Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundi Azera Reviews

Comments

• It is all about money under the table. CR is the biggest joke, and I do not understand why anyone trusts them. At one time they may have been trustworthy, but I bought alot of stuff they recommended and it was pure junk. Got the middle of the line that they rated at it worked great. :mad:
  • Just a note - CR does not recommend a car until it has at least an "Average" reliability history. Therefore they usually do not "recommend" brand-new, first-year models because of this requirement. They do sometimes recommend new models that have a fairly solid history of at least "Average" reliability. i.e. a new model of the Honda Accord or the Toyota Camry.
  • azera weights about 140lbs more than avalon. azera has thicker body than jappanies cars. that explains why it comsumes more, but mine has averagy about 28mpp. i drive mostly freeway tho. still not bad..
  • akoni1akoni1 Posts: 35
    The April 07 issue of CR recommends the Azera. It gives the Azera a rating of 83 compared to the Avalon which has a rating of 89. But CR faults the Azera only on fuel economy while the Avalon is faulted on agility, steering and brake feel.The bottom line is that CT recommends the Azera.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 212
    Ok, I am the Audi guy who has driven nothing but Audi's for the last 20 years,mainly A6 type cars.I drove the car from Burlingame to Lake Tahoe and I am overall very impressed with the car. Got the limited XM with Ultimate pak.White with Tan inside.2007.

I like this car better than my A6 in most cases.Suspension is fine, power very good.Front leg room better. My leg bangs the console in the A6 and I have been having leg pain for the past few years because I can mot get my right leg straight in the Audi. The Azera allows me to move my leg around and get it fairly straight. Leg pain is almost gone, definetly much improved. Cruise control much easier to use. Love the lock on the ventilation so I don't have to adjust two controls.Cup holders in a better place.More head room.Seat seems more comfortable.Azera is quieter.Less wind noise and less tire noise(had all weather in the Audi)

What I don't like are the radio controls. Unable to read during the day with sunglasses on. Any ideas?Don't like the green backround but as CAL BEAR fan am overjoyed that there is no RED display.

Trunk opens easier and seems bigger.This car seems to have almost everything the A6 has except a radio display near the trip computer and , of course, the four wheel drive. I am ,in fact, amazed.If the new A6 didn't cost $55,000 simolrly equiped, I probably would not have even looked at The Azera!

The rental agency told me they are selling their Azeras in a few months. What would be a good price for this car with 8,000 miles on it and some very minor dings in the bumper.BTW, no front end clunk
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    They were selling leftover 2006s for around $23k after the 2007s were released, so I'd hazard that a used 2007 rental unit ought to be available for around $19k or under, when the 2008 is out...
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    RE # 2 of 2: "when the 2008 is out..."

What 2008? The Klowns in Korea have shifted gears to Genesis. Think upgrade, upgrade and more product upgrade. What product line needs a full size FWD 6 sitting next to a RWD 6 & 8?

Too bad they won't address their biggest problem in the US market, their sleezy dealer network.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    I just heard from a Hyundai dealer source that the Genesis has been pushed back up to a year due to development problems, so for the time being, Azera is still the top of the line.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    A Korean poster here has mentioned that the new models will be out in Korea for a year or so before US introduction, allowing the Korean buyers the "opportunity" to find problems so the foreign customers don't have to... for the most part... :shades:
    from Hyundai. They are not selling their rentals.
  • scbobscbob Posts: 167
    You have to read CR reviews very carefully. I subscribe and also purchased their New Car Buying Kit-worth the money.
    They also tend to develop favorites (don't we all) and Toyota has long been one of them.
    In all my reading I look at what they say and how the cars rank. Azera is number two behind Avalon and only by a couple of points. Key on the Avalon was the falling reliability. Personally I didn't like the Avalons design inside or out, doors over the controls, small size and so forth. Mostly disliked the dealer's take it or leave it attitude. In fact, got more trade in on a Camry from Hyundai that I did from Toyota and still got $3,500 off list on the Azera.
  • scbobscbob Posts: 167
    CR buys its cars from dealers without them knowing who is buying the car and gives it a 3 month test. Other reviewers do a review on a car furnished by the manufacturer and do not spend as much time. One magazine will not consider a car for car of the year unless they get several free to use for a year.
    CR has its limitations, but is most reliable. Best to use several sources.
  • harrytddharrytdd Posts: 29
    The Azera is also high on my 2008 to-buy list. I called the local Enterprise rental agency and I was informed that the Azera is NOT in their rental inventory. Where did you rent yours? Although not a BearBacker, I am in the SFBayArea and am a life member of the Cal Alumni assn. Thanks in advance for any info.
  • sundevilssundevils Posts: 100
    San Jose airport from Hertz
    Enterprise on Carolan Avenue in Burlingame.I know someone high up and he got me the car. They only have 4 in this Area. Mine had everything including XM. I wish I could give you his name but call Burlingame and tell them you talked to me, Mike Munday.

Aoid the 800 # Call:(650) 344-6000
  • richdagrichdag Posts: 37
    Has anyone written a report on dealer ratings yet? :shades:

Rich in Fl.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Have you rated your dealer yet? Give us your report! ;)
  • richdagrichdag Posts: 37
    Sorry, But i don't own a new car yet. So i have nothing to report. but i will be buy one as soon as i can and i'm i would like to get an Azera.

Rich in Fl.
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    Notice the key word, "cheap":

"Cheap Luxury Vehicles" (AOL Auto's March 17, 2009)

Hyundai AzeraMSRP: $24,970 - $28,920
    Fuel Economy: 26 mpg Hwy/18 mpg City

The Azera is Hyundai's representative in the full-size, near-luxury sedan market. The Azera mixes comfort, interior space, and a host of features for a very respectable price. The front-wheel drive Hyundai Azera has two trims: the GLS, and the Limited.

After all these years. Korea and Fountain Valley still can't seem to overcome the stigma of the 80's, let alone todays perfect oxy-moron of cheap luxury.
This discussion has been closed.