Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Infiniti M35/M45

Comments

• sfcharliesfcharlie Posts: 402
    Found it also:

"Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support"

Just copied that in from Infiniti website.
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    Must be more than one Infiniti website! I just went back and found no such reference so we're obviously looking at two different sites. Why they would have two or more is odd, but the one I found makes no such mention. We'll know for certain re: the seating soon enough ... when they hit the dealers' showroom floors. Bart :shades:
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 968
    There is only one infiniti web sites. The phrase is still there.

Some of us would like to know before buying an 06. If, indeed nothing has changed, the 06 is a great lease deal. If they changed the seats, well then maybe waiting less than 30 days and getting an 07 is a better decision.
    I would expect that to be true ... but for the life of me the only reference I can find to interior and seating appointments is the one I quoted ... 10-way for the driver's seat, no mention of passenger's seat. That's why I raised the possibility of two sites. Again, according to the local sales manager the only changes in '07 will be option groupings ... the seating has not been changed. This was a month ago ... he hadn't yet received a car so his information may be off. We'll know in the fullness of time. Bart :shades:
    blov8r....you may have an old version of the page in your cache. Pull up the page and then hold down the shift key and click on the refresh icon. That will force a read of the latest page.
  • I just found the same info on the website. There are multiple places they list info about the seating. To see where it says that both the driver's and passenger's seat have the 10 way seats, go to infiniti.com, click on the "M" at the top, click on "Features and Specifications" on the left, and then click the "+" sign next to "Seating and Trim" to expand the info about it. It then says "Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support".
    I'll give it a try, but where's the "refresh icon"? Thanks. Bart :shades:
  • raizelgsraizelgs Posts: 84
    Refresh is either F5, Refresh under View, or the double arrow icon next to the stop icon on the Menus bar.
    Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support

Thanks ... I found it! We'll see whether it's "real" when the new models come in. Clearly seating is the biggest shortcoming in my '06. Bart :)
  • Does anyone know the MSRP and Dealer invoice on the different extended warranty plans that Infiniti offers? They only show one option on their website - 7 years/100k miles, but I'd be surprised if there aren't other options available.

If you bought one, what did you pay and for what terms?

I have an '07 on order that's coming in in a few weeks, just trying to have as much info as possible before I get the hard sell from the dealership!

Thanks for any info.
    If the infiniti web site is correct (and I think you'll see why in some cases we certainly hope it isn't)...these are the changes and some observations on the 2007 M35's.

1) The seating appears to be changed: "Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support" (this is perhaps the most significant real change)

2) There is no option for a full size spare and they only show the carpeted trunk mat for the space saver tire (found by another member)

3) M35x AWD features show that HID low beams are optional but there is no way to order them. Unfortunately, this means that you can't order the advanced technology or the premium package on that M35x AWD because both require the HID headlights. One additional note....if you do figure out how to get those HID headlights so you can order those two packages, you will also have to order the trunk mat as a separate item...it's required.

4) The dealer installed carpeted trunk mat "Requires Advanced technology, or Premium Package on M35x AWD" ... keep that in mind all you folks who only want the base technology package (The orderable carpeted trunk mat has no such restriction). That factory orderable Carpeted trunk mat has an MSRP of $80...the dealer installed Carpeted trunk mat (the exact same mat?) has an MSRP of $70 (perhaps the installation is extra?)

5) If you order your M35/M35x/sport with the base technology package, you can order the XM or sirius Satellite Radio for MSRP $350. (it's included in the adv tech and premium packages). Alternatively, and even without the base technology package, you can buy that same? XM or Sirius Radio from your dealer for MSRP $278 (perhaps the installation is extra?)

6) Factory ordered 18" Chrome-finished wheels "require Advanced Technology or Premium Package" (not sure if this is a change)
    Let me correct my statement above:

3) M35x AWD features show that HID low beams are optional but there is no way to order them. Unfortunately, this means that you can't order the advanced technology or the premium package on that M35x AWD because both require the HID headlights. One additional note....if you do figure out how to get those HID headlights so you can order those two packages, you will also have to order the trunk mat as a separate item...it's required.

The correct statement should be that if you look at the general description of all M35 options, there is no option to order the HID headlights for the M35x. You only see that $800 required feature when you go to the configurator. You will also discover that HID headlights seem to only be available with the advanced technology or premium packages which is very strange since I would think that most of the folks who wanted the technology/navigation package would want HID. Don't forget you do have to order the trunk mat as well if you order those advanced packages
  • breldbreld Posts: 1,350
    If you go to nissannews.com, there is a press release that says, among other things, the 2006 Journey Package items are now standard equipment on all 2007 models, except for the base M35. It lists those items to include climate controlled seats, rear-view monitor, HIDs and the Bose system.

However, as others have mentioned, when you go to "build" a M35x on the Infiniti website, HIDs are a stand-alone option, and require the technology and, I believe, the advanced technology package.

I really hope this isn't right, as I consider the HIDs a necessity in this class, and wouldn't want to be forced to order those other pricey and, in my case, unnecessary, packages.

Time will tell, huh?

2011 BMW 535xi - 2015 GTI - 2008 A3 - 2009 Ody

For 2007, Nissan moved the rear monitor to the technology group...and that group is the same price across the board (see the same press release). Time will tell, but I would bet that the rear monitor is NOT part of any base cars, even though the press release says it is.

As I noted above, the technology group is the same price across all the models. It also includes the Bose system. So, if the rear monitor and Bose system are standard on everything but the base M35, why is the technology group the same price???

The HID headlamp option in the configurator actually requires either the advanced technology or premium packages. As it stands, you can't get it on a base M35x or one with just the technology package. That has to be wrong, but that's what it says.

Very mysterious and likely the press release is wrong....and it may well be that the configurator pricing is also wrong.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    I agree about the HID's. Luxury marques such
    as Lexus, Acura and Infiniti should make
    them standard on all of their vehicles,
    although some of these vehicles, such as G35
    and Acura TL have them standard. HID's came
    standard on my 2002 Maxima and now I'm
    spoiled! I love having the HID's.
    So, as I mentioned in a previous post, based on the Infiniti.com configurator and the Edmunds pricing for the 2007 M35, it appears the advanced technology package, or premium package is required to add HIDs.

With regard to the M35x, climate controlled seats, auto-dimming mirror and homelink are now standard (previously included in the Journey pkg). To get the 2-channel Bose, you have to get the Tech pkg, which also includes the Nav and rear-view monitor. And, if you want the HIDs, also previously included with the Journey, you need to go all the way with the Advanced Tech or Premium Packages.

So, I am fairly disappointed in the packaging for 2007. I realize many buyers want all the high-tech features, but if you didn't care for the Nav or Surround Sound Bose, a 2006 M35x with Journey was a very complete package, with an MSRP of about $47k.

Having said that, my local Infiniti dealer has a 2006 M35x with Journey and Nav, in the color I like (Liquid Platinum and Graphite). It stickers for $48,940, with an invoice of $44,730. Now, like I said, I'd prefer not to have the Nav (or more to the point, not to have to pay for it), but given this is what they have, what are people's thoughts on pricing on such a vehicle? Is it reasonable to get pretty aggressive with the pricing, considering the relative success Infiniti is having with this model?

I change my mind daily between a 530xi and the M35x, but if I could get this for a good price, I might just go that way.

Thanks for any advice.

One, maybe offbeat, question: what tires are on the M35x?

The Goodyears with which the non-x M35 comes equipped are summer tires (not very good ones, based on my driving, Tire Rack's survey results, and posts on these forums). I'm likely to replace them, simply for driving safely in rain, before "winter" comes to northern California.

I assumer they put something on the "x" that will deal better with rain and snow. If not, that might supply more rhetoric for your negotiating.
  • mwgmwg Posts: 28
    You should be able to get it for invoice.The Nav is not essential but it is a fun thing to have.

Good luck, and enjoy

Emgee
    I'm 99% sure they're all-seasons on the x, though I don't know what brand.

Emgee - thanks for the advice; invoice at around $45k would certainly be a good deal.

Did the decision for anyone else come down to the 530xi and M35x? Clearly it's all personal preference, but I'm curious as to factors others may have considered. I've owned mostly Japanese makes, including one Infiniti, so I'm very comfortable with the thought of going that route with regard to reliability and maintenance.

Overall, the 530xi appeals to me more on an aesthetic basis, but when I get to the point of actually shelling out the money, the higher cost of the BMW and potentially poorer reliability make me think twice.

• jiddojiddo Posts: 9
    When I bought my M35 I wasn't particularly intrested in the Nav , but they had the exact car I wanted and it was already in the car so I bought it,and have not regretted it. It is very easy to use and very informative when you are looking for a restaurant, place of business , hospital etc. I might add it is very accurate. The only disappointment I see is the bluetooth phone system and the low beam headlights,It is a great car so far and fun to drive.
  • zidecarzidecar Posts: 49
    Did the decision for anyone else come down to the 530xi and M35x? Clearly it's all personal preference, but I'm curious as to factors others may have considered.

In my case, it came down to the M35X, Audi A6 & 530xi. The 530xi fell off the list first - didn't like their Idrive, had less interior rear space and no coolant temp guage! I also preferred the old guage layout that BMW had been using for years on their previous 3 and 5 series.

There was also the value proposition, the M35x provides more 'bang' for the 'buck', but offers less in terms of 'prestige'. As far as 'ride & handling' are concerned, I'd say the 530ix was a little better but not enough to make up for its other short comings. As you state, these are personal preferences that each drive must make. So far, I have not regretted mine for an instant. My M35x has been one extraordinarily fine car with a first year reliability record that has been much better than any of the BMWs or Audis I have owned in the past.
    There was also the value proposition, the M35x provides more 'bang' for the 'buck', but offers less in terms of 'prestige'.

Less perceived "prestige" for me, as I imagine it is for some others, is part of the practical side of the Infiniti too. Sort of a "sleeper" among the LPS autos.

"The only disappointment I see is the bluetooth phone system and the low beam headlights."

My low beams don't seem to aim too low or too high. Has this varied from unit to unit?

I haven't yet tried bluetooth phone, but will be replacing Treo 600 with Treo 700p from Verizon. What problems should I expect?
    About tires on M35. They have an "M&S" symbol, but V-rated tires, I suspect, are never really mud and snow tires; and these Goodyears are routinely complained about on these forums as well as on Tire Rack surveys. Wondering if anyone with M35x would post exact tire info?

Didn't end up getting "x" version of M35, but for a couple of weeks I was considering 530ix versus Audi A6 versus M35x but decided that (for the rain only -- no snow -- climate where I live) I'd go with regular M35. When I did test drive the three listed above, I liked feel of Audi four-wheel-drive system best. That tallied with (Road and Track, I think) comparison of BMW 325ix, Audi A4, Infiniti G35x, Subaru, etc., cars. Also, my family has always found back seat of BMW 5-series to be only a bit roomier than that of 3-series, whereas Audi A6 and Infiniti M35x are very roomy back seats.

For what little it's worth (it goes so much against common experience) I liked the Audi MMI and dashboard displays best of the three (usually, everyone hates BMW's iDrive and loves M35's still-has-buttons system, with Audi coming in as "OK, if you have to do the computer menu thing").
    Has anyone actually taken delivery of a 2007 yet?

I noticed that at the top of this forum, the "consumer review" section switched over to "no reviews" a while back, seeming to mean that edmunds was no longer asking for reviews of 2006, but only 2007. Now there is one review indicated and the person who posted it describes having driven a 2007 AWD in the snow somewhere.
    Unless one is driving from the passenger seat, the 2007 should drive exactly the same as the 2006. It's pretty much the only thing that's changed other than the packaging.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    People can review any MY of any car. The link to the latest MY is listed above, but the other reviews are all available.
    Actually, the intent of my earlier posting was two-fold: one part was simply curiosity about whether Infinity has yet delivered any 2007s (I have understood for some time, form the forum and other sources, that no real change, except the enhanced passenger seat controls were expected, and so wasn't inetnding curiosity about how the 2007s are to drive); the sceond was curiosity about whether it's likely that someone could have recently taken delivery of one and, if so, already have driven it in the snow.
  • I'm very excited to say that I (finally) took delivery of my '07 yesterday. It was on special order since the beginning of April - a painful wait! So YES, they're out there somewhere.
    Congratulations! Which model do you have?
This discussion has been closed.