Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan XTerra SUV

Comments

• I'm saving up for a new car and im really wanting a Nissan Xterra. My mom had a Maxima and it lasted for ever. But ive also heard ppl say that with Nissan cars you either get a really good one or a really bad one. Anyway, have you ever had a Nissan or know someone who has. Better yet do you or have you had an Xterra. If so and not anymore, why did you get rid of it.
    I do like Hondas, I have a Civic '94 right now. I would get anotehr Honda but I need an off road type vehicle for my hobbies. Honda doesnt really have one except the Element and Ive seen those things in person and they have no ground clearence and its a 4 cylinder. Land Rovers are the best but unfortuneatly I have no bling. I never thought that a 4Runner would be the kind of vehicle to take off road and an SUV is really what im looking for. Chevy's dont have good long lasting stats as Ive looked at a few Consumer Reports type mags. And Fords are expensive. So I figured the Nissan Xterra was about 20K for a basic 4x4 SUV. Which isnt a bad price. Ok, thats where im at right now.

PS: these are a couple of post from another forum not about cars. I went there asking and someone led me here. Thanks for the help.
  • could someone give me a quick general experience with Xterra's. i got to the 15th page and didnt have the attention span to keep reading. pls dont make me sift through 120 pages worth of posts.

nevermind, i ahve found some bad remarks about them. Im learning more each day from this place ^-^
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    It will be out in two months, there shouldn't be much of a price increase (they still have to keep it well under the Pathfinder, which is to start at $28K), and it will be worlds apart in the improvements over the current model.

Now if you are looking to bargain hard for a big price reduction, then now is the time. Nissan is running $2500 cash back on XTerra, and dealers will likely give you another 20% off sticker with a little encouragement - there are still plenty out there and two months is a short time.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Still have the rust issue with my 2002 Nissan Xterra. I was informed that the "Cloud White" Nissans do not have a clear topcoat. I'm trying to do some research to gather information to prove that the lack of a topcoat is causing my rusting. Any suggestions?
  • Can someone please tell me what the basket on the roof is for? Does it still interfere with the sunroof on the 05? I juscant think of anything I would possibly want to put up there.
    Does anyone know if the 6spd is basically the same (junk) trans used in the Z?
    I've seen pathfinders in the lot for under 28k (in Union NJ) so I would imagine a nicely equipped X-Terra should be had for 26K. Might be a fun toy to lease....
  • love the vehicle! Tight turning circle decent acceleration but driving the vehicle at highway speeds is ...er..... rattling!
  • Per Nissanusa.com, the base Xterra S starts at about $21k. Add power options and you are looking at about $23k. Isn't that pathfinder territory ? The new Xterra will only sell if they keep it a notch below pathfinder and 4runner. Otherwise, it will price itself out of buyers' hands. Think about it. You can add a couple of grand and get a 4runner or a pathfinder so why would you get this one ?
  • jgriffjgriff Posts: 362
    I myself have read of loaded up Xterra priced into the low 30's. And no doubt I was just as soon buy a PF, 4R, or even maybe even a Jeep GC, before spending that much on a Xterra.

You get a bigger more powerful engine, and just a little more interior room.

At my local dealer, they still have way too many '04 sitting on the lot. No one wants them.
  • If Nissan is reading this, here is a free friendly recommendation. Keep the Xterra under $20k with some power options and it will do well. But keeping it over $20k will move it to a higher class level and will affect sales.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    I was just curious why the Xterra board is so quiet, especially in consideration of the fact that a great new model is coming out. The Frontier board has been hopping. Is it a sign of lack of interest in this vehicle? Or are you guys actually out doing stuff with your vehicles and not sitting around in front of computers?
  • cobbocobbo Posts: 34
    My guess is the silence around here is b/c Nissan is withholding information about the new 2005 while they're trying to clear the massive backlog of '04s off of their lots...this will probably be a busier forum come April...
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    Car & Driver has a preview article in the most recent edition. It has a good bit of info on the vehicle. I was expecting that to spike some interest.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    "Nissan's new Xterra emphasizes the "utility" in SUV, as it makes up for oddball styling and a spartan interior with positive features like a powerful V6 engine, stellar off-road prowess and unmatched storage space and versatility."

First Drive: 2005 Nissan Xterra

Steve, Host
  • sblutsblut Posts: 2
    My daughter has an 2000 Xterra that we bought used in 2002 I have a 2002 Altima SE V-6 which I bought new three years ago.these cars have been essentailly trouble free vehicles I would not hesitate to buy another Nissan and I have never owned a japanese vehicle before this.The new Xterra looks like a great vehicle and my daughter might consider purchasing one when she gets out of pharmacy school she loves her car it has been very reliable.The only drawback to that Xterra is the gas mileage but what suvs except for the hybrid ones get good mileage?Thats the trade-off when you buy an Suv.And with that new engine which is the same one in my car it has to be a blast to drive.
  • jgriffjgriff Posts: 362
    Yep I have some interest in the new X, but I'm a little concerned that it may come up short. I'm hoping that by not having a 3rd row of seats, it might allow for some more leg room over the PF.
  • wrxwrx Posts: 2
    All

I am considering grabbing an 04 before the 05's hit. How cheap are they actually going for? I am expecting some deep discounts and wanted to hear of anyone who picked one up recently.

Is Nissan still offering 2500?

Thanks!
  • pkc1pkc1 Posts: 4
    I'd hold off on getting the 04 based on price alone. There are to many enhancements to the 05. In fact, it is a completely redesigned vehicle. Go to Google and do a search for nissan xterra 2005 and you may change your mind.
  • pkc1pkc1 Posts: 4
    Couldn't get close at the Miami auto show in Nov. Nissan reworked the interior fabric and I'm not sure I'll like it compared to the 04's
  • Anybody have any specific information on when the 05's will begin arriving at dealerships? The most specific thing I've seen is 'February'.
  • cobbocobbo Posts: 34
    Don't know where you're looking Popinjay, but down here in the Tampa, FL area, we were told not to expect to see them until April...hope that's not the case b/c I'm interested in checking them out...