Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DTS Electrical Issues

124»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,080
    indytoo,
    Keep us posted on your visit to the dealership! We're available to you should you want any assistance in the process. Contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • indytooindytoo Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    Stopped at the Dealers today and discussed issue with the Service Writer. Asked her if she knew if the RHSM had been reprogrammed with the latest software available on TIS2WEB as cited in #87. She drew a blank. She pounded on here keyboard for a while and said she could find nothing in regard to any reprogramming. I did not have the number with me to give to her at that time. She asked if I could get a copy and I said I would see what I could do. I see an instruction "Bulletin No. 09-08-50-017B" and the TIS2WEB listed. Are these GM documents or outside party items? It seems to me that if they were GM's, they would be readily available to dealer service departments. Please advise.
    Jim
  • I just had that problem , except it happened to me , while I was doing a HID got light kit to it, after installing all lights , tried to start car and nothing all dash light worked , all interior lights worked , doors would lock and unlock but no horn would sound and remote start wouldn't work , head light or fogs not working but marker lights and turn signals worked, message display said service airbag system, after putting all factory stuff back together and re installing bumper , everything worked like nothing ever happened .
  • So what was it? My 06 is doin the exact thng ... I ws told all fuses good strter good battery good got remote key programd ..
  • indytooindytoo Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    In my case, I received no response as to the cause since they had no causitive reason, nor did I receive any mechanical correction to the problem. I will say that fortunately this is the only time this has happened to date. Since this situation can happen at any time and anywhere, I purchased a backup battery pack which I carry at all times on the floor of the rear seating area. Don't put it in the trunk since you can't open the trunk without power. Cadillac has really dropped the ball on this one.
  • theforddogtheforddog Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I also have an occasional battery discharge problem on my 2006 DTS when it is parked in the garage and not running. After several months of being a 100-mile daily driver, I quit driving it except for an occasional trip once a week or less. Then one morning when I tried to start the car the battery didn't have enough juice to turn the starter over. After couple of trips to the dealer and having them them tell me nothing was wrong with the battery, I asked the service adviser what if anything could be done to fix the problem. He explained that the car's computer could "come to life" while the car is just sitting there and now not being driven very often. He said "If you can bring it in and leave it with us for a while, we have new diagnostic equipment that can tell us what the source of the problem is". I decided not to do this because they will most likely want me to pay for an expensive piece of electronic equipment that, in my opinion, may not correct the problem in the long run. The DTS has a 150 amp alternator that will charge the battery all the way up very quickly once the engine is running. It's rated at 105 amps at idle. Just put your 10 amp charger on the battery for a couple of hours and the battery should have enough juice to turn the starter over. By the way, the service adviser told me that the new corvettes have a similar problem, and many of their owners keep a battery charger handy in the garage where they are parked at night.
124»