Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic 2007

Comments

• joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    Thanks as I like this feature as headlights flashing arent enough sometimes in crowded parking areas?

Thanks,
    Ken
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    The short answer is YES.

Hit the lock button...

ONCE and the parking lights/taillights will flash...

TWICE (within seconds after you first lock it) and the horn will honk and the parking lights/taillights will flash to confirm your car is locked. All Hondas work like this.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    Thank you thegraduate for the answer.

Have a Good Memorial Day!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
  • themagethemage Posts: 6
    I live in Minnesota and I've bought my 2007 EX on January 20th. We had a couple of good snows, and it handled them as expected. I had to dig it out twice from a foot of snow, but that is to be expected. On the road it behaved nicely, but I was aware of what I was driving and did not look for trouble ;)

This reminds me of the comment that a mechanic made when a friend of mine complained that his new BMW 3 was skidding on ice: "It goes fast, it corners fast, but it still has to obey the laws of physics.".

Drive carefully and you'll be fine!
  • trini2trini2 Posts: 1
    The owners manual for my 2007 Civic indicates that the default setting is for the doors to lock at 15 km/hr and there are 3 options for auto door lock. My doors don't lock automatically at this time and i have tried unsuccessfully to set the options as described in the manual. Has anyone encountered a similar prob and what is the solution?
  • HI, I have a new 2007 Civic and when i pull it out of the garage, i hear this high pitched squeaking noise when i turn the wheel and/or step on the break lightly--- does any one else have this problem?
  • hasehase Posts: 6
    I was interested in getting a strut tower bar (preferably a removable one where the brace unbolts), but I haven't been able to find any in any of the searches I have done for the 07's. Anyone know a good source for these? Thanks.
  • targettuningtargettuning Posts: 1,371
    The recently released Si sedan may have one of these. If so it may be able to be used on the more mainstream EX LX models without modification.
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    you can probably find one for the si spec coupe/sedan, but the r18 sits differently and may intefere with it.

a lot of people on the 8thgencivic forum have swapped out si sway bars to their ex's and lx's and have noticed a nice difference.
  • Over the years the Ohio plant has been pumping out thousands of Civics. But I've learned from several factory-trained mechanics that cars made in Ohio have many spotty quality problems. For example, my 2000 Civic is made in Ohio has several visible workmanship problems. One obvious one is the sloppy assembly job between the headlamp and the front fender/engine hood area.

Does any one know where 2007 Civics are made? Are there any made in Japan? Also, I'd like to know if any part/component of Honda cars is made in China?
  • kenlwkenlw Posts: 190
    I supposed you are thinking that if it was built in Japan, it would be free of such defects. As one who has travelled to and worked in factories around the world, I can assure you that it isn't. Factory workers in Japan make mistakes too. They tend to be more consistent so correcting them is often easier. but to think that a product made in Japan is somehow "better" just shows a lack of understanding of reality.

And some would say bigotry, but I won't.

A quality product is more the result of the design of the product than the person putting parts together.

North American Civics are made in Ohio and Canada.
  • random1random1 Posts: 1
    I am not sure about the quality of workmanship from Ohio but my personal experience with made-in-China products have led me to be more wary of stuff made in China, especially critical components like brake parts and other safety-critical components of my vehicle.

I certainly don't see any 'bigotry' in the OP. It's simply a matter of experience based on statistical data. And stuff made in Japan has earned a good reputation due to the attitude and philosophy towards quality, in addition to stricter quality checks before hitting the dealers' parking lot. I own a made-in-USA Civic myself and must agree that there are few minor quality problems. But they don't bother me a whole lot. What concerns me the most is the stuff that are made in China. I do hope Honda won't compromise its hard-earned reputation by using parts made in China.
  • soljasolja Posts: 2
    Has anyone experienced the following potential problem. I recently bought a 2007 Civic LX and, as I think there's something wrong with the trip meter. :cry: The trip meter (A and B) supposed to be work independently, but mine doesn't. Everytime I reset the trip meter, it keeps working at the same time. :confuse: For instance, I use trip A and I reset the trip B. And for a while when I look back at the trip B, it's not zero.

Before I bring it into the dealership, I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem and what it might be?

Thank you in advance. :)
  • shado4shado4 Posts: 287
    Your trip meters are working normally. You cannot "turn off" a trip meter...they are both always working. The only thing you can do is reset each trip meter to 0 independently. Once any of the trip meters are reset they begin counting mileage from 0.

I use trip meter A to track mileage between fill ups. I use trip meter B to track total mileage on long trips.
  • soljasolja Posts: 2
    I was thought that the trip meter work independently. :)
    thank you for your reply shado4. now it's make sense.
    It's the 1st time i have a car with dual trip meter. :P
    since when have civics been made in china?
  • drmbbdrmbb Posts: 80
    Since 2006 by Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd., an affiliate company. They only make civics for sale in China though, and they don't make all their own parts either. I don't think any of the Honda affiliates in China export anything.
    well than its a bit different than now isn't it? his post made it seem like this applies to ALL civics that can be purchased ANYWHERE. what you are saying is quite different.
  • smoocherzsmoocherz Posts: 1
    I have had my new 2007 Honda Civic for about 2 months and a little over a 1000 miles.My oil monitor still says 90%. When I asked the service department at the dealer where I purchased my car when I should bring it in for its first maintenance, he replied, not until the oil monitor says 10%. Is that correct? I always thought that the mileage was more important. Can anyone give me the definitive answer to this question?

Thank You,
    David Kessler
    Mileage is important, but so are other factors such as engine RPM, duration at those RPMs, etc, so the oil life monitor (OLM) uses all these variables to let you know when service is due.

Take it in when it reaches 10%. I change my own oil, my 1st was at about 6,500 miles and the OLM was at 15%.
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    The auto makers never seem to run out things they do that make you slap yourself on the forehead and say "what the hell were they thinking?" Being absolutely in the love with the new Civic since it was introduced for the '06 model, and being somewhat in the market for a new vehicle, I started doing some research. While doing so I learned Honda has made the Civic available in my favorite color (rallye red) only on the EX and SI coupe. For the life of me I can't think of one single reason why Honda couldn't have made this color available in any trim level. Now in order to get a Civic in the color I want I would have to spend roughly an extra $2K for a premium trim level I don't want or need just to get the color I want. How stupid is that? I absolutely love the new Civic, but Honda may have just lost a sale because I can't get the color I want in the trim level I want. I wonder how many other people opted to pass on the Civic because of Honda's ridiculous color unavailability decision?
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    Rallye red? Have you considered rose colored glasses?

Somehow, I think that if my mind was set on purchasing a new vehicle for how it handles, how comfortable it is, how it makes me happy to be in it (since I can't see the outside color from the inside), how it satisfies my needs, how it satisfies my ego, etc. I would get over any minor question of exterior color. At worst, I'd have it repainted.

For the extra $$ the EX has larger rear disk brakes, alloy wheels, moonroof, remote trunk release, variable speed intermittant wipers, 12-volt console outlet, premium sound system, audio controls on steering wheel, 7 speakers, outside temperature display, 60/40 split fold-down rear seat, chrome exhaust, blue ambient light on console, navigation availability AND Rallye Red paint availability.
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    ....I don't need or want any of that stuff. Why should I spend a bunch of extra money for something I don't want, just to get something else I want that should be available in any trim level?
    lets analyze your question here, because i don't think you are going to get an acceptable answer.

You want ralley red. But you don't want an ex.

Deepen your relationship with honda (i.e. purchase a more expensive civic) and they'll give you some extra perks.

If you notice, even if you got an ex SEDAN you STILL COULD NOT get ralley red. Becasue ralley red is usually considered a sporty color, and the coupe emphasizes this. As does the si sedan and coupe in which you can get ralley red as well.

Even if color was NOT an issue, the extras that the ex offeres you are totally worth the price premium, even if honda does make you pay more for them than other competitors.

I don't think they have ever been amazing at color combos (i.e. my black ex had an IVORY interior for 06 and its not until o7 that they finally decided to give it a gray interior), but a lot of auto makers do this. Think you can get aurora blue or cosmic blue on the base mazda 3? nope. youll have to get a 2.3s or a mazdaspeed to enjoy those hues.

So while not every automaker does this, its not exclusive to honda, and they like to reward those who shell out a little more; you may not agree with it, but thats how they have ALWAYS done it. If i was a red ex owner, i'd hate to see a dx guy drive up with ralley red civic thinking he's hot stuff. :P

this carries on to the si as well. YOu want fiji blue pearl ( a color that actually was available on regular civics of the previous gen) on a new civic? sorry, you need to get an si to do that, same with habanero pearl.

As a matter of fact, its interesting to note that in the previous gen of civics (01-05) ralley red was available on the dx/value edition trim; kind of a way for honda to reward those who opted for a car with little extras.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    I also didn't really want everything that the EX version had, so I opted for the LX. That was my thinking last June when I purchased the car. I eventually added a couple of tweaks to my LX to enjoy the car even more. So at the time, I made the right decision for me.
    Looking back now, I probably should've waited till the '07's came out and gotten the EX. Am I sorry I didn't wait...maybe a little. I'm still loving my LX and couldn't be happier. I guess it all happens to do with timing. Last year the LX was all I wanted and needed. This year, the EX would've been my choice.
    That's what makes life interesting though, the life choices we make at different times.

The Sandman :)

P. S. If i had a true do over, I wish I would've checked out the Acura TSX...what an awesome car!
    i totally understand what you are saying sand; but your gripe didn't seem to be about color choices as it was feature content.

and his gripe could be applied to many different automakers, not just honda.

heck mazda wont even give you a hatchback unless you get the 2.3! even with honda you have a choice with regards to performance models.
  • cj2004cj2004 Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 Civic Coupe EX in Galaxy Grey Metallic. I want to add fog lights, but thru the dealership it will cost me around $300 before installation (not worth it). So I was planning on ordering from ebay and having a friend install them. My question is what color are the factory fog lights? Yellow or clear? I want it to look authentic without having to pay an arm and a leg to a dealership. And I only need the light, not a harness or anything right? Since there's already a circular cut-out in the fender that looks like it will pop out to install the light. Is that correct? Any additional info regarding fog lights is appreciated also. Thanks!
    ...but a bigger problem is that they aren't quite round. a custom fit will be tricky but highly doable.
  • rwhrwh Posts: 29
    I waited for the 2007 EX, black with gray interior, and would rather have black interior to hide the stains. So it goes.

And for sure, my next Civic is going to be an Acura!
This discussion has been closed.