Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 Tires

Comments

• james27james27 Posts: 433
    I put on Michelin Pilot Alpin 2's and found them quiet and decent comfort and traction. Check out www.tirerack.com and talk to one of their reps.
  • jamess3jamess3 Posts: 16
    Please let me know if anyone knows how to reset the TPMS sensors. I just put snow tires/rims with OEM sensors, and am getting blank readings.

The tire dealer said I may need to go to the dealer to reset.

S
    Yep, if the sensors are not in exactly the same location where they started out, the only way to get the system to recognize them again is to go to the dealer's shop and have them use their special tool. I asked various OBD manufacturer's if any of their scan tools would do it, and they all said no, it was a proprietary Nissan thing.

Supposedly the G series uses a different computer, and will figure out what is there somehow, but, at least in the 2006 (don't know if they changed it for 2007), you can't do it yourself on the M.

If someone has successfully done this with a scantool, I'd really like to know!
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    Takes the service department a few minutes to re-set ... needs to be done by the dealership. When they rotated my tires at 5K miles I had blank readings --- had to go back. The only problem I've had in 19 months with my M.

B
  • fb001fb001 Posts: 2
    My tires wore out on my M35Sport with Potenza RE50 245/40R19 after only 16,000 miles. I think this is excessive. I am thinking of getting rid of the car cause I can't justify replacing tires every year. Anyone have similiar experience. Also, I am getting only 16.1 mpg mix city/hwy in a flat area. We drive normally. My nephew has the same car in a flat area and gets 19+. Is there something wrong with my M35. Also, my dealer is useless. Overall, I really like the car, dislike the dealer service, and I am shocked at the tire wear. Any recommendations?
  • Where are you located? Who is your dealer?
  • I have a 2006 M35 and have 23,000 miles. It's almost time for tire replacements. My gas mileage is averaging 19 mpg. I have few complaints and love the car. I just want to know which tires are best for replacement.
  • fb001fb001 Posts: 2
    Plano Tx...and my dealer is Crest.
  • I am seriously considering leasing a M35X and believe that some of the complaints about road noise and driveability issues are related to the Goodyear RS-A's. They are a very poorly rated expensive tire by Tire Rack. I'm going to try to work out a swap deal with my local tire dealer to have the new Bridgestones be put on the car. I was wondering if any of you any experience with the Bridgestones on The M35X. If so, please advise.
    Thanks
  • any good dealer for service i am now at ramsey infiniti service sucks any sugg? :confuse:
  • How does the car do with it's OEM Goodyear RSA's in the snow?
  • s54s54 Posts: 29
    I have the same issue with my winter tires and rims even though I have the TPMS sensors on this set.

However, my question is: Does this affect the stability control functionality if the car cannot read the sensors? The dealer is kind of far away and it is not that much of an issue not to have the tire pressure being monitored, but if it's a safety issue...

Thanks in advance for the comments.

S
    I doubt the system relies on the tire pressure monitoring system to adjust the stability control. I'm pretty sure much of it is done with the anti-lock brake sensors - they monitor the relative speed of each wheel. If one tire was significantly lower pressure, it could trigger the anti-lock, but it would take a fairly big loss of pressure to do it.
  • Are the factory tires on the M45 Sport All Season or summer/performance tires?
  • Are the factory tires on the M45 Sport All Season or summer/performance tires?

Summer max performance tires. Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. Excellent dry handling tire. Pricey but down to a mere $245/tire at Tire Rack.
  • What All Season Performance tires are recommended?
    I'd check on www.tirerack.com. Personally, I tend to prefer two sets of wheels/tires and get the best of both worlds based on the season. All-season are a compromise in all seasons...as tire technology gets better, the gap narrows some, but then they make improvements in the dedicated season tires again, too.
  • jjsheinjjshein Posts: 10
    I agree with the two-set philosophy. I have just finished my first New England winter with my M45 Sport, having purchased a set of Blizzack tires (on ASA rims) from my Infiniti dealer (I shopped the Tire Rack and the dealer was within $20 for the set of 4).

The car handled beautifully in all road conditions, from dry, to wet, to snowy, to ice. Obviously, the traction control is a big contributor to the performance.

In fact, I much prefer this setup to my old car, an Audi A6 Quattro with high-performance all season Michelin PS-2's.
    I have 13,500 on my M35 Sport and have PLENTY of tread life remaining to get to the lease's end (which will be ~ 20K miles). What pressures are you running? You must be running them soft. I keep mine at 38 psi cold ... and the dealer adjusts them to that level when it's in for routine service. Bart :shades:
    Carolyn ... 23K is more like it. See my other post. I suspect 16K is the result of running them too soft because I've read several other comments on this thread that folks are typically getting in the low 20's on their Potenza's.

Bart :shades:
  • dano4dano4 Posts: 35
    I appreciate your post as I have the same problem on my 2007 M35x with Goodyear RSA's. It does not happen often, but is disconcerting. Problem seems to occur on well worn roadways with longitudinal wear grooves. When it's time, I will replace with different tires.
    Just an update on my Potenzas. I have 12 months remaining on my lease, 14.7K on my Potenzas and LOTS of tread left to get me to lease's end. I keep my tires at 38 psi cold. I also have a ding/dent/tire warranty that cost me $600 through the course of the lease and it will replace all four tires at no charge if the tread's too thin; at $400/tire I'm ahead of the game.

With respect to gas mileage, I was typically getting 16.5 mpg until 10K miles and am now getting 18.5 running the same local daily routes. Bart :shades:
  • rgnjrgnj Posts: 3
    Interesting I just purchased a 07 M35X ... From day one as I would travel back and forth to work on the hiway, I would encounted portions of the road that had ruts or wear groves. The car would abruptly go in another direction left or right, Usually Right. It was a little scary the first few times. Just last week I was involved in an accident where I had hit road debris dropped from a passenger bus in front of me. They were transmisson parts. The autobody shop recomended that since I destroyed all 4 tires that I change over to the Toyo versado a much better tire made for my car. I am looking to see if this corrects the tracking problem too

Ron Souith Jersey
    Interesting that the dealer recommended a different tire from the ones that came from the factory. Your control issue seems odd to me, but I don't have an "X" so can't opine. I've been very happy with my Potenza's ... and haven't read anything here to suggest that others are having issues with them. At $400 per, if I had to replace all four I'd look for a less expensive but equally speed-rated tire. I drive so little (7K per year) that I don't think I'd notice much of a difference. That said MANY years ago I switched from Goodyears to Bridgestones on my Fleetwood and it did make a world of difference. In those days, however, I drove > 25K/ year much of which was hiway. Bart :shades:
  • rgnjrgnj Posts: 3
    It wasn't the dealer.. I took my car to an independant Auto Repair that I have know for many years. It was their tire distributor that recomended taking the Goodyear off the car.. I did and repleced them with the Toyo's... Amazing difference and ride
  • badboymiabadboymia Posts: 6
    There must be an Alignment problem with the car, I would get the alignment checked, in some cases if it was the tries, after recently pruchasing the car, then it would be the potenza tires that are on there, but its a common complaint! I would def get the alignment checked @ the Infiniti Dealership. I ve had my M35 for 2 months with the same potenza tires and notice a very mild left pull but again that is cause of the tires, had the alignment checked no problems. It should go away after the tires get broken in maybe after 300 miles, that is when my pull went away!
  • badboymiabadboymia Posts: 6
    Hi, I have the same tires, on am M35 sport I live in South Florida and drive in the city the majority of the time and I only get 13.4 mpg on a tanks of gas. As for the tires, I ve only had it for 3 months, and have not notices any tire wear as yet. These are low profile tires and are subject to quick wear due to heat, and driving intensity. Do you tend to pull off hard, accelerate, or stop where you have to depress the brake peddle with force? These can be issues, I would also get the alingment checked at a respect dealer, maybe the Infititi dealer, and then maybe at a Tire Kingdom and see what they say. I really like the car as well great performance comfort, and gets the ladies attentions, they always ask me to take them for a ride! LOL!
  • cbrunzcbrunz Posts: 1
    Any reason these cant be put on my 2006 M35 Sport? I realize they arent as good as the stock tires, or many others out there, but for about 1/3 of the cost, Im definitely considering them

FYI - not a safety issue, I live in FL, so no snow or ice to deal with, and I only drive about 500 miles per month

thx
  • After rotating my tires at 7k miles my TPMS gave me a no readout. The owners manual states you must drive the car for 10 minutes at a speed of 25 miles per hour or greater. After a continuos 10 minutes of driving they will reset the blank reading with the actual tire pressure readings. This did work for me.
    What model year is the car? At least on my 2007, the dealer must reset them to work at different wheels. He said that most of the other models didn't work that way, and would sync themselves, but mine did not until the dealer reset them.