Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Bluetooth/Phone Questions

Comments

• keverkever Posts: 4
    My bluetooth Treo 650 is working and connects if I have the bluetooth active on my Treo 650. The only problem i am running into now is that no signal displays on the strength meter on the car. Some calls are very good and others are very weak. Is there anything I can do with the phone system to improve this issue?

Many Thanks in Advance!!!

Kever
  • hybridguyhybridguy Posts: 3
    My wife found a solution! She simply paired the phone during a call. :shades:
  • keithlkeithl Posts: 106
    i have a V360 that paired fine with my 2 previous Acura Tls for the last year. In the first 10 days with my TCH it has dropped the paring twice, and what a pain to get it to repair. Anyone else have a V360 paired with a Camry?
  • I have the same problem. I have not found anyone with a solution. Does Toyota have a tech support number? I will be looking for one.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Car: $30,000

Cell Phone: Free or $100

I think you guys have the cart before the horse. :P

Buy a new phone.
  • You are correct. The Toyota customer experience center said that Verizon phones are the problem. Perhaps Verizon will upgrade the Bluetooth capability to match the car. Right now they don't work. Buy a new phone would be nice. Got a model number in mind?
    The newer Verizon models are mostly compatiable, I believe, from Motorola and LG, I beleive...depends on if you want a phone, or the hybrid PDA/Phone/MP3 player.....here is the Verizon link for that: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf

The RAZR or Chocolate will work, it looks like. :)
  • I checked all the phone and their compatibility with TCH and it was 100% no phone book transfer. So to keep trying is futile.
    Well, call me old fashioned, but I just use my RAZR and Bluetooth headset, works fine for me. ;)
  • r_nashr_nash Posts: 33
    I use Verizon and found the Motorola E815 works great with the TCH. I don't have NAV, and manually entered a few numbers into the TCH phone book. I believe the non-NAV phonebook only holds 20 numbers.

For the most part, I just dial the number (often from my E815's phonebook) and the TCH's handsfree bluetooth picks up the call almost instantly.
    Exactly.

My RAZR has voice dialing, so all I have to do is say "Call Mike Stevens" or simply say the area code and numbers for anyone. Much less hassle.....
  • sibbaldsibbald Posts: 106
    Just upgraded from a Nokia 3595 to a bluetooth Nokia 6103. It works like a dream with the TCH. Cost, $29.00 Canadian which is the same price as the case. When I complained, I was told there is no 3 year contract with the case..... :-(
    But, I am not complaining, my friends are blown away when I demonstrate how well the tch voice system works. I just love it!
    Well, you are in Canada. All due respect. :P
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    But, I am not complaining, my friends are blown away when I demonstrate how well the tch voice system works. I just love it!
    I'm curious, I have not tried it, but when you log into the NAV in say French, is the voice in French or just the screen? I assume since they sell these in Northern Canada it would have a French voice?
  • Hi.I have a similar problem.Initially i was really excited about the blue tooth feature.I took out my sony treo and went to the settings of the TCH blue tooth phone screen.My sony treo picked up the handsfree device and once i click on my cell phone it even asks me to enter the pass key.Now i enter 1111 which is displayed on the nav screen.My phone then says connecting for a few seconds and after that the screen disappears and says that the phone is actually connected to the TCh but the connecting screen on nav screen with passkey never really goes away.So it never connects.I tried this multiple number of times but i end up in the same black hole.I even took my car to the dealership.He was able to connect TCh successfully to motorola and some other phone but not to my sony treo and said that the bluetooth in the phone is working fine --said that theres a problem in phone.But the phone connects wonderfully to other bluetooth enabled ear pieces.I still couldn't understand as to whats wrong?
    On my Motorola, there is no need to enter a password...maybe you need to skip that part of it..... :confuse:
  • i have a razor bluetooth where are steps to link it to the car?
    I am electronically challenged and was able to follow the steps in the owners manual to link my wifes RAZR.

However I believe there is a password (0000?) that was needed at one point. My son told me that.
  • kiehlkiehl Posts: 5
    I purchased my Camry Hybrid July 2007 and immediately paired my Verizon LG 8300. That part went pretty well…. I thought it was cool, but when I could call someone they would say that I sounded very distant and they could not hear me well. It was annoying to me to continue to repeat myself and disheartening as I thought that this would be a nice feature. I left a message on my answering machine and I would have to agree. When I used the phone without the Bluetooth speakerphone though the car everything is very clear and no complaints. I didn't pursue it because I just thought that the technology is just not up to my expectations. Now, quickly browsing this forum it appears that some people may be getting good clear performance? Am I wrong? Is anyone experiencing good clear communication? Please let me know!
    I think my sound is a lot better than the stand alone hands free speaker I have on my work vehicle. I have had no complaints with my connection.
  • NO... the sound and clarity is awful in my TCH. I have heard this from every single person that I have talked to. I find myself lifting myself up to the ceiling microphone area, just to talk, and yelling at the phone. It was not worth it. For Christmas, my family finally got me a bluetooth headset and I prefer using that. Trouble is, the car tries connecting every time I get into it, so I do need to disable that!

How very annoying, for a $34K car. What a neat concept, but a terrible finish for many interior features. I rank this one up there with no AUTO up window, and all the squeaks from plastic on plastic. I will trade for the finish of our '99 camry any day! :mad:
  • Is it possible to transfer the cell phone's address book information from the cell to the car's phone address book through blue tooth or some other means? That would help immensely instead of one-by-one insertions.

Thanks!

Ernie Adsett
  • Yes. The manual explains how to do it via Bluetooth. I have ~= 270 contacts in Address Book. I sync them (also via Bluetooth) from by PowerMac to my Z525. Once in the car I transfer them from the phone to the car.

Now, if I had an Apple laptop rather than a desktop, I could just pair the MacBook Pro with the car and have the laptop transfer them!
  • ulfyaulfya Posts: 2
    Hello I just drove out of the lot with my new THC and I'm new at this forum also, my question is: I'm trying to setup my phone so far so good but now it says "add entry" I choose phone book, and it says get phone ready, ready for what? :( how do I get my phone ready?

Thanks

Ulfya
  • ulfyaulfya Posts: 2
    Hello I'm new at this forum, I need help adding phonebook from the phone to car any help? The car instructions just says get phone ready...How? thanks Ulfya
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,991
    I will trade for the finish of our '99 Camry any day!

That was my cousin's sentiments completely. Better car all around.
  • suek1suek1 Posts: 2
    I had my treo paired to my bluetooth then all of a sudden the phone was no longer linked. tried to pair again but cant get to the screen on the phone where it asks for the pass code. The phone recognizes a handsfree device but they dont seem to recognize each other therefore i can no screen for passcode Any ideas ?
  • plknjplknj Posts: 121
    Which Treo do you have?
  • suek1suek1 Posts: 2
    Its a TREO 650 and my car is Camry Hybrid
  • plknjplknj Posts: 121
    'Not exactly on topic but as a fellow Treo 700p user, I thought you might be interested to know that there is a software update coming next month, in April 2007. The good news is that one of the things it is supposed to do is update the Bluetooth stack, which should improve its ability to sync with the Toyota Camry Hybrid (and a host of other cars). The bad news is that the update is only for Sprint 700p smartphones; 700p smartphones from other cell companies (such as Verizon Wireless) will not be updated until later in the year.'

Though I have the 700, I had the 650 and can't imagine it would give you that much trouble.