Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cavalier Window Motors

2»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,956
    the motors themselves or the regulators? Did anyone ascertain the exact reason for the failures?--that is, did they burn up, or did something break, or ??? Without knowing that, we couldn't speculate as to whether it's a defect, a coincidence, or something wrong in your car that frying motors.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• shyguycaseshyguycase Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    From what I have been reading, the window motor issue is VERY common in the 2004 Cavalier. I am also in the same boat. All four windows on my Cavalier are stuck (Thankfully in the up position). I have been researching for recalls on these motors, but it doesn't appear that Chevy intends to do anything about these as I have found no such luck in that regard. With that in mind, I don't intend on buying another Chevy vehicle.
    If they all stuck at the same time then you have a switch or relay or fuse problem, not a motor problem.

• Nope, all the window motors are defective. Guess some of the parts may have been "made in China". Japanese motor still runs great, and passed California smog with flying colors; but, other things are failing. One problem is the anti-theft system. For some reason, the car thinks I'm stealing it and takes quite a bit of time to start. Sometimes four hours. Anyone know where the anti-theft relay is located? I'm thinking that may be the problem.
  • I just posted in the forum for A/C problems and mentioned my electric window problems. I didn't realize that so many other owners have had the same problem with the electric window motor. My 2000 Chevy Cavalier has 51,000 miles on it. This is the second time that I have had to replace the driver's side motor and the first time for the passenger's window.

It is very frustrating to think the parts could be better to start with. Just venting.
  • i have pulled one apart and believe it is a problem with the gearing, they have a nylon type gar and it is very fine methinks there lies the problem, the gearing is sticking, there does not appear to be any burning out of the motors at all, i will try and fix the problem my self and if i have any success will repost with the solution, by the way these can be bought as aftermeket parts that are supposed to be 100% more reliable which wouldnt be hard to believe as the original ones by all accounts are utter crap.
    Thanks and good luck. Let us know how you come out with it!

• Just bought a 2002 Cavalier 2 months ago thought it was just the switch, it's not . so did everyone with this problem replace the motors and regulators. don't want to play the game.
    thanks
2»