Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Hyundai Azera Owners Experiences

1293031323335»

Comments

• rmcbainrmcbain Posts: 50
    If your dealer has any respect for a customer they will replace the dash board cover. We had ours done at 80000 miles without a hesitation. Just check the steering wheel when you get the car back as they have to tilt the wheel down and if not it will scratch the wood or leather part when they remove the cover.
  • I want to try and take this to another dealer, has anyone with the problem had any luck with any NYC dealerships? Also I am wondering since Hyundai themselves denied coverage will that be a problem if I find a dealer to actually cover it?

I still have not put a complaint in with the BBB, I really wonder will that accomplish anything other than waste my time.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    Well. Evidently there isn't one. I don't have a copy on my computer file and I've looked through the current Hyundai ones and it's not there, so no TSB. :blush:

But there have been so many reports of this problem on the blogs, with dealers replacing the dash tops, it should be known to all dealers, so if one dealer gives you scat about it, try another dealer...
  • humphump Posts: 5
    This is a well known problem with Azera's. Tell them it's a GENERIC problem with Azera's. Maybe that will get their attention. My neigbor and I both had the dash boards replaced due to "cracking". The way I understand it that during the dash board manufacturing process they cut it to deep and prone to CRACKING. Good luck.
  • rance2rance2 Posts: 39
    In August of 2010, a loud noise at 70 MPH that sounded like something was being dragged beneath my 2007 Azera. A plastic cover about 5 feet long became partially unattached on the passenger side and was dragging on pavement. Then in April 2011, repeat performance with cover on left side. Forget the fearful sound, replacement cost under $50 by dealer. :( :surprise:
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    edited May 2011
    The one on the driver's side came off after I hit a puddle doing about 50 mph. It came off and I haven't worried about replacing it either. The one on the passenger side...still going strong. considering it's plastic, I don't expect them to last forever, especially when you think about the violent environment the underside of the car can be at highway speeds.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    I scraped under the front going into a steep driveway so I took the car in for a quick inspection of all the underside panels and was told all were tight...
  • 29tomt29tomt Posts: 12
    Mine did same thing. They removed it.
  • Hi: I noticed after washing my car that the driver's side headlight had moisture inside the lens. I did not notice this before even after high pressure car washes. The passenger side is fine. anyone else have this problem.