Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 Smart Key

2»

Comments

• lmickeydlmickeyd Posts: 1
    I recently purchased an 07' M45 Sport. I absolutely love this car! The only gripe is the lack of automatic door locks when the car is shifted into gear or a pre-set speed. I've become accustomed to this feature in the three previous cars I've owned, so I was surprised a car that costs this much didn't have this feature as standard equipment. Is there a way to configure this feature that I don't know about? Thanks to all.
  • I've missplaced one of my key fobs and ran the other through the washing machine ( which may prove that the keys are smarter than me ). Anyway, I really need to find the missplaced one. Since it puts out a radio frequency( I think ) does anyone know if there's a meter or locator I can buy/rent to locate the key? Any other ideas short of paying the dealer many bucks for new keys? Thanks
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 954
    It doesn't put out any signal at all unless you press a button. You have to find it visually.
  • When it's working, I don't press anything on the fob to activate the unlock buttons located near the handle or on the trunk, so it must be putting out some signal to cause those to operate.
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    Not necessarily so...it could use an RFID, or just have the receiver on and respond to the car's request for authentication. I'd have to read the service manual to see what actually happens.

If you don't find at least one key, you're in for a big surprise...you need at least one paired key to activate any new ones or you not only have to buy the keys, but the computer, too. Sit down while they tell you the price...
  • christydwchristydw Posts: 3
    I own a 2006 Infiniti M35 and I recently changed the battery in my car and after I changed the battery I had to reset almost all the electronics. I was successful in resetting everything except the automatic door locks when the car is shifted into gear. Is there anyone out there that can help me. I need to know how to reset that option so it works again...Thanks Christy
  • I have a 2006 too but I don't think mine has this feature at all. I'll be interested to hear how to activate it!

Alan
  • shmangshmang Posts: 297
    There is no such feature on 2006 Infiniti M. So, you are all set.
    My 2006 M35 has the technology package and this option comes with it.
    My 2006 M35 has the technology package and this option comes with it.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 954
    then you have the only 2006 M35 with this feature.....
    Indeed. None, repeat, none of 2006 M35 has this function. It is not offered by Infiniti, period!
  • Thank you! Mine has the Technology Package as well and I just reviewed the Owner's Manual just to be sure. It's not offered. I remember people on this forum in the past complaining that it's not offered.
  • khaug1khaug1 Posts: 8
    I'm 6'2" and my wife's 5'2"

Be sure you each lock the car every time when exiting. In my experience (incuding BMWs, M-Bs), that's the only way to insure the system will work as intended.

When we do this, all parameters work as interndew (steering wheel, mirrors, climate control, etc).

Good luck!.

-Karl
  • Lost both my 2007 M35 smart Keys, Now what?
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    Sit down, get out your checkbook, call the dealer and try not to have a heart attack.

The computer CANNOT be programmed to accept a new key without at least one that already is paired with the computer. That means, you must buy a new computer along with the new keys. It's expensive. Someone said in the order of $1k, but I do not know.

Maybe they've changed that, but from a security viewpoint, it would not be good otherwise, anyone with a key could program it to your car and just drive away. My understanding is they are paired at the factory, and there's no way around it. Good luck, hope my info is no longer true.
  • Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I have a 2007 M35 and it use to lock when I shift into drive and unlock when I shift into park, automatically. I'm not sure what I changed but some how it no longer auto lock/open. Any suggestions?
    Auto lock/unlock on M35/M45 is NEVER offered by Infiniti - Not with ANY package or any option. None, never, ever from 2006 through 2009. So, don't bother about it - unless you go with after market. Yes, I know this for sure, 100%, 1000% sure.
  • CAN I GET ONE FOR MY M35 2009
  • Yet I rented a Nissen,less money and not nearly as refined as my M45X and it locked the doors at 12 mph.I like that feature.I want it too!
  • I recently purchased a 2007 M35x. The dealer only had one smart key and is sending me a replacement/2nd. Can I program this key myself?
2»
This discussion has been closed.