Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Audio and Entertainment

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Megarock...between the front mid-woofer and the tweeter, there should be a high-pass filter installed to only allow the higher frequencies thru to the tweeter.

The tweeter on my center channel speaker works fine. The OEM amp has a high-pass filter on it for that channel set at 200 Hz (info directly from the Infinity OEM division techs), so there is a signal usable by the tweets. The OEM speaker up there was just single cone driver with a broad frequency range. I like the two-way speaker I have up there now because it allows the sound to be separated for more clarity. What speaker did you put in the center location, is it a 2 ohm speaker?

The other channels on the OEM amp are as such:

Front & rear doors...60 Hz (high-pass)
    Subwoofer...(80 Hz low-pass)

I don't like the door speakers playing down that low, they really aren't designed for it. So with my head unit, I'm able to cross the door speakers off at 80 Hz high-pass and my subs are crossed at 80 Hz low-pass for a sweet transition from front to back.
  • Hello all, I would like to get some ideas as to what may be going on with my car stereo...

A while back, the battery went dead and the guy who tried to help jump it, crossed the cables and caused many of the electronic systems to go out. I had it fixed at the local Hyundai dealer, but, they forgot to check the stereo...the stereo is obviously "on" (display works) and the CD changer as well. However, there is no sound. Is it possible the speakers were fried or could it be a contact or wiring? I know I'll have to take it to an audio place to have it fixed--but, since "knowledge is power"--hoping it keeps me from being overcharged or talked into replacing what may not have to be replaced if I have an idea of some of the things that might have gone wrong. I'd really appreciate anyone's input!
    In order to give some feedback, I need to know which sound system you actually have. One has an outboard amplifier, which, if that's the system you have...it's highly likely the amp was fried or if not the amp...the fuse to the amp. Not sure why you have to take it to an audio place to have it fixed, if it's the factory stereo...Hyundai should be able to fix it.
  • Thanks allmet33! The sound system is the Infinity for the Azera Limited 2006 (factory stereo). It has an MP3 CD changer/cassette tape player and radio--hope this is what you needed to know. I didn't take it back to the Hyundai dealer because I wasn't real happy with their work--I called the Honda dealer where I bought the car used and they told me they use an audio place who does their service work. If you need any more info, I can get the manual for the car--thanks again!!
    Ok...I can assure that you do have an outboard amplifier, so you would want to have that looked at. If the amp is working, then it's a possibility that the output from the stereo to the amp was fried, but I would almost put my money on the the amp or the fuse to the amp.
  • Try not to laugh, but, what is an "outboard" amp? :blush:
    edited October 2010
    Nah...I won't laugh at all. Outboard vs. built in...the amplifier takes a signal that the speakers can't do anything with and boost it to a level to make it audible. A lot of lower end car stereos have a built in amp so you can connect the speakers directly to the stereo. Then, there are the upgraded stereos like the one in your Azera that does not have a built in amp. so the signal is sent from the stereo to the amp, then the speakers are connected to the amp. VIOLA!!! :shades:
  • Sounds good--do you know where the outboard amp is located in my car, i.e., behind the radio? Just wondering how much effort it will take these guys to get to it--as in manhours since they charge by the hour...
    edited October 2010
    The amp is located in the trunk of the car behind the rear seat on the passenger side. In the trunk there's a liner and the amp would be behind that. To get to the amp, it should take much less than an hour if they really know what they are doing.

One thing you can do yourself before taking to them is check all the fuses (located in the side of the dash in the driver's side). You'll have to open the driver's side door and you'll see a panel with a pull on the side of the dash. Give it a firm tug and it will come out revealing all your fuses. On the inside of the panel cover is a list of the fuses and what they are for...go through them and see if any are burnt out. If so, simply replace with a fuse of the same spec. It could very well be as easy as that.
  • You are awesome! Can't tell you how much I appreciate all this information!! I will check those things out as you explained--praying that is all it is! And, I pray you will be helped as much as you've helped me when you need something! :)
    You're more than welcome, just glad to be of assistance. There have been others in various Azera forums that have broadened my knowledge, so it's definitely a give and take here. Good luck with your stereo system, I do wish the best and hope it is something very simple. Please post and update if you can.
  • Will do! Thanks again!!
  • I have a 2007 Azera with a M465S satellite/CD system. The radio works, but the CD player has failed. All I get is a "Checking CD" in the display. I've been told the cost to replace is about $900. Other options?
    DEFINITELY go aftermarket. There are so many options available that will give you more features, more sound control and better overall performance than the OEM unit. Plenty of units you can select from will have Bluetooth built in, some will have HD tuners, some will be Satellite ready, most will also have direct iPod/MP3 player connectivity. If you want to look at some great stuff and save some $$$, check out Sonic Electronix. Like Crutchfield, they also send you everything you'll need to install a unit in your particular vehicle.

Good luck!!!
  • rminorrminor Posts: 40
    Ebay has an '06-'08 Azera radio for $75 + $12 shipping. Go to ebay.com and search "Azera radio" and you'll se several.
  • I am getting the same problem. Did you disconnect the battery or the yellow wire in the fuse box for 5 minutes? Some say this will reset the system.I changed my battery a month ago. I don't know if this is related. Warranty gone on radio
  • problem is , none have xm which mine does.
  • Did you try this approach? Was it successful?
  • Did not work. Car now in the dealership as it failed to start again with a brand new battery. This malfunctiong cd player may have a short. Should know more later today.I hope I don't need a new radio.
  • Has anyone replaced the xm stock radio with something else? If so what and how much did it cost? where did you have it installed? They told me I have a short but are still trying to find it.Ihope it is not in the radio as I do not have $1300.00 for anew radio. Ebay has some but none with xm