost would be about $1750. I decided to think about his because about the same time I received a notice about the PCM issue. When I got a notice the parts for the PCM recall were finally in (March), I took the car in and they replaced the PCM. The check engine light didn't come on anymore for at least two months and then it did start to do the same thing it had done before - light comes on and there is a shutter around 40 mph and also around 68 mph. If I step on the gas, it normally evens out again. I have taken it back to the dealer again and they have again recommended the solinoid replacement. I am concerned because I am afraid once they open the transmission they will find it is something else or the "repair" will not fix the problem. There are a lot of miles on this car and I don't want to spend more than it is worth. Any suggestions? With all of the posts on the Vibe Tranny problems, I am really concerned about opening this bag of worms.
  • I TOO HAVE A 06 VIBE JUST TOOK MY CAR IN TO DAVE CROSS MOTERS TO SERVICE THE RECALL ON PCM ONE MONTH LATER I SHOWED A CHECK ENGAIN LIGHT FOR ALMOST HALF A DAY THEN IT WENT OFF I WAS DRIVIN MY KIDS BACK HOME WHEN TRANSMISSION WENT OUT I COULD TURN CAR OFF AND SOME TIME IT WOULD START IF LET SIT FOR FEW MINUTES IT WOULD START HALF OF THE TIME AND GO IN GEAR AND MOVE TELL I HIT 35MPH OR LIFTED FOOT OFF GAS TOOK IT TO TRANSMISSION SHOP CAUSE WAS SHOWING CHECK ENGIAN LIGHT THEY SAID TWO SYILYNIODS WERE OUT AND TRANSMISSION WAS BURT UP CALLED DRAVE CROSS BACK WHO DID THE RECALL AND THEY SAID NEVER HERD OF THE ISSUE AT ALL I WAS ON LINE LOOKING UP COST OF TRANSMISSIONS CAUSE IM A SINGLE FATHER OF TWO THIS IS MY ONLY CAR JUST BOUGHT IT STILL MAKING PAYMENT AND FOUND OUT THIS IS A PROBLEM FROM THE RECALL NO ONE WILL EVEN GIVE ME TIME OF DAY TRYED CALLING GM AND I GET HUNG UP ON IM THINKING LEGAL ACTION IS A MUST WHAT DO WE DO
    justen,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • periperi Posts: 3
    Met with a retired GM mechanic on the above issue and he said it will happen again and again, as this is the higher performance engine and it is equipped with a standard, vs high performance clutch. It is not an abuse issue as the dealership wanted to say. Thanks GM, really glad this was the first of 3 GMs I purchased in 12 mos from this dealer- I will NOT do that again. I wanted to support the brand, but did not plan to get screwed in the deal!