Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Audio and Entertainment

Comments

• I replaced my unit with an eclipse Avn 52d navigation/DVD/CD/mp3 player. You can buy a Sirius or cm adapter for it. Also has Bluetooth capabilities and requires an adapter to use the steeringwheel controls. Excellent unit. Install is not all that difficult but requires removing a lot of the dash. I think Thea unit was 550 off ebay brand new. Have had it installed for 2 years and it has worked great. Improved sound quality a bit as well. I believe it provides more power to the speakers than the stock unit.
  • I was driving listening to the radio and all of a sudden, "silence". I switched to the cd player and I can hear the music so I know it's not a connection with the speakers. When I turn the volume up real loud on FM, I don't hear anything. When I turn the volume on AM, I hear a high pitched squeal. Nothing else in the car is having problems.
    I suspected a loose wire at first, but am now maybe thinking of a possible blown fuse. I truly have no idea. If it's a fuse, where is the inner fuse box. I thought it was on the left side of the steering column on the side...if that's it, how do i open it? I tried pulling on it but it doesn't want to open easily. Is there a trick to it?
  • Sometimes just turning the power on and off will fix this. I has happend a few times to me.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    With the driver's door open, there's a triangular panel at the end of the dash, with a warning sticker about the driver's seat side airbag and a three-finger handhold molded in. Put three fingers in and pull straight out...
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    If the head unit is powered, then it shouldn't be a blown fuse....probably something in the radio circutry
  • Friend told me he beleves it's the tuner in the radio. Suggested I just get a new radio. We'll see. Dealer wants 103 dollars just to do a diagnostics...whatever. I'll take my chances with a new radio.
  • I figured that was the case, but it's so tight and was afraid I'd brake some latches or something. I was thinking that there had to be an easier way of opening the darn thing, lol.
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Take a look on Sonicelectronix.com & Crutchfield.com (P.S. don't let either site tell you that a double din unit won't fit...they do)...plenty of options to fit any budget. If you have any questions on what will work, let me know. I've swapped out the OEM radio and installed an aftermarket unit. I also swapped out all the speakers and added my own subwoofers as well.

Your instinct is right, instead of paying for diagnostic, then whatever the dealer would charge you for a new unit...you would be able to pay for an aftermarket unit and some speakers as well.
    allmet
    Did you get the seals replaced???? Which ones were leaking?? Hyundai considers them "wear and tear" items just like wiperblades or brake pads..I think that's ridiculus...
  • justinrwjustinrw Posts: 18
    Anyone out there have an eclipse AVN 52d and need accessories? I have the unit. It came with the IPOD adapter and hands free blue tooth package. I also purchased the steering wheel control adapter but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to hook it up. Any way, I'm willing to sell the IPOD adapter, bluetooth, and steering wheel wiring if anyone is interested. If I don't hear anything, I will list them on eBay this week.

Also, allmet, have you seen the NAV units that are being advertised on the w2audio for the Azera? Seems like it would be risky to buy one and I don't know if the site is reputable, but the price looks good and the features are attractive.
    w2 audio site
  • elliott1elliott1 Posts: 10
    I have a 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited with Infinity XM CD system. Would you be so kind as to summarize what I should do to improve the audio quality. I find it mediocre. From reading the posts, it seems like I should just replace the speakers in the doors and leave the rest alone. Is this correct? If so, which speakers do you advise?
    Could I add this to my 2007 Infinity CD XM system?
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    I find the sound awsome. What are you looking for?
    elliott1...the Infinity system employs 2 ohm speakers and there aren't that many out on the market. I personally swapped mine out for the Infinity Kappa series speakers. I have recommended them to others and they have done the swap as well. Everyone I know that has...enjoys the results. A few have just changed the speakers and noticed an upgrade in sound. Others have changed the speakers & the stereo, like myself.

If you're happy with the stereo, just change the speakers. I went with coaxials in the door locations and left the factory tweeter in place. I also changed out the center channel speaker with a JBL 4x6" speaker. I also removed the factory sub and installed 2 10" subs in the trunk, running off an aftermarket amp. So the only original sound system pieces that exist in my car are the tweeters and the Infinity amp (didn't want to lose the center channel).

Let me know if this is useful or if you need any more info.

Good luck!
  • justinrwjustinrw Posts: 18
    No, this is not something you can add to the factory unit. You would need to have a compatible eclipse in-dash unit for this to work for you. Sorry.

For what it's worth, I enjoy my eclipse AVN 52D very much and I think it has a stronger built-amp than the factory 6 disc changer. Therefore, it pushes more power to the infinity speakers and I think it makes them sound better. When I bought the package it was about $550. I am sure just replacing some speakers would be cheaper than that, especially if you are happy with the factory 6 disc changer.
    Thank you. I would probably like to chagne the Stereo also. Which one did you get? My CD is now broken (but still under 60 month warranty) and I would rather replace the front end also. I want bluetooth and an auxiliary input jack, although bluetooth alone would be enough. The problem with all aftermarket units I have seen is that the pre-set radio buttons are too small. My wife likes the large buttons that come on all installed radio systems (and I agree with her.) I am open to a GPS but its not that important. It would depend on cost. Hyundai service just told me that any gps xm radio CD unit they sell starts at $. So to summarize, my first need is to upgrade the sound of the system we have. Second option would be to change the front end also to have bluetooth / auxilliary. Third would be to have GPS as well (but GPS is not so important as I prefer the iPad for that functionality.) Whatever advice you can give is really appreciated.
    I just saw this DVD navigation system for Hyundai online: it does not have XM or fixed buttons. What do you think of this unit?
    http://www.[non-permissible content removed].com/hyundai-azera-car-dvd-player-with-builtin-gps-navigati- on-digital-screen-pip-bluetooth-p-637.html
    CD/Stereo warranty is 3 yrs/36 months..check your owner's manual.
    allmet

have you done the seal and gasket replacement on your azzy yet??..you mentioned that you were planning it earlier.
    Originally, I replaced the factory unit with a Pioneer FH-P4200MP, had that for a few years and then I wanted to upgrade to DVD & Bluetooth, so I replaced that unit recently with the AVH-3200BT.

The buttons for the station presets were small-ish on the first unit, but my new one having a touch-screen...they are bigger. Just shop around, there are head units of all types out there with various features. I'm sure you can find one that you'll like.

GPS isn't an issue for me, I use the navigation feature on my cell phone.