Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 Tires

Comments

• jeffryjeffry Posts: 36
    Thanks infinitisvc, but help me understand the advantage when there is no pulling & old tires lasted 30K to 4-5/32 & even wear. It just seems like a money maker for tire stores w/o specific obvious issues. Thanks.
  • Hi, researching tire for 2006 M45 Sport. Looking for a combination of low tire noise and best treadwear. I do occasionally put my foot in it, but keep it under 100.
    Thanks
  • c5_4func5_4fun Posts: 59
    I've had good luck with Michelin Primacy MXV4. Great handling, good traction in all weather, plowed uphill through 12" of snow. I drive my M35 pretty hard and have been very happy. The only downside is they ride pretty hard so you have to be OK with that. With 15K miles, they look brand new.
  • I am picking up my 2010 M35 in the next couple of days. With all the posts about tramling, I am paying to have the Goddyears replaced.(The dealer says he contacted Infiniti and they didn't know anything about a problem and wouldn't do anything.) I live in NYC which would give a better ride the Michelin Pilot Sport or the Continental Extreme Contact, as these seem to be the most mentioned as replacement tires.
  • barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/ Search this Federal database. The dealer is a lair. Kill the deal.
  • Since I am sort of losing faith in the dealer, can anyone tell me what the correct pressure would be, mainly doing city and some high way driving in NY, for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Thanks.
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    Multiposting won't necessarily get you more answers! I've used 34#. Good, even wear, acceptable ride.
  • Bought a 2007 M35 with 25k miles on it...had the OEM Goodyear RSA's...tread was wearing uneven and there was some tramlining on uneven roads. Took it to Infiniti dealer and they checked steering arm and said ok...but said REAR alignment was out, and tires had 5/32 in some areas, but were uneven wear...and recommended new rubber.
    I researched online and decided to get Michelin Primacy MXV4's...got 500 miles on them now, and a new four wheel alignment...and noticed a much better, quieter ride, and also, haven't felt tramlining since. 60k mile rating...hope they make it close to that. so far, so good.
  • just bought a new 010 M35. I've noticed the tire pressures are 41 front and 40 rear. Is this OK? The door jam says 33 psi. The ride seems fine.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 958
    Well, it won't damage the tire and the tire will probably last a little longer, but the ride will be much firmer. Personally, I would set them to 33psi.
  • bobicgbobicg Posts: 15
    Set to 33 psi COLD, air expands/pressure increases with temperature. Set at 33 cold they should read between 36 and 39 depending on the outside temp and speed.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 958
    Yippee!!!! for those thinking about acquring an M37, it now comes with Michelin asymetrical tires as standard (not sure which tire model).

They have to be better than the Goodyear's on the M35's.....
  • My'07 M35 sport was doomed. I was ready to trade it on anything else that rode without jarring my teeth, allowed me to hear the radio or converse on the phone, have a conversation. etc. The car hunted on uneven pavement, etc. On a last ditch effort, since I love so much else about the car, I changed out the Potenza's for Pilot Sport AS Plus. I was rewarded with a new car...the one I actually thought I bought in the first place. She's now a keeper, nestled in alongside my 540i wihich also runs Pilot Sports. By the way, the AS Plus has a 550 tread rating and a milaege warranty, not the 220 rating of the other Pilot Sports that wear out at 25K.
  • mltsurgermltsurger Posts: 102
    I have 22,000 on the goodyear RSA's.They are bad tires,worn unevenly and worn out.I just had winter tires on and they were great. What tires should I buy next.I plan to use them about 9-10 months a year.I drive 40 miles to work,am conservative most of the time and occasionaly like to see what the V-8 can do?
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    edited March 2010
    I've got the RSA's on my 2010 Maxima and I'm with you these tires are typical OEM tires, mediocre at best and poor usually in all things! I only have 5k miles on them and I can't wait till they wear out so I can put better tires on them!

they are the loudest, most noisiest tires I have ever had on a car; the road and tire thum echo's through the cabin and even with the Bose system turned up, on highway and interstate even that is not loud enough to drone out the road noise these tires bring into the cabin! really ruins the ride sometimes with how loud they become and take away from the luxury ambiance of the really nice comfortable ride quality of the suspension!

not only are the RSA's noisy as crap, they handle extremely poorly in even just light rain, and are completely unsafe in heavy rain and snow/sleet!

Infiniti and Nissan should be ashamed for using these tires at all on these premium vehicles; should have Michelins, Kumhos, or Pirelli's on these cars!

interesting enough, the new 2011 M37 Sedan at my local Infiniti dealer has Michelin Primacy MXM4's on the car! maybe, Infiniti finally got the message!

if ride quality and noise level are any priority for you and your M35/M45 I would make the following tire recommendations for anyone replacing their RSA's!

UHP tires: Pirelli PZero Nero A/S or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

HP tires: Michelin Pilot Exalto's A/S (one and only best HP and would be good replacements for RSAs since the RSAs are also HP tires)

Grand Touring Tires: Michelin Primacy MXM4 or MXV4 (if you can afford it) or Kumho Escta LX Platinum for a cheaper but nice alternative to the Primacy tires!

the grand touring tires would really quiet down the ride and smooth it out tremendously!

best of luck to all Infiniti owners replacing these absolutely atrocious RSAs!
  • dan41dan41 Posts: 180
    Several days after taking delivery on my 2010 M35, I visited with the service manager regarding the tramling and excessive road noise I was experiencing. He told me he was aware of others complaining about the stock RSA's and that he would ask for permission from the regional Infiniti rep to replace my RSA's with Michelin Primacy MXM4's. Well, yesterday the tires were replaced and the difference in ride, tramling and road noise is absolutely profound. I feel like I'm driving a completely different car.

I never realized how much difference one tire manufacturer can have over another. Infiniti made a wise decision to go with the Michelin Primacy MXM4's on their 2011's. If these tires last a well as the previous Michelin tires I've owned, they will, no doubt, be the only type of tire I'll have on my M.
  • slyfox16slyfox16 Posts: 37
    Wanted to know what anyone thought about Michelin Pilot MXM4 245 45 r18 tires on a 2010 M35x?
  • getright40getright40 Posts: 12
    edited May 2010
    I currently have Hankook tires and they aren't bad. Anyone have any dealings with these tires and what's your take? I am due for a new set and considering trying some of the tires suggested here.

Thanks
  • blueyfishblueyfish Posts: 26
    I also spoke to the Service Mgr. regarding the tires on my 2008 M. I was not happy with the RSA's on my 06. Within the hour, he called to tell me that Infiniti had approved Michelin Pilots. Wow! What a difference. Now I am ready for 2011 and Michelin is included.
  • mako5mako5 Posts: 15
    Has anyone used (Hankook) tires on a M35 ? I was wondering how they handled? Michelin tire are pretty expensive and hard to justify the price.
    I was thinking of buying Hankook tires. Are they much noisier and do they handle well?
    I don't know but Cont Extreme DWS are good and not expensive. Great in bad weather. No more M35X for me since 2/09. I had the former Conti Extremes on the M and have the new DWS on wife's Audi A4 3.2. See Tire rack reviews.
  • jjsheinjjshein Posts: 10
    I'm several thousand miles into a set of Pirelli PS2's replacing the stock Bridgestone summer tires. The good news is mileage is up 1-2 MPG, road noise is down, and handling on corners is much improved. The bad news is that the seat bolsters now feel insubstantial compared to the car's enhanced cornering capabilities.
  • Wife got a new car so I got her 2007 Infinit M35. I've got a long commute and lately it's been raining. Noticed that the tires were totally shot. Not sure why she never noticed herself! Went to my local tire shop and got some ContiProContacts. First 36 mile run in rain went pretty well. Haven't tried burning rubber yet. Seeing that people here like the ContiExtremeContacts, hopefully the ContiPros will behave similarly.
  • pinspectorpinspector Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Interesting! I had the same issue with my 08 M35x (new in 08). I did the research and took the car back to the dealer (Ray Catena, Edison, NJ) after 2 months. I asked the service rep to swap the OEM Goodyears for Michelin Primacy. He apparently knew of the problem because he didn't bat an eye. Next day I had new Pirmacys on all 4 wheels and it corrected the tramlining about 75%-80%. September 2010 we bought a new EX35 and while in the showroom I was looking at the new M. To my surprise the new tires on the 2010 M35 are Michelin Primacy.
    edited October 2010
    RSA's drove to switch to Audi. Though Audi has wear and vibration problems with Pirelli P6s all seasons. I have Pirelli P7s that are summer UHP great tires.

My M35X was switched to Conti Extremes A/S at 25,000 miles. They were better but still the M35X was a bad drive. All over the road. Any buzz on the M37x for 2011? 18 months left on my A4 lease. How about a diesel Infiniti? High test will be expensive in 2013 as economic growth overseas accelerates and dollar drops due to you know who.
  • After much research, I just put on Conti DWS's on my 2007 M35. Very much quieter drive than the RSA's. Dealer gave me a great price @ $217 per tire with 4th one free. :)
    Have 2008 M35 - Anyone use Sumitomo's tires and how do you like them ?
    Thanks