Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Audio & Entertainment Questions

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,226
    This apparently supports my position about inconsistent building of these.

chris5639 - if you could post the build date of your PAC, I'd greatly appreciate it. Maybe this will help me decipher what unit I have.

Is there any way to tell if a person has IR or RF?

Believe it or not, we've had the PAC for almost a year now and the headphones are still sealed in the box. We have never once turned on the rear video unit. I'm not sure why my wife wanted to get it. I supposed she figures it will be good for our son once he is facing forward and actually cares about watching TV.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Believe me, this has been a very frustrating experience. I bought the Pacifica Touring Signature Series only about 2 weeks ago (build date in 12/05) and it has been at the dealer 3 times now to fix the rear screen that hasn't worked from day one. Shame on me for not trying it out before driving it off the lot. First they thought it was the screen, then made me come back in because Chrysler wanted them to look at the problem more closely. They finally said it was the DVD player itself (trip #2) ordered it and swapped it out (trip #3). Now the screen works but the headphones didn't work. They dugged up a different set of headphones and they worked. But then I discovered they were really staticy after getting home. I did some research on the web I discovered there were two models of the DVD player. The replacement one I got used RF instead of IR headphones. When I called the dealer, they fessed up and said they ordered the wrong dvd player. Now I'm waiting for a new DVD player. Here's my source,
    http://members.aol.com/mlt113/myhomepage/dvd.html
    That's the older unit. The newer unit which I recognize the headphone and remote as the same as mine looks like this,
    http://members.aol.com/mlt113/myhomepage/dvd2.html. I'm really hoping I'll get the right dvd player and that it will once again play mp3 files.
    hey, thanks for the pics! I'll have to compare to mine when I get home.

• Thanks for the reply, and I apologize for taking so long in getting back to you on this. I copy my MP3 files directly over to the CD or CD-RW using the file copy function in Windows XP.

I've also used Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 to burn MP3 discs and gotten the same result with those.

You should note that it may take a while for the player in your car to read all the files. A 3-4 minute wait is not unusual at all. Incidentdally, the single disc player does not play MP3s. You have to use one of the 6 slots in the 6 disc CD/DVD changer. My Pacifica has both. Hope this helps.
  • Mine has a similar problem. The CD will not show any ID for Sirus/ standard CDROMs or MP3 discs. I use Nero to record CDR with ISO with or without Joliet and it makes no difference.
    The dealer sat up and noticed when I put in a regular CD and it showed no tag. But my FM stations show artist and song title. My Sirus won't show them either. I'm going to demand a new player after being nice and giving him another chance to step up and fix it.
    i was told by the dealer that the sirius installed in this vehicle just won't show the info and there's nothing they can do about it.

Seems really silly that, as you said, I can see all that info on FM stations and not satellite.

They've already replaced our Sirius unit, by the way, for a different issue. It still doesn't show the info. So I don't think getting yours replaced will change anything.

• Figured I'd post this since I have not had the time to debug the problem. Occasionally when I start the car the Sirius Radio plays only hiss static. This happens maybe 5% of the time you start the car. It’s not the radio because I can switch sources to CD, DVD and Radio and they all work fine. I'm guessing it's the Sirius receiver not powering up. I've actually sat for a good 10 min turning the ignition key on and off until it powered up. It's not a NO SIGNAL problem. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this.
    Yes, this is the reason why I had to have mine replaced.

The dealer told me it is a TSB, so yours should be able to look it up, as well.

• Well they replaced my RPB today and no change. There are 3 wires on the Sirius box plug that aren't being used. Wonder if they are for the serial interface for the radio?
    I'm going to look for a pinout on the Sirius.
    Anyone have one?
    What about Chilton/Haynes for the 2006 PAC?
    i was on another board at some point where a person modded his to use those currently unused wires and fixed the problem. I never was able to decipher all the details, and with no pics or specifics, its not something I'm willing to try.

• tizlamtizlam Posts: 12
    Yo Qb, what do you use when burning your mp3's ..I have nero 6 on my computer. And i too made a mp3 and it also errored out in the top cd player as well as the 6 disc dash changer. So what program do use maybe i shoudnt use nero could that be my problem ,please help thanks
    whats up, have you had any luck yet with playing your mp3 s .You seem to know alot about the formatting im using nero 6 and the mp3 will play in my stereo at home but not in the pacifica,just wondering if you had any luck yet,thanks
    Well, according to the research of another poster here, one version of the PAC player WILL play MP3s, while another won't. I have yet to find out which version I have (its not our primary vehicle, so its never on my mind until we are driving it ... heck, we've had it over a year and I haven't even tried playing a movie in it yet).

I've used various programs. one being Nero (although I don't know the version), another being Musicmatch, and I believe I've also tried just drag and drop.

Thank you so much I was wasting alot cd's thinking i am doing something wrong when burning, so it must be like you said my head unit must not play mp3 's. Even though the manual sez it does. I will be going to the dealer and a audio store to find out my options, i must have a mp3 player, thanks again
  • wcrgwcrg Posts: 2
    I am needing to replace one of the wireless headphones that came in my 2006 pacifica. The current unit is black and I have only found a chrome one. Has anyone had to replace a headphone and if so where did they get the replacement at.

Thanks in advance.
  • My wife wants me to install a headrest video monitors to our stock 6 disk dvd player. We have the headsets and a remote but not the OEM monitor. Those of you who installed aftermarket monitors to your dvd player... what kind of issues did you have? Will the OEM headsets work? Will the remote work? Were you able to wire in the IR into the monitors so the headsets work?
    Also, how did you get the cables under the carpet to the headrest?
  • i recently got a 06/touring, it came with the changer but not the screen. I want to get an aftermarket screen installed to the stock dvd changer but i was wondering if it would be possible for me to listen to the radio while watching a movie? I wanted to just buy IR headphones and listen to the movie that way. So is this possible?
  • FYI, the factory video system allows you to do this on my 2004. If the headphones are in use, the movie audio goes to the headphones only and the front seat passengers can listen to the radio (or the tape or CD in the radio unit) on the front speakers.
  • but will it still play the video while listen to radio or tape on an aftermarket screen?
  • I just bought a 2004 pacifica with dvd and Nav. I had an overhead lcd monitor install. The remote and rear headsets missing. Where can I get one and how can I tell which to get. I found 2 different remotes and 2 different headsets.
    How do I know which is compatible with my factory 6 disc DVD.
  • The 2004 should have the RF headphones. There is a post on here somewhere with pictures of what the remote should look like.
  • Fellow PAC'ers:

Our 2006 Pac did not come with the second from the top stereo thus, no subwoofer. :cry:

Is there a existing wiring harness from the existing radio back to the subwoofer already installed? Does the factory subwoofer need its own amplifier or does the radio power it? :shades:

Will may radio be able to power it? I do not want to install the most expensive radio just to power a subwoofer.

Any other ideas that can be done without a lot of hassle??? :)

thanks!!!
    well i am trying to get more power as well, with out losing too much space , I am in the process of installing a , amp where the 8 inch woofer is in the back and discarding the factory amp replacing with just 1 12 inch. It might be worth it to change your radio. But only if your radio doesnt have a lot of features attched too it . I think you lose the steering wheels controls(volume and stuff) if you replace the radio
  • se58se58 Posts: 2
    I need help with my dvd player. My wife said that she hit bump and dvd player will not work and she can not get the dvd enject. I try it,but no help. Does dealer cover this repair?
    they should, as long as you are still within the bumper-to-bumper coverage.

• Tizlam

Were you able to get the round grill for the subwoofer off easily? It is possible that it can be popped off and on for storage (in case I don't put a subwoofer in that space)?? :confuse:

How much room is there...enough for jumper cables???

thanks

vic
  • If anyone can help it will be appreciated. Here is the problem. I bought a 2007 pacifica touring series, and I wanted to add a monitor to the exsting dvd player. I took it in to my local radio shop and had it installed. I got a 9.5 overhead monitor. First thing I noticed was that I could only see the video output from the dvd changer only. The single dvd reads it but it does'nt output the video. Second once the engine fans turns on I get lines on the video screen like static. The radio shop says that it's because the dvd changer does'nt have RCA on the back so the video is weak, beacuse they had to slice cables. Is there a problem how they installed it. Bad power or ground. I need to know to get on there case. They said they used the dvd changer wires to install the monitor.
    Thanks!
    definitely sounds like a bad ground to me. Even if its not, their claim of "weak signal" is still their fault. If they knew it would be a problem, then they shouldn't have hooked it up that way.

Does the single disc player play DVDs?? I thought that was for CDs only? In any case, yes, you'll only get picture from the changer.

• I have two dvd players one is the main unit that it's a single one, and the other is a 6 cd/dvd changer. Both have RCA inputs on the front. What I'm guessing is that they tap into the dvd changer cables from the back, and they should have got it from the main dvd unit that it might have a built in noise filter. My guess is that the dvd changer routes the video/audio to the main unit first. Now because they tap into the dvd changer the video and audio would bypass the main unit.I came to this conclusion because I have a portable video player that when plug to the main unit you can hear the sound but no video, that is because the video cables that they installed from the monitor goes straight to the dvd changer bypassing the main unit. Then when I plug the RCA cables on the dvd changer I can hear and see video on the monitor. It should work both ways, because why would you have RCA with video inputs on the main unit for.
    sounds logical to me. If you can hear it from the single unit, then you should be able to see it, too.

In any case, it all points to them having installed it incorrectly.